Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense Empty
PostSubject: Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense   Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 11:03 pm

https://triblive.com/sports/tight-end-eric-ebron-staying-silent-about-reduced-role-in-steelers-offense/

Quote :
Keeping quiet never has been easy for Eric Ebron, not in the best of times and certainly not in the worst.

His playing time, targets and catches are down drastically in his second season with the Steelers, but the eight-year veteran has refrained from the type of public outburst that previously defined him.

While big plays have been lacking for Ebron, he has raved about the growth Freiermuth has made in his first half-dozen NFL games.

Freiermuth said Ebron has been a positive influence on his budding NFL career.

“E has been awesome,” he said. “I’ve learned a lot from him. Just how to take care of his body. He’s never really having those pains of a season. I’m learning that from him and, being the vet he is, how to get ready for games, how to get ready on a daily basis. He’s awesome.”

Im liking this TE room of Ebron, Freiermuth and Gentry.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense   Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 11:49 pm

ebron has "earned" his reduced playing time. he knows he is on thin ice. he flaps his gums and i doubt tomlin would hesitate to give him his pink slip and he likely thinks that as well. they should put him on the trading block.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense   Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 2:35 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
ebron has "earned" his reduced playing time. he knows he is on thin ice. he flaps his gums and i doubt tomlin would hesitate to give him his pink slip and he likely thinks that as well. they should put him on the trading block.

I agree with you except the part about the trading block. We'd probably have to give up a pick to get someone to take him off of our hands. Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense   Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 5:13 pm

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I agree with you except the part about the trading block. We'd probably have to give up a pick to get someone to take him off of our hands. Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense 1797695198
he isnt totally useless. he does catch some balls. he is a nice decoy with his size and speed. he just shouldnt be the target when you REALLY need the yards. he should always be the last option. he should never be on the field for a run play.

solardave and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense   Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 5:43 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

he isnt totally useless. he does catch some balls. he is a nice decoy with his size and speed. he just shouldnt be the target when you REALLY need the yards. he should always be the last option. he should never be on the field for a run play.

Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense Giphy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense   Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 6:32 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Didn't he run a sweep in for a TD without trying to bowl someone over and fumble this year?
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense   Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 1:28 pm

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Didn't he run a sweep in for a TD without trying to bowl someone over and fumble this year?
he didnt fumble. that was a well designed canada play. derreck watts block made that play work. expect to see that one again except for watt running it and friermuth making the block. i believe it is the first time i ever remember the steelers having 3 TE's and a FB on the field at the same time. if we had a QB who didnt need a walker, it would be a nice formation for a play action rollout pass.

Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense Te_s10
Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense Te_s_210

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense   Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 1:59 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

he didnt fumble. that was a well designed canada play.

I think Dave was sh!tting on Gimble by suggesting Ebron is better with the ball in his hands on the 1 yard line than Gimble was. The big issue I have with Ebron is the drops, which he seems to have reduced the past few games. The guy does have talent as a big receiver so the Steelers need to use him properly (not as a point of attack blocker in short yardage).

Master_Of_Puppets, effyou515 and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense   Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense Empty

Back to top Go down

Tight end Eric Ebron staying silent about reduced role in Steelers offense
Page 1 of 1