Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWill there be a season? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Will there be a season?

Go down 
+5
solardave
jak341
IowaSteeler927
Wallace108
DesertSteel
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

Will there be a season? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will there be a season?   Will there be a season? EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 12:43 pm

Anything going on over here?? I haven't stopped by here for a while. Do they play a full season this year or not??
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Will there be a season?   Will there be a season? EmptyWed Jul 29, 2020 3:18 pm

DesertSteel wrote:
Anything going on over here?? I haven't stopped by here for a while. Do they play a full season this year or not??

My heart says yes. My head says no.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Will there be a season?   Will there be a season? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 2:05 am

DesertSteel wrote:

Good to see ya.

To answer your question, it's really difficult to say. Quite a few players took a pass on the season already. I could see them cancelling it all-together. They're not going to be putting their best product on the field with some pretty notable players sitting out. Not to mention all the confusion with how they're going to do things logistically, and a lot of people are pissed off with the NFL and their politics. I could see them cancelling it, but I could also see them pressing on. Guess we're going to see.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Will there be a season?   Will there be a season? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 9:53 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
DesertSteel wrote:

Good to see ya.

To answer your question, it's really difficult to say. Quite a few players took a pass on the season already. I could see them cancelling it all-together. They're not going to be putting their best product on the field with some pretty notable players sitting out. Not to mention all the confusion with how they're going to do things logistically, and a lot of people are pissed off with the NFL and their politics. I could see them cancelling it, but I could also see them pressing on. Guess we're going to see.

Too much $$$ at stake to fully cancel. Unless the union completely blocks players from playing, there will be football in some form.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Will there be a season?   Will there be a season? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2020 3:45 am

I think if they don't cancel the season what we will see will resemble one of the strike seasons. In 1982 they only played 9 games with a 16 team playoff scenario. I won't be surprised if this year looks something like that.
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Will there be a season?   Will there be a season? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2020 4:00 pm

Really as we are living in the new normal. May be a season or maybe not!

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Will there be a season?   Will there be a season? EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 5:15 pm

even if the season plays out the NFL will lose over a billion of dollars this season with no fans in their stadiums the TV contract and apparel sales will be their income. watch the salary cap drop like a rock good luck to the teams signing these big player contract.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Will there be a season?   Will there be a season? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 1:01 am

i seen a video and they said they would use the bleachers for advertisement space. so plan on having much of the camera time getting billboard shots around the stadium.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Will there be a season?   Will there be a season? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 7:46 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i seen a video and they said they would use the bleachers for advertisement space. so plan on having much of the camera time getting billboard shots around the stadium.

Proof once again that the NFL is not about player's safety or fan's enjoyment. It is about revenue and maximum profit. Of course if they actually cancel the season I'll have to back track and say:NEVER MIND Will there be a season? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Will there be a season?   Will there be a season? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 12:43 pm

I think they cancel the season. This sport is the opposite of social distancing, which is still a key theme for reducing the spread of this virus. And given how our society thrives on hindsight, imagine all the second guessing if one of the players dies of COVID after playing/practicing.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Will there be a season?   Will there be a season? EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 6:15 pm

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Proof once again that the NFL is not about player's safety or fan's enjoyment. It is about revenue and maximum profit. Of course if they actually cancel the season I'll have to back track and say:NEVER MIND Will there be a season? 1797695198
and thats different than any other business how ? Will there be a season? 2829330259 capitalism 101
i think they end up canceling.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Will there be a season?   Will there be a season? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 2:48 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

and thats different than any other business how ? Will there be a season? 2829330259  capitalism 101

You're right but the NFL has never wanted the fans to look at it as a business. They want us to see entertainment and forget about the hypocrisy. And it is capitalism 101. I have worked 2 different places that treated me like family. Literally. 2 in a 35+ year work history. For the others I was either an asset or a liability,depending on whether I did what I was told without question.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Will there be a season?   Will there be a season? EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 2:55 am

kirklandrules wrote:
I think they cancel the season. This sport is the opposite of social distancing, which is still a key theme for reducing the spread of this virus. And given how our society thrives on hindsight, imagine all the second guessing if one of the players dies of COVID after playing/practicing.

I don't disagree with your reasoning but I have to say I don't think NFL management cares about anything but money.If they did Goodell would have been gone long ago.He keeps his job because he makes them boat loads of cash. They weigh the odds in respect to revenue kind of like how pharmaceutical companies factor in death rates and class action suits before they decide if a particular drug will be profitable. I think if they see this season as more reward than risk they play ball.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Will there be a season?   Will there be a season? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2020 7:22 pm

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

and thats different than any other business how ? Will there be a season? 2829330259  capitalism 101

You're right but the NFL has never wanted the fans to look at it as a business. They want us to see entertainment and forget about the hypocrisy. And it is capitalism 101. I have worked 2 different places that treated me like family. Literally. 2 in a 35+ year work history. For the others I was either an asset or a liability,depending on whether I did what I was told without question.
their illusion came crashing down in march of 1993 when free agency began. since then we have been watching the greedy players fight the greedy owners over every dollar. owners extort cities for tax payers dollars to build them new stadiums so they can make even MORE money or they will find a city that will. players speak of having a bond with their team mates calling themselves "brothers" , but yet they are content to let their "brother" go to another family , instead of collectively offering salary cap relief. do you think the team had a meeting to discuss individually taking small pay cuts so they could keep "brother" hargrave on the team to make them more competitive ? these guys say winning championships is their goal...thats the biggest crock of shit ever.

for 73 years (until 2015) the NFL was considered a non profit and were tax exempt. perhaps thats why they tried to disguise themselves.

solardave and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Will there be a season?   Will there be a season? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2020 1:17 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

their illusion came crashing down in march of 1993 when free agency began. since then we have been watching the greedy players fight the greedy owners over every dollar. owners extort cities for tax payers dollars to build them new stadiums so they can make even MORE money or they will find a city that will. players speak of having a bond with their team mates calling themselves "brothers" , but yet they are content to let their "brother" go to another family , instead of collectively offering salary cap relief.  do you think the team had a meeting to discuss individually taking  small pay cuts so they could keep "brother" hargrave on the team to make them more competitive ? these guys say winning championships is their goal...thats the biggest crock of shit ever.

for 73 years (until 2015) the NFL was considered a non profit and were tax exempt. perhaps thats why they tried to disguise themselves.

Will there be a season? Giphy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will there be a season?   Will there be a season? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will there be a season?
Page 1 of 1