Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRedskins to announce nickname will be changed Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Redskins to announce nickname will be changed

Go down 
+3
IowaSteeler927
jak341
Wallace108
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Redskins to announce nickname will be changed Empty
PostSubject: Redskins to announce nickname will be changed   Redskins to announce nickname will be changed EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 12:49 am

The Washington Redskins will officially announce Monday morning that they will be changing their nickname, though no new name will be revealed just yet, a source confirmed Sunday night.

Sports Business Daily, which first reported Monday's official announcement, reported that the new name would not be announced yet because trademark issues are pending.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29453631/source-redskins-announce-nickname-changed?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

---------------------------------------

What will the new name be? Zero chance, but I favor Hogs. A throwback to when the team was great, and we know how much Washington loves pork (that's my political humor for the day).

Redskins to announce nickname will be changed Tenor

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Bays likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Redskins to announce nickname will be changed   Redskins to announce nickname will be changed EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 10:49 am

Keep the name. Change the logo. It also serves as their status as a franchise of late.

Redskins to announce nickname will be changed Smarts12
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Redskins to announce nickname will be changed   Redskins to announce nickname will be changed EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 11:14 am

NFL has gone into full on pandering mode. Once they saw riots going on they couldn't spread their cheeks fast enough. I don't get it. Two years ago they were adament the name wouldn't, be changed, now they're giving in.

Just my personal opinion but this politically correct stuff, and the pandering is getting old. I never found the name or logo to be racist. I always felt that it showed respect that they felt that their team should be associated with Native American warriors.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Redskins to announce nickname will be changed   Redskins to announce nickname will be changed EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 1:41 pm

I’m sure the native Americans are more worried about their lands getting destroyed/invaded (still) than a football team name, honestly. This is just another example of “cancel culture” taking over.

For what it’s worth I’ve been reading that Washington Warriors is a likely change. The team owner already has it trademarked and either considered it had an arena league team with that name.

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Redskins to announce nickname will be changed   Redskins to announce nickname will be changed EmptyTue Jul 14, 2020 12:51 pm

The Steelers are next. In order to form steel you have to beat the hell out of it.

Steel Life Matters!

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

Wallace108 and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Redskins to announce nickname will be changed   Redskins to announce nickname will be changed EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 3:50 am

What about the "Chiefs"? Are they going to arrest fans for doing the "Tomahawk Chop"?
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Redskins to announce nickname will be changed   Redskins to announce nickname will be changed EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 10:00 am

Bays wrote:
For what it’s worth I’ve been reading that Washington Warriors is a likely change. The team owner already has it trademarked and either considered it had an arena league team with that name.

I suggested Warriors in a discussion we had in 2013.

https://www.steelersxtreme.com/t4873-the-redskins-days-are-numbered?highlight=Redskins

Might be the only time I've had an idea that actually made sense. Redskins to announce nickname will be changed 1664291743

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

solardave and Bays like this post

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Redskins to announce nickname will be changed   Redskins to announce nickname will be changed EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 10:29 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Bays wrote:

https://www.steelersxtreme.com/t4873-the-redskins-days-are-numbered?highlight=Redskins

Might be the only time I've had an idea that actually made sense. Redskins to announce nickname will be changed 1664291743

It seems Dan Snyder trademarked the "Warriors" name in 2013 as well...the only logical conclusion I can come to is that Dan Snyder ripped you off, buddy!! Redskins to announce nickname will be changed 3798349058

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Redskins to announce nickname will be changed   Redskins to announce nickname will be changed EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 11:52 pm

Bays wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Bays wrote:

It seems Dan Snyder trademarked the "Warriors" name in 2013 as well...the only logical conclusion I can come to is that Dan Snyder ripped you off, buddy!! Redskins to announce nickname will be changed 3798349058

I wasn't aware of that. He obviously knew this day was coming sooner or later.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Redskins to announce nickname will be changed   Redskins to announce nickname will be changed EmptyThu Jul 23, 2020 2:58 pm

Welcome to the NFL: the Washington Football Team.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29524343/washington-nfl-team-use-washington-football-team-now-sources-say
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Redskins to announce nickname will be changed   Redskins to announce nickname will be changed EmptyFri Jul 24, 2020 1:55 am

jak341 wrote:
Welcome to the NFL: the Washington Football Team.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29524343/washington-nfl-team-use-washington-football-team-now-sources-say

Lmao.

What's your NFL team?

The Washington Football Team...

Redskins to announce nickname will be changed 1797695198 Redskins to announce nickname will be changed 1797695198 Redskins to announce nickname will be changed 1797695198 Redskins to announce nickname will be changed 1797695198 Redskins to announce nickname will be changed 1797695198

IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Redskins to announce nickname will be changed   Redskins to announce nickname will be changed EmptyTue Jul 28, 2020 6:46 am

To touch on the "Warriors" suggestion. My high school team was the "Warriors" and our mascot was also a Native American. That was until someone complained about it being offensive and then they promptly changed our helmet logos to an arrowhead instead of a Native American Warrior.

People get offended by anything and everything anymore. I guess since I'm of Irish descent I'll start complaining to the University of Notre Dame about their Leprechaun mascot and "Fighting Irish" name. It offends me... lol

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Redskins to announce nickname will be changed   Redskins to announce nickname will be changed EmptyMon Aug 24, 2020 11:57 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
To touch on the "Warriors" suggestion. My high school team was the "Warriors" and our mascot was also a Native American. That was until someone complained about it being offensive and then they promptly changed our helmet logos to an arrowhead instead of a Native American Warrior.

People get offended by anything and everything anymore. I guess since I'm of Irish descent I'll start complaining to the University of Notre Dame about their Leprechaun mascot and "Fighting Irish" name. It offends me... lol

Redskins to announce nickname will be changed 2981382511  

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redskins to announce nickname will be changed   Redskins to announce nickname will be changed Empty

Back to top Go down

Redskins to announce nickname will be changed
Page 1 of 1