Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Waive Moncrief Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Waive Moncrief

Go down 
+4
Stella Nation
solardave
Great Randino
jak341
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Steelers Waive Moncrief Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Waive Moncrief   Steelers Waive Moncrief EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 5:03 pm

Moncrief has been waived.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/11/02/steelers-release-donte-moncrief/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Mark Kaboly with the hottest hot take ever seen.

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly/status/1190723040310681601?s=19
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Waive Moncrief   Steelers Waive Moncrief EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 9:51 pm

Most unsurprising move of the year. Everyone saw it coming for weeks (and nobody with any common sense disagrees with it).

Kaboly must not actually watch the games.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Waive Moncrief   Steelers Waive Moncrief EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 2:18 am

nine vegetable wrote:
Most unsurprising move of the year.  Everyone saw it coming for weeks (and nobody with any common sense disagrees with it).

Kaboly must not actually watch the games.

Hell I don't have any common sense and I still agree with it. Steelers Waive Moncrief 2981382511
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Waive Moncrief   Steelers Waive Moncrief EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 2:19 am

jak341 wrote:
Moncrief has been waived.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/11/02/steelers-release-donte-moncrief/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Mark Kaboly with the hottest hot take ever seen.

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly/status/1190723040310681601?s=19
Kaboly trying to take Mark Madden's place in the idiot ranks.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Waive Moncrief   Steelers Waive Moncrief EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 5:59 am

I believe we still could have used Moncrief, but that tells more about the depth of our WR corpse than of Moncrief's qualities. The move is logic to get our 3rd round draft pick back.

I know it was a bit of a risk but I would have taken Josh Gordon from waivers.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Waive Moncrief   Steelers Waive Moncrief EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 6:48 am

Stella Nation wrote:
I believe we still could have used Moncrief, but that tells more about the depth of our WR corpse than of Moncrief's qualities. The move is logic to get our 3rd round draft pick back.

http://www.nfl.com/player/joshgordon/2537931/careerstats

Potential but not much in results. 6.5 years of lackluster performance.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Waive Moncrief   Steelers Waive Moncrief EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 9:00 am

Stella Nation wrote:

Were the Seahawks ahead of us on waivers though?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Waive Moncrief   Steelers Waive Moncrief EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 11:09 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

Were the Seahawks ahead of us on waivers though?

I don't think they would be but it doesn't matter. I just heard the Seahawks were the only ones to put in a claim. Guess we weren't interested.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Waive Moncrief   Steelers Waive Moncrief EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 1:00 pm

Why would we want that poison on our team? We just got rid of AB, why go back there?
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Waive Moncrief   Steelers Waive Moncrief EmptyTue Nov 05, 2019 5:58 am

nine vegetable wrote:
Why would we want that poison on our team?  We just got rid of AB, why go back there?

I agree. Not nearly enough production to take on his baggage.
Like Jack Nicholson said "Sell crazy somewhere else. We're all stocked up here!"Steelers Waive Moncrief 2981382511
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Waive Moncrief   Steelers Waive Moncrief EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 8:37 am

I think Washington and Johnson are growing right before our very eyes. I'm excited to watch this continue.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Waive Moncrief   Steelers Waive Moncrief EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 8:57 am

SteelersYak wrote:
I think Washington and Johnson are growing right before our very eyes. I'm excited to watch this continue.

I was having serious doubts about Washington but he had a good game last week. I hope he continues to grow in this offense because if we have any shot this year both him and Johnson have get open often. And catch the ball when the opportunity arises.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Waive Moncrief   Steelers Waive Moncrief EmptyThu Nov 07, 2019 9:07 pm

All the receivers are under 24 let that sink in. Those young men are just learning to realize their potential and how to work as a unit. Once they can gel as a unit with MR and he gets comfortable with their tendencies you will see this offense take off...
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Waive Moncrief   Steelers Waive Moncrief EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 12:09 am

What frustrates me about this is that if you look back at our preseason threads, most of us were constantly pointing out that Moncrief wasn't cutting it. Meanwhile, Washington was lighting it up and Johnson was showing flashes. Yet the season started with Moncrief as the No. 2 receiver. Frustrating.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Waive Moncrief   Steelers Waive Moncrief EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 4:00 am

Wallace108 wrote:
What frustrates me about this is that if you look back at our preseason threads, most of us were constantly pointing out that Moncrief wasn't cutting it. Meanwhile, Washington was lighting it up and Johnson was showing flashes. Yet the season started with Moncrief as the No. 2 receiver. Frustrating.

I didn't understand that either except maybe Tomlin/Colbert didn't want to face the fact that they made a bad choice.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Waive Moncrief   Steelers Waive Moncrief EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 9:40 am

Tomlin and Colbert valued game experience over rookie talent. The NFL did as well up to some years ago. Today, rookies are playing and teams are letting them make mistakes and "learn on the fly".
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Waive Moncrief   Steelers Waive Moncrief EmptyFri Nov 08, 2019 10:48 pm

solardave wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

I didn't understand that either except maybe Tomlin/Colbert didn't want to face the fact that they made a bad choice.

I tend to agree. Coaches tend to be stubborn, and Tomlin is no exception. They preach accountability and owning and learning from mistakes. Yet they oftentimes don't seem to hold themselves to that same standard.

jak341 wrote:
Tomlin and Colbert valued game experience over rookie talent. The NFL did as well up to some years ago. Today, rookies are playing and teams are letting them make mistakes and "learn on the fly".

This is a possibility as well. Although I believe it had more to do with stubbornness. They spent money on a free agent, and they were bound and determined to play him no matter what. Moncrief was the No. 2 receiver the second they signed him, and nothing was going to change that.

Whether it was stubbornness and an inability to admit that signing him was a mistake, or whether they preferred experience over talent, the end result was the same.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Waive Moncrief   Steelers Waive Moncrief Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Waive Moncrief
Page 1 of 1