Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas

Go down 
+3
Lokki
solardave
LambertWardSteel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LambertWardSteel

Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  Empty
PostSubject: Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas    Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 12:19 am

The Steelers activated outside linebacker Ola Adeniyi from injured reserve to the 53-man roster in advance of Sunday’s game against the Chargers.

To make room for Adeniyi, the Steelers released undrafted rookie free agent inside linebacker Matthew Thomas.

With starting outside linebacker Bud Dupree questionable for the game with a pectoral injury, the Steelers needed to add some depth at outside linebacker. They played the first 11 games of the season with only three outside linebackers on the 53-man roster. Adeniyi is now the fourth.

If Dupree cannot play against the Chargers, Anthony Chickillo will get the start and Adeniyi will be the top reserve. Adeniyi, an undrafted free agent out of Toledo, recorded three sacks in four preseason games, but he injured his hamstring in the final preseason game against the Panthers and had to be placed on injured reserve.

Thomas dressed for the first 10 games of the season and played on special teams. He was a healthy scratch against the Broncos last week. Thomas is eligible to be signed back to the 53-man roster or practice squad next week if he is not claimed by another team.

Article here: https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/12/01/Steelers-activate-outside-linebacker-Ola-Adeniyi-roster-release-Matthew-Thomas/stories/201812010047

solardave

Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas    Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 4:33 am

To me this is good news/ bad news.After thinking about it it seems like DuPree's torn muscle might be worse than everyone thought. I like Thomas too. I hope no one picks him up before we can resign him.

All kinds of questions now. If Bud can't go who starts? Do they use Adenyi in certain situations? It would be great seeing 92 coming off the edge for a sack or two. Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  1647293567 Just like old times only different.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas    Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 12:48 pm

I won't be surprised if the Pats* pick up Thomas. They always seem to swoop in and pick up players that we cast off to fleece for info.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas    Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  EmptySun Dec 02, 2018 2:57 pm

Lokki wrote:
I won't be surprised if the Pats** pick up Thomas.  They always seem to swoop in and pick up players that we cast off to fleece for info.  

"IF YOU CAN'T CHEAT EM' -JOIN EM' Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  1797695198
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas    Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 6:01 am

I don't like them releasing Thomas. Can definitely see the Pats* claiming him. Seemed like a kid that could of developed into a good player.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas    Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 6:55 am

Thomas is back. Hunter is on the IR. Trey Edmunds, older bro of Terrell Edmunds, is now on the 53. Farrington Huguenin is gone.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/12/4/18125576/steelers-place-justin-hunter-on-injured-reserve-and-sign-matthew-thomas-to-practice-squad-nfl-news
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas    Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 7:27 am

jak341 wrote:
Thomas is back. Hunter is on the IR. Trey Edmunds, older bro of Terrell Edmunds, is now on the 53. Farrington Huguenin is gone.  

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/12/4/18125576/steelers-place-justin-hunter-on-injured-reserve-and-sign-matthew-thomas-to-practice-squad-nfl-news

Good. Matthew Thomas is a guy we should definitely try to keep around. I hope they cut Hunter following this season, dude is terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas    Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 4:21 pm

I don't imagine Hunter will be back. Glad Thomas slipped through though.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas    Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  EmptyFri Dec 07, 2018 4:57 pm

I liked what I saw out of Ola in pre season as a green rookie he showed some one on one vs LT pass rushing skills.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas    Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  EmptySat Dec 08, 2018 5:25 am

Lokki wrote:
I won't be surprised if the Pats** pick up Thomas.  They always seem to swoop in and pick up players that we cast off to fleece for info.  

Without googling, does anyone know which current Steelers player we picked up after the Patriots* released him from their practice squad?
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas    Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  EmptySat Dec 08, 2018 10:13 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Lokki wrote:
I won't be surprised if the Pats*** pick up Thomas.  They always seem to swoop in and pick up players that we cast off to fleece for info.  

Without googling, does anyone know which current Steelers player we picked up after the Patriots** released him from their practice squad?

Now you got my my google finger itchy. Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  1549491426
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas    Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  EmptySat Dec 08, 2018 7:23 pm

solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
Lokki wrote:
I won't be surprised if the Pats**** pick up Thomas.  They always seem to swoop in and pick up players that we cast off to fleece for info.  

Without googling, does anyone know which current Steelers player we picked up after the Patriots*** released him from their practice squad?

Now you got my my google finger itchy. Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  1549491426

I'll give you a hint Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  1797695198

He went undrafted in 2016 and was signed as an UDFA by the Jaguars in May of that year. He was released as one of their final roster cuts on August 29th. The Patriots* signed him on September 6th to their practice squad to release him 8 days later on September 14th. 3 months later on December 13th the Steelers signed him to their practice squad.

Guess who? Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  1664291743
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas    Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 8:00 am

Stella Nation wrote:
solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
Lokki wrote:
I won't be surprised if the Pats***** pick up Thomas.  They always seem to swoop in and pick up players that we cast off to fleece for info.  

Without googling, does anyone know which current Steelers player we picked up after the Patriots**** released him from their practice squad?

I'll give you a hint Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  1797695198

He went undrafted in 2016 and was signed as an UDFA by the Jaguars in May of that year. He was released as one of their final roster cuts on August 29th. The Patriots** signed him on September 6th to their practice squad to release him 8 days later on September 14th. 3 months later on December 13th the Steelers signed him to their practice squad.

Guess who? Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  1664291743

I already looked so I won't ruin it. Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  469886443
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas    Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas  Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers activate outside LB Ola Adeniyi to 53-man roster; release Matthew Thomas
Page 1 of 1