Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach

Go down 
+3
Lokki
muncher
jak341
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach   Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 6:05 pm

It took 40 minutes to find Munch's replacement. 40 minutes

https://twitter.com/WTAE/status/1084947060426723328?s=19

Shawn Sarrett has always been an assistant, never a coach.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjb2PP0se7fAhWJTt8KHTr2BrYQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.behindthesteelcurtain.com%2F2019%2F1%2F14%2F18182774%2Fsteelers-waste-little-time-promoting-assistant-shaun-sarrett-as-new-offensive-line-coach-nfl-news&psig=AOvVaw3RpGJieXV1HmD5PgSHLtmo&ust=1547593695129613
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach   Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 10:19 pm

at least tomlin took his time and found the best possible candidate(meaning his contract is up next year)
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach   Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach EmptyMon Jan 14, 2019 10:32 pm

This team is imploding.  :(  We may be fighting with the Bengals for the bottom of the North next season.

That said, I hope that he paid attention and learned a lot from Munch.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach   Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 4:38 am

If Munch left to take a lateral position what does this tell us about the locker room? I may be reading to much into this but it sure looks to me like he wanted out.
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach   Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 9:59 am

solardave wrote:
If Munch left to take a lateral position what does this tell us about the locker room? I may be reading to much into this but it sure looks to me like he wanted out.

yup, reports were saxon wanted out also
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach   Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 1:44 pm

muncher wrote:
solardave wrote:

yup, reports were saxon wanted out also

I didn't see anything about Saxon wanting out but this is turning into a 3rd rate soap opera. Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach 2913999526
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach   Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 3:11 pm

one of the steelers beat writers mentioned it
didnt take him too long to find a job either
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach   Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach EmptyTue Jan 15, 2019 5:33 pm

Art Rooney is a fucking idiot and is running this team into the ground. For one thing, there's no dicipline and it starts with Tomlin. You let AB fly off the handle and now he won't be back, meaning now you gotta look for a new "best in the league" guy. GOOD. LUCK.

Then you get rid of the RB coach and Munchak. Why?

Also, why is Keith Butler Still here?!!

These changes are stupid if you ask me. Rather have Dan back any day.

There's a part of me that cynically wants them to talk next season so everyone gets fired. Place turned into a dumpster fire shit hole in 0-60

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach 1505004552
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach   Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 3:51 am

Things are just becoming comical at this point. Saxon and Munchak gone, but Keith Butler still has a job when his unit is largely to blame for losing games this season. It's OK though because Coach T had a conversation with him and they felt good about it...

We've got players saying stupid shit to the media that should be staying in house. Contradicting reports, players saying things that contradict each other and reports... You name it. It is literally a shitshow of drama at the moment. It's pretty embarrassing really. It really irritates me because it wasn't long ago that Mr. Rooney passed away, and the way that we honor his memory is acting like a bunch of middle school teenage girls talking trash about each other through the media, and allowing distractions of all kinds to effect a team whose reputation is built on the exact opposite.

How Tomlin still has a job through all of this is beyond comprehension for me. I love Coach T and I wish him the best, and I'm going to root for my Steelers no matter what, but he's letting the players act out in the media, act out on social media, and cause hugely detrimental distractions for the organization as a whole. He should've put his foot down a long time ago and shut down the social media BS, shut down the unprofessional talk to the media... But through it all, he states at a press conference that he doesn't care about it. That's just intentionally ignoring a very obvious problem that even us couch coaches and armchair GMs can see. It's asinine.

I hope this team surprises me next season, but I am not getting my hopes up.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach   Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 4:38 am

Here is a good article not only about the Steelers but the NFL in general:

The 2018 regular season may be recalled as the time when the weight of plain evidence forced the Pittsburgh Steelers and their worldwide fan base to stop pretending. Ever since the Black-and-gold’s 1970s heydey, the team and its organization have enjoyed the reputation as a consistent winner bolstered by a stable organization, sage drafting, solid coaching and key players that, when the chips were down, could be counted on to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. In large part, this is the meaning of slogans such as “the standard is the standard” and “the Steeler Way.”

But in the wake of yet another lost season — one even more disappointing than the preceding four seasons dating back to 2014 — it’s no longer possible to pretend this is a team building towards another championship. Steelers Nation was given fair warning in the first four games of the current season, when the team stumbled to a 1-2-1 mark. But their subsequent 6-game winning streak changed the picture to what once appeared to be a commanding 7-2-1 record in the AFC North following their narrow Week-11 win at Jacksonville.

Read more: https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-opinions-reactions-news-updates/2019/1/1/18162686/the-problem-with-the-steelers-is-the-problem-with-the-nfl-mike-tomlin-roger-goodell-nfl-news
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach   Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 7:58 am

Boy that write up really nails it.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach   Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 10:47 am

Regarding the quick hiring of Sarrett, I read an article about a week ago, when it looked like Munchak might be getting a head coach job. I forget where I saw it and can't find it now. Essentially, it said that the Steelers love Sarrett, and that if Munchak leaves, he'd more than likely be the replacement. So the fact that the Steelers hired him quickly and didn't look elsewhere shouldn't disturb us. It's no different than when they fired Haley and quickly promoted Fichtner.

There's been lots of bad lately, but I don't think promoting Sarrett belongs in that category.

In searching for the article I referenced, I did find this one ...

Shaun Sarrett’s Time Is Now, And A Long Time Coming

In a parallel timeline in which the Tennessee Titans never let Mike Munchak go as their head coach, it may well be that Shaun Sarrett is already a beloved name in the city. Chances are that the Pittsburgh Steelers may have named him their offensive line coach to replace Jack Bicknell, Jr. in 2014 until Munchak fell in their lap.

Five years later, and under a half-decade of Munchak’s tutelage, he now gets his chance to run the show, and while the offensive linemen will surely miss him, they also believe in Sarrett. If you have been paying close attention over the past couple of years, you will have no doubt seen pretty much every lineman at one point or another volunteer his name during interviews when speaking about their coaching.

That is how much Sarrett has been involved. According to reporters from 2013, he had already become the team’s de facto offensive line coach over Bicknell around midseason, and he has been Munchak’s righthand man the entire time he’s been here.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/01/shaun-sarretts-time-is-now-and-a-long-time-coming/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach   Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach EmptyWed Jan 16, 2019 11:45 am

i guess we'll see but it looks just all the other hires
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach   Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach EmptyThu Jan 17, 2019 6:25 am

I'm not worried nearly as much about our O-line as the defense. Sarret has been here long enough to hopefully not miss a beat but we still have Butler.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach   Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Promote Shawn Sarrett To OL Coach
Page 1 of 1