Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Window Closed, But Another Opening. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening.

Go down 
+2
solardave
jak341
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening. Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening.   Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening. EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 10:20 am

Interesting take.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/01/18/Pittsburgh-Steelers-opening-a-new-kind-of-window/stories/201901180111
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening.   Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening. EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 10:56 am

It's what we all know. He didn't mention drama going forward though. Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening. 2829330259 Maybe he thinks that window will close after AB and Bell are gone. I hope it is but somehow as long as Tomlin is in charge he won't concern himself with drama.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening.   Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening. EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 2:04 pm

With Ben playing QB we wont win another SB. His arm strength to stretch the field is diminishing, his accuracy has been getting worse and worse, and he makes game altering poor decisions. Not to mention a complete lack of leadership qualities.

Top that off with the amount of top round draft bust choices on defense over the last few years and Tomlins inability to call decent defensive schemes or adjust and we will be lucky to make the playoffs the next few years.I say Tomlin because its pretty obvious he is fully running the defense and its his to take the blame for Jarvis Jones, Artie Burns, Bud Dupree... etc etc...

Add in next seasons brutal schedule and we are lucky if we have a winning season. Which I seriously doubt.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening.   Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening. EmptyMon Jan 21, 2019 4:42 am

Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening. 3067078418 Is it too soon? Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening. 2605341373 Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening. 1797695198
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening.   Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening. EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 2:09 pm

10 years ago today. It feels like an eternity ago, and it feels like we're further away than ever from returning.

https://twitter.com/nflthrowback/status/1091339112932622338?s=19
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening.   Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening. EmptySat Feb 02, 2019 10:17 am

jak341 wrote:
10 years ago today. It feels like an eternity ago, and it feels like we're further away than ever from returning.

https://twitter.com/nflthrowback/status/1091339112932622338?s=19

yup, as long as tomlin is here all we can do is watch ben pile up some HOF numbers to pad his career stats.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening.   Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 8:11 pm

The more I think about this, the more I think we are fucked next season, and perhaps beyond:
  • JuJu is going to draw the attention of double teams. We don't have a #2 WR that can concern a defense. James Washington isn't it.
  • Ben is going to hit the wall sometime soon. Will it be this year?
  • No idea if Dobbs or Rudolph are "the guy" behind Ben.
  • I am still not sold on Conner being a reliable and consistant #1 RB, Pro Bowl notwithstanding.
  • Defense continues to languish with no real change to scheme or players. Dupree looks like a bust. Burns is looking like a total bust (if the random rumors are true and the Steelers are looking at a CB in the 1st), the MLB position is thin, Edwards is average at best, and the D line is inconsistent.
  • Whatever problems are in the locker room are still there. The loss of AB and Bell doesn't fix this, it removes the ones who were talking the most.

It feels like a massive rebuild is coming. One of those down and out for multiple season rebuilds.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening.   Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 9:20 pm

Our offense is going to be fine. Despite from what I've read here, Ben is still playing at a very high level. I think he will for a few more years. Even without AB and LB we are still sitting pretty good. Offensive line will be good. Connor and Samuels will be good and wide out should be good enough. Defense on the other hand. ..

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening.   Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening. EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 12:50 am

jak341 wrote:
The more I think about this, the more I think we are fucked next season, and perhaps beyond:

• JuJu is going to draw the attention of double teams. We don't have a #2 WR that can concern a defense. James Washington isn't it.
  • I am still not sold on Conner being a reliable and consistant #1 RB, Pro Bowl notwithstanding.
  • Defense continues to languish with no real change to scheme or players. Dupree looks like a bust. Burns is looking like a total bust (if the random rumors are true and the Steelers are looking at a CB in the 1st), the MLB position is thin, Edwards is average at best, and the D line is inconsistent.
  • Whatever problems are in the locker room are still there. The loss of AB and Bell doesn't fix this, it removes the ones who were talking the most.

It feels like a massive rebuild is coming. One of those down and out for multiple season rebuilds.

man, i hope not.
what will we do with the never bellow .500 trophy?
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening.   Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening. EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 3:23 am

jak341 wrote:

I agree with you for the most part, but I'm not that pessimistic. I think Washington will make a big leap. I really believe in him as I wanted him last year in the second round. He was really great, fast and strong in college. I still feel Dobbs and Rudolph need at least a year to groom. If they need to play now, it will kill their career as they aren't ready yet to be a starter. This league is filled with QB's who started too early in their career and who never became a reliable starter as a result. It went largely unnoticed, but if you watch the tape Edwards played great his last 3 or 4 games of the season.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2019/rob-weintraubs-all-afc-north-team
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening.   Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening. EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 4:37 am

I think you guys mean Edmunds and I think we'll see a leap in him this next year. Don't forget this was his rookie year. I believe Washington is going to be a Hines Ward type for us. Only with more speed but just as tough.
I still say I'd like to see us at least make an effort to move up for a LB in round one. I would love to see Josh Allen or Devin White in black and gold but they're projected in at least one mock to go one and two.
Fat chance there without pulling a Ditka (Ricky Williams) and selling the farm.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening.   Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening. EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 5:31 am

solardave wrote:
I think you guys mean Edmunds and I think we'll see a leap in him this next year. Don't forget this was his rookie year. I believe Washington is going to be a Hines Ward type for us. Only with more speed but just as tough.
I still say I'd like to see us at least make an effort to move up for a LB in round one. I would love to see Josh Allen or Devin White in black and gold but they're projected in at least one mock to go one and two.

Indeed Edmunds Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening. 1505004552

Josh Allen or Devin White would be awesome, Devin White isn't a top 5 pick though. Probably top 10.
Last year I wanted Leighton Vander Esch and he turned into one of the best LB's in the league. In this year's draft I like Mack Wilson and Germaine Pratt (2nd round). I'm not so high on Devin Bush as others are. I expect us to draft BPA of ILB/pass rusher/CB in the first round and I think one of the top CB's (Greedy Williams, Byron Murphy or DeAndre Baker) will fall into our lap at 20.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening.   Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening. EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 6:39 am

Stella Nation wrote:
solardave wrote:

Josh Allen or Devin White would be awesome, Devin White isn't a top 5 pick though. Probably top 10.
Last year I wanted Leighton Vander Esch and he turned into one of the best LB's in the league. In this year's draft I like Mack Wilson and Germaine Pratt (2nd round). I'm not so high on Devin Bush as others are. I expect us to draft BPA of ILB/pass rusher/CB in the first round and I think one of the top CB's (Greedy Williams, Byron Murphy or DeAndre Baker) will fall into our lap at 20.

I know we need a CB on the other side but @#1 scares me. You're right about Esch. He was a bright spot for the cowboys. I'm not familiar with Wilson or Pratt. I don't watch enough college ball but I'll take your word for it. The only CB I'd take at 1 would be Greedy Williams but I can't see him there @ 20. I've been wrong plenty of times before though. I thought William Jackson III would be there and the Bengals screwed us.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening.   Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening. EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 10:52 am

Thinking beyond Brown and Bell.

https://twitter.com/rayfitt1/status/1098933263106785281?s=19
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening.   Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening. EmptyMon Feb 25, 2019 7:08 am

solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
solardave wrote:

I know we need a CB on the other side but  @#1 scares me. You're right about Esch. He was a bright spot for the cowboys. I'm not familiar with Wilson or Pratt. I don't watch enough college ball but I'll take your word for it. The only CB I'd take at 1 would be Greedy Williams but I can't see him there @ 20. I've been wrong plenty of times before though. I thought William Jackson III would be there and the Bengals screwed us.

It's just my opinion on Wilson, Bush and Pratt of course. It's not because I had it right last year (I also thought Darius Leonard would be a good fit for us and he played well for the Colts) that I will have it right this year. To be honest, outside of Devin White I don't see an ILB with the potential of Vander Esch. I believe Wilson would be a reach at 20 and I would be happier with Greedy Williams, Murphy or Baker at that spot. This draft seems deep, but there are only very high quality players imo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening.   Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening. Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Window Closed, But Another Opening.
Page 1 of 1