Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  Empty
PostSubject: 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's    'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 5:08 pm

The Huffington Post
Katla McGlynn
First Posted: 9/8/11 09:38 AM ET Updated: 9/8/11 01:13 PM ET

We have a feeling you "won't be able to resist" this new treat from Ben & Jerry's.

As was rumored earlier this summer, the Vermont ice cream company has turned Schweddy Balls, the fictional treat made famous by Alec Baldwin on "Saturday Night Live" in the 90s, its latest ice cream flavor.

Ben & Jerry's Schweddy Balls... Has a nice ring to it, right?

You're probably wondering what Schweddy Balls taste like. Well, according to the Ben & Jerry's website it's not exactly what Mr. Schweddy described on "The Delicious Dish," but close:

"Available in both pints and Scoop Shops, this flavor is Fair Trade vanilla ice cream with a hint of rum and is loaded with fudge covered rum and milk chocolate malt balls."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/08/schweddy-balls-flavor-ice-cream-ben-and-jerrys_n_953628.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003&ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's    'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 5:24 pm

'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  3562723908

Oh, I'm not eating that! 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  2217377625

I'll bet Tim Lumber knows what Schweddy Balls taste like. 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  106674522

I miss Timmah. 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  3201610882

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's    'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 5:39 pm

LOL! I miss Timmah too. Booby jr. is just not an adequate replacement for him.

I'd try it if it wasn't rum flavored. I'll drink rum from time to time, but absolutely hate rum balls and crap like that. Alcohol and candy just don't mix (IMO). Love the concept though!

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's    'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 5:44 pm

I'm partial to B&J's Cheesecake Brownie and Red Velvet Cake Ice Creams. They are fantastic! I liked Willie Nelson's Peach Cobbler one too.

Yeah, Booby Jr. isn't a very good trollcompoop. He's a dummy, but not on a grand scale like Rim Fumbler. 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  1664291743

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's    'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 5:53 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
I'm partial to B&J's Cheesecake Brownie and Red Velvet Cake Ice Creams. They are fantastic! I liked Willie Nelson's Peach Cobbler one too.

Yeah, Booby Jr. isn't a very good trollcompoop. He's a dummy, but not on a grand scale like Rim Fumbler. 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  1664291743

Chubby Hubby and Cherry Garcia are my faves!

LMAO @ Rim Fumbler. 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  1797695198

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's    'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:02 pm

Strange.... you'd think Chunky Monkey would be my favorite. 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  2087824411 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  3798349058

It's too bad you didn't get to see some of the shit we hammered Lumber with at SU. I wish I still had access to that whole thread. It was some pure verbal annihilation. He couldn't take it anymore (imagine that!) and left never to return.

Of course, on his Speak and Spell blog he claimed total victory over us "Squeeler" losers". He is the king of smack talk and a master debater after all. 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  1664291743

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's    'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:06 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:

Chubby Hubby is the best flavor ever invented

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's    'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:23 pm

JonM229 wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

Chubby Hubby is the best flavor ever invented

It is...I have to limit myself to monthly rations of the stuff, lest I become fat and evil. 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  1797695198

The only thing better I've ever tasted in an ice cream (and this was when I was working at a local ice cream shop) was a flurry (like a DQ Blizzard) with vanilla soft serve, crushed up waffle cones, a bit of hot fudge mixed in and fresh cut strawberry and kiwi. I've never tasted a better ice cream in my life. I call it "Wow...that's farcking delicious!".

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's    'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:43 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
It is...I have to limit myself to monthly rations of the stuff, lest I become fat and evil. 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  1797695198

I hate fat and evil people! 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  1890901109

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Some stores freezing out Ben & Jerry's new flavor   'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:49 am

Some stores freezing out Ben & Jerry's new flavor
By STEPHANIE REITZ - Associated Press | AP – 10 hrs ago

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Ben & Jerry's Schweddy Balls ice cream is too hot to handle for some supermarket chains. While the new limited-edition flavor has brought chuckles from fans of the "Saturday Night Live" skit on which it's based, some supermarket chains aren't laughing and have been giving it a cold shoulder.

The flavor featuring fudge-covered rum balls has been absent from some grocery freezers since it was unveiled. The title was inspired by an innuendo-laced 1998 skit featuring Alec Baldwin as baker Pete Schweddy, who promises, "No one can resist my Schweddy balls."

But apparently some grocery store chains can, and so can supporters and members of the One Million Moms group.

That Mississippi-based moms organization has been putting the heat on retailers to keep Schweddy Balls out of their freezers and encouraging parents to ask the Vermont-based Ben & Jerry's to stop production of the item, saying the name is nothing but locker room humor that's not appropriate for young children.

(Read More:) http://news.yahoo.com/stores-freezing-ben-jerrys-flavor-213431173.html

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, Mom, it looks like you're going to have to look high and low for the "Balls" if you want some. 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  3798349058

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's    'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 12:11 pm

Those One Million Moms need to focus on more important things, like making one million sandwiches.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's    'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:13 pm

I'm gonna walk up to every one of those mothers and say...

and then...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's    'Schweddy Balls' Flavor Ice Cream Hits Ben & Jerry's  Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1