Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homewould / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

would / should the steelers go for a Big Snack

Go down 
+3
SteelerFreak58
solardave
Master_Of_Puppets
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: would / should the steelers go for a Big Snack   would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 4:26 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I think Hargrave has been doing a fine job. IDL isn't really at the top of my list of needs for this team. I'd say ILB, WR, OLB, and TE are all ahead of IDL. Hell I'd probably say S, and IOL are ahead of IDL as well.

I agree about our needs but a guy like Lawrence would make big Dan the one trick pony expendable. would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 2087824411 Since trading up in the first looks all but impossible maybe we do it in the second and snag a sliding 1rst rounder. All I know for sure is we can't afford any more Artie Burns types early on.
someone mocked Bryon Murphy to us in the first, know anything about him?

He brings the wood. I'll say that for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GteiOwZcKc

I think he's the BPA at CB.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: would / should the steelers go for a Big Snack   would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 7:33 pm

I think I'd prefer him to Greedy Williams based on what I've read. Seems like a tougher grittier player.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: would / should the steelers go for a Big Snack   would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 3:52 am

nine vegetable wrote:
I think I'd prefer him to Greedy Williams based on what I've read.  Seems like a tougher grittier player.

Yeah and the other thing that stands out on the clip is when the ball is in the air he considers it his. We haven't seen that in awhile.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: would / should the steelers go for a Big Snack   would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 4:36 am

greedy's game is man to man coverage which the steelers never try no matter how bad their zone coverage is being picked apart. murphy is a zone guy and is far superior to williams at tackling so he would be their pick and likely will be if bush is off the board. maybe even if bush is on the board. hadden is getting old and prone to injuries, plus is in the last year of his contract.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: would / should the steelers go for a Big Snack   would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 8:06 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
greedy's game is man to man coverage which the steelers never try no matter how bad their zone coverage is being picked apart. murphy is a zone guy and is far superior to williams at tackling so he would be their pick and likely will be if bush is off the board. maybe even if bush is on the board. hadden is getting old and prone to injuries, plus is in the last year of his contract.

I agree. I think Murphy is the better corner and Hayden has had injury issues his entire career. However if Bush is there I think we need to grab him. Of course it's all guesswork at this point.
Hell they might take a kicker at#1. would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 1797695198 I wouldn't be laughing though if they actually did.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: would / should the steelers go for a Big Snack   would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 10:27 pm

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I agree. I think Murphy is the better corner and Hayden has had injury issues his entire career. However if Bush is there I think we need to grab him. Of course it's all guesswork at this point.
Hell they might take a kicker at#1. would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 1797695198 I wouldn't be laughing though if they actually did.

only a raider fan during AL's reign had to fear a kicker or punter being their 1st rd pick.

williams is known for being bad at tackling , where murphy likes to hit. it would be like comparing dion sanders to rod woodson. not that they are in the same league, just comparing their game.

as i mentioned before, considering the free agent signings and contracts, i doubt either would be starters barring an injury. barron , and nelson got way to much money to set the bench. of course murphy could eventually take over from hilton, and bush could be used the way they did with timmons his rookie year on passing downs subbing for williams. or they could use bush the way they used burnette as a safety linebacker hybrid .. would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 2087824411
either one would be a good investment for next year. as i pointed out, this is haddens last year of his contract, and they could cut barron next year with only a $700,000 cap hit.

i believe, though i'm not sure, they could also unload vance mcdonald next year without much dead money if they are eying op hockinson or fant.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: would / should the steelers go for a Big Snack   would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 4:19 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

only a raider fan during AL's reign had to fear a kicker or punter being their 1st rd pick.

williams is known for being bad at tackling , where murphy likes to hit. it would be like comparing dion sanders to rod woodson. not that they are in the same league, just comparing their game.I'd take Woodson over Sanders all day long. Sanders was really good covering but was afraid to tackle and you're right about Williams. That's why I think Murphy would be a better fit.

as i mentioned before, considering the free agent signings and contracts, i doubt either would be starters barring an injury. barron , and nelson got way to much money to set the bench. of course murphy could eventually take over from hilton, and bush could be used the way they did with timmons his rookie year on passing downs subbing for williams. or they could use bush the way they used burnette as a safety linebacker hybrid .. would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 2087824411I really think if Bush is there he is the BPA @20.
either one would be a good investment for next year. as i pointed out, this is haddens last year of his contract, and they could cut barron next year with only a $700,000 cap hit.

i believe, though i'm not sure, they could also unload vance mcdonald next year without much dead money if they are eying op hockinson or fant.
As talented as McDonald is he stays injured and that's why I also think if Fant is there he would not be a "dumb pick".
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: would / should the steelers go for a Big Snack   would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 10:09 pm

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

williams is known for being bad at tackling , where murphy likes to hit. it would be like comparing dion sanders to rod woodson. not that they are in the same league, just comparing their game.I'd take Woodson over Sanders all day long. Sanders was really good covering but was afraid to tackle and you're right about Williams. That's why I think Murphy would be a better fit.

as i mentioned before, considering the free agent signings and contracts, i doubt either would be starters barring an injury. barron , and nelson got way to much money to set the bench. of course murphy could eventually take over from hilton, and bush could be used the way they did with timmons his rookie year on passing downs subbing for williams. or they could use bush the way they used burnette as a safety linebacker hybrid .. would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 2087824411I really think if Bush is there he is the BPA @20.

As talented as McDonald is he stays injured and that's why I also think if Fant is there he would not be a "dumb pick".

agreed. i wouldn't complain at all if they took either Iowa TE. i think hockinson would be their choice if both are available. as a blocker, hockinson is a mauler. fant would be something new for the steelers. a TE that actually gets yards after the catch .. would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 1645253483 ...
one of these guys could help ease the sting of losing brown without spending a lot of draft capital on trying to replace him.
the thought of passing out of a two TE set is appealing ... would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 3135543967
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: would / should the steelers go for a Big Snack   would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 6:39 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

agreed. i wouldn't complain at all if they took either Iowa TE. i think hockinson would be their choice if both are available. as a blocker, hockinson is a mauler. fant would be something new for the steelers. a TE that actually gets yards after the catch .. would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 1645253483  ...
one of these guys could help ease the sting of losing brown without spending a lot of draft capital on trying to replace him.
the thought of passing out of a two TE set is appealing ... would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 3135543967

To be fair McDonald gets yards after the catch but as we both said can't seem to stay on the field.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: would / should the steelers go for a Big Snack   would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 9:55 pm

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

agreed. i wouldn't complain at all if they took either Iowa TE. i think hockinson would be their choice if both are available. as a blocker, hockinson is a mauler. fant would be something new for the steelers. a TE that actually gets yards after the catch .. would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 1645253483  ...

To be fair McDonald gets yards after the catch but as we both said can't seem to stay on the field.
McDonald get his yards by trucking people would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 1797695198  but  i'm talking about a guy who can dodge and even outrun DB's. most of McDonalds catches are within 15 yds of the line of scrimage. he'll never catch a 10 yard pass and turn it into a 50 yard gain. fant could do that. he is basically just a HUGE WR they could line up anywhere.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: would / should the steelers go for a Big Snack   would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 4:24 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

McDonald get his yards by trucking people  would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 1797695198   but  i'm talking about a guy who can dodge and even outrun DB's. most of McDonalds catches are within 15 yds of the line of scrimage. he'll never catch a 10 yard pass and turn it into a 50 yard gain. fant could do that. he is basically just a HUGE WR they could line up anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDTe7WpmwHg
I see what you're saying. Look around the 2:24 mark. That's a nice run after catch. Wide receiver speed with great hands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: would / should the steelers go for a Big Snack   would / should  the steelers go for a Big Snack - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

would / should the steelers go for a Big Snack
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2