Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWhat if the NFL games are played in empty stadiums this season? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

What if the NFL games are played in empty stadiums this season?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

What if the NFL games are played in empty stadiums this season? Empty
PostSubject: What if the NFL games are played in empty stadiums this season?   What if the NFL games are played in empty stadiums this season? EmptyThu May 07, 2020 11:53 am

what will this do to future salary caps? are the owners going to take all the money hit? how many people will be at games if everyone has to sit 6' apart? would you still go to games being shoulder to shoulder in a soldout stadium?
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: What if the NFL games are played in empty stadiums this season?   What if the NFL games are played in empty stadiums this season? EmptyFri May 08, 2020 6:02 am

The NFL as a whole is going to take the money hit. Would I still go to games? Probably not this year, I think I'll wait until next year, or until we get an all-clear regarding this COVID crap.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: What if the NFL games are played in empty stadiums this season?   What if the NFL games are played in empty stadiums this season? EmptyFri May 08, 2020 11:32 am

At some point, player salaries will have to take a large hit. The numbers just don't add up any other way. Sure, ratings may be up (for a while), but ad revenues are way down. And no/very little gate and concessions, etc will hurt - a lot.

Everyone is going to have to give up salary (we've all had to, they will have to as well).
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: What if the NFL games are played in empty stadiums this season?   What if the NFL games are played in empty stadiums this season? EmptySun May 10, 2020 8:43 am

I will say this. Any person who holds a season ticket should be paid back in full if they can not attend games due to the Covid-19 dempanic.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: What if the NFL games are played in empty stadiums this season?   What if the NFL games are played in empty stadiums this season? EmptyMon May 11, 2020 4:58 am

solardave wrote:
I will say this. Any person who holds a season ticket should be paid back in full if they can not attend games due to the Covid-19 dempanic.

I agree, I wonder if they'd pay the fans back though? Definitely be interesting to see how that would work if it came down to it. I know I'd be wanting my money back if I was a season ticket holder and there was no football, or we weren't allowed to attend the games.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: What if the NFL games are played in empty stadiums this season?   What if the NFL games are played in empty stadiums this season? EmptyMon May 11, 2020 8:58 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:

I agree, I wonder if they'd pay the fans back though? Definitely be interesting to see how that would work if it came down to it. I know I'd be wanting my money back if I was a season ticket holder and there was no football, or we weren't allowed to attend the games.

If it comes to cancelling the season and they don't agree to refunds I could see a class action suit that I believe the owners would loose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if the NFL games are played in empty stadiums this season?   What if the NFL games are played in empty stadiums this season? Empty

Back to top Go down

What if the NFL games are played in empty stadiums this season?
Page 1 of 1