Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMichael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster

Go down 
+3
IowaSteeler927
solardave
Wallace108
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster Empty
PostSubject: Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster   Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 12:54 pm

Everyone understands how much pressure is on Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster this season. Replacing a player like Antonio Brown isn’t easy, but it is not impossible. This was the topic on ESPN’s “First Take” and NFL analyst Michael Irvin shared an anecdote about Smith-Schuster and the Dallas Cowboys.

According to Irving, he did everything but get down on one knee begging Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to draft Smith-Schuster back in 2017. Irvin has confidence in Smith-Schuster to elevate his game this season and handle the additional pressure to come with being the No. 1 guy without Brown there to pull coverage away from him.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/31/michael-irvin-begged-jerry-jones-to-draft-steelers-wr-juju-smith-schuster/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster   Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 3:49 pm

It's hard to watch that video and however I feel about Irvin I think he makes some good points. I don't doubt that he tried to convince Jones to go after Ju Ju either.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster   Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 3:26 am

Michael Irvin being on his knees in Jerry Jones' office isn't anything that should be a surprise to anyone. Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster 1797695198

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster   Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 2:54 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Michael Irvin being on his knees in Jerry Jones' office isn't anything that should be a surprise to anyone. Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster 1797695198

Especially if their is cocaine involved. Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster 1549491426
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster   Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 2:09 am

Jerry Jones likely didnt listen because Irvin would have gotten credit for it instead of him.
Back to top Go down
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster   Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 4:53 pm

where was the coke head at draft time talking about this conversation about juju?
he waits a couple years later and then tries to pat himself on the back by telling this 'story'

hell, remember how i went o 32 teams in 200 and told ever single gm that they needed to draft tom brady?
yup, i told all of them that i knew he would be great...........
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster   Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 10:27 pm

i wanna be on record for lobbying for chase winovich this year. i here he had a good game for the cheaters.... Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster 3096553220
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster   Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 1:21 am

What is the Cowboys loss is the Steelers gain. You can say. Not just a great player but a great classy person. The anti-Brown and Bell.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster   Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 3:14 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i wanna be on record for lobbying for chase winovich this year. i here he had a good game for the cheaters.... Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster 3096553220

I wanted Winovich as well. Actually had him mocked. Had Bush, Winovich, and Gentry all mocked to the Steelers. 2/3 ain't bad!

I will say this though, we look pretty loaded right now with capable pass rushers. Adeniyi and Skipper are playing very well at camp. I don't know that we needed Winovich.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
muncher

PostSubject: Re: Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster   Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 12:40 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

im gonna wait a few years before i make a bold prediction on this draft class.............. Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster 3562723908
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster   Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 4:58 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I wanted Winovich as well. Actually had him mocked. Had Bush, Winovich, and Gentry all mocked to the Steelers. 2/3 ain't bad!

I will say this though, we look pretty loaded right now with capable pass rushers. Adeniyi and Skipper are playing very well at camp. I don't know that we needed Winovich.

i just believe and pre draft did believe ,Washington is going to step up this year and be worthy of his high draft pick. plus you figure in adding moncrief and i thought spending that 3rd on a receiver would have been better spent on looking for an edge rusher upgrade would have been the wiser option , with the added bonus of freeing up cap space by not paying Dupree 9.2 million this year. i could be wrong and he has a "breakout" year , but over the past 4 years he has been consistent. consistently mediocre. i don't see that he has gotten any better with time.
plus say he does have the "breakout" year, 10-12 sacks. do you throw a huge contract at a one hit wonder ?

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster   Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 5:00 pm

muncher wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

im gonna wait  a few years before i make a bold prediction on this draft class.............. Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster 3562723908

i don't have to wait...i am never wrong Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster 131212936 ....well except jarvis jones... Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster 190127080
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster   Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster Empty

Back to top Go down

Michael Irvin begged Jerry Jones to draft JuJu Smith-Schuster
Page 1 of 1