Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
HomeSteelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bays

Bays


Posts : 4842
Join date : 2011-10-27
Location : Mansfield, Ohio

Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons Empty
PostSubject: Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons   Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 8:27 pm

Most — but perhaps not all — of the starters will be in the lineup and taking the field in the Pittsburgh Steelers’ preseason finale Thursday at the Atlanta Falcons.

While Steelers coach Mike Tomlin left himself a qualifier by saying, “By no means am I guaranteeing that everyone plays,” he did expand on how he wanted to see the “first-team” units on offense and defense performe in a game setting.

“The way that we’ve done it in (two prior preseason) games will continue: Those that are healthy are scheduled to play,” Tomlin said during a news conference at UPMC Rooney Sports Complex. “We’ve got an agenda with our units, talking about first unit, second unit, third unit, if you will. There are certain things that we want to see.”

Read More...

I guess If you're gonna box you need to spar.  Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons 2981382511  

I've certainly enjoyed preseason more than usual, particularly the first half.  Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons 1797695198

_________________
"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

IowaSteeler927 and pczach like this post

Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach


Posts : 952
Join date : 2015-04-28
Location : Stunted Growth PA

Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons   Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 9:00 pm

Bays wrote:

Most — but perhaps not all — of the starters will be in the lineup and taking the field in the Pittsburgh Steelers’ preseason finale Thursday at the Atlanta Falcons.

While Steelers coach Mike Tomlin left himself a qualifier by saying, “By no means am I guaranteeing that everyone plays,” he did expand on how he wanted to see the “first-team” units on offense and defense performe in a game setting.

“The way that we’ve done it in (two prior preseason) games will continue: Those that are healthy are scheduled to play,” Tomlin said during a news conference at UPMC Rooney Sports Complex. “We’ve got an agenda with our units, talking about first unit, second unit, third unit, if you will. There are certain things that we want to see.”

Read More...

I guess If you're gonna box you need to spar.  Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons 2981382511  

I've certainly enjoyed preseason more than usual, particularly the first half.  Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons 1797695198



Hey Bagz! Long time to hear. I haven't seen you much since Steelers Fever back in the day. Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons 184121345

It's good to see you here. I've been coming here trying to drum up interest in this message board after the problem with the domain.

Hopefully I am not too much of a dark presence here! Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons 3327560342

_________________
I'm a shell of my former self.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays


Posts : 4842
Join date : 2011-10-27
Location : Mansfield, Ohio

Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons   Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 9:14 pm

pczach wrote:
Bays wrote:

Most — but perhaps not all — of the starters will be in the lineup and taking the field in the Pittsburgh Steelers’ preseason finale Thursday at the Atlanta Falcons.

While Steelers coach Mike Tomlin left himself a qualifier by saying, “By no means am I guaranteeing that everyone plays,” he did expand on how he wanted to see the “first-team” units on offense and defense performe in a game setting.

“The way that we’ve done it in (two prior preseason) games will continue: Those that are healthy are scheduled to play,” Tomlin said during a news conference at UPMC Rooney Sports Complex. “We’ve got an agenda with our units, talking about first unit, second unit, third unit, if you will. There are certain things that we want to see.”

Read More...

I guess If you're gonna box you need to spar.  Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons 2981382511  

I've certainly enjoyed preseason more than usual, particularly the first half.  Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons 1797695198



Hey Bagz! Long time to hear.  I haven't seen you much since Steelers Fever back in the day. Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons 184121345

It's good to see you here. I've been coming here trying to drum up interest in this message board after the problem with the domain.

Hopefully I am not too much of a dark presence here! Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons 3327560342

Good to see you buddy. Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons 230572241

Lifes been busy, but occasionally 'ol Wally will reach out and ask me to step into my bloomers and superhero spandex and save the day (aka fuck things up until something sticks). Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons 3798349058

Hope to be around more often, and more importantly hope to have the domain sorted and maybe interact with some old friends. Appreciate you spreading the word, hope all is well.

_________________
"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

solardave and pczach like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927


Posts : 5070
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : Des Moines, Iowa

Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons   Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 9:44 pm

I like the starters playing more in preseason. Building chemistry and taking a little momentum into the regular season is always a good thing. Especially with our young roster. They need the extra reps.

_________________
Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons PaKS9WC
"Success isn't owned, it's leased and the rent is due every day." - TJ Watt

solardave, Bays and pczach like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2828
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons   Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 10:11 pm

Bagzzzz

Bays likes this post

Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach


Posts : 952
Join date : 2015-04-28
Location : Stunted Growth PA

Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons   Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons EmptyWed Aug 23, 2023 10:52 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I like the starters playing more in preseason. Building chemistry and taking a little momentum into the regular season is always a good thing. Especially with our young roster. They need the extra reps.



I don't have a problem with the starters getting some time in this game. The Tomlin haters are going to complain about it, but they would also complain about that too, because he just can't do anything right with many fans.

With that said, all we can hope for is for everyone to get out of there healthy and be ready to go in the opener.

It's going to be fun watching all the young players continue to improve as they go through the season.

_________________
I'm a shell of my former self.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927


Posts : 5070
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : Des Moines, Iowa

Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons   Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 2:48 am

pczach wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I like the starters playing more in preseason. Building chemistry and taking a little momentum into the regular season is always a good thing. Especially with our young roster. They need the extra reps.



I don't have a problem with the starters getting some time in this game. The Tomlin haters are going to complain about it, but they would also complain about that too, because he just can't do anything right with many fans.

With that said, all we can hope for is for everyone to get out of there healthy and be ready to go in the opener.

It's going to be fun watching all the young players continue to improve as they go through the season.

I'm generally way too much of an optimist to begin with when it comes to this team, but this season genuinely feels like we're building towards something special. I'm really excited by the offense and the defense. It seems like we actually have depth at OLB so if TJ gets banged up again we will actually have guys that can step up and at least hold down the fort while he's gone. We've got a lot of experience at DB and a promising young CB in Joey Porter JR who has Patrick Peterson to learn from. Couldn't really ask for a better situation in that regard.

The offense already looks much more dangerous than it did all of last season, KP looks way more confident and he's making NFL caliber throws. The running game is the biggest question mark for me, a lot of talk about Jaylen Warren being better than Najee and to be quite honest I want to see more from Najee. He has to be better this season, he has to be that first rounder that we drafted to dominate our opponents.

_________________
Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons PaKS9WC
"Success isn't owned, it's leased and the rent is due every day." - TJ Watt

Bays and Stella Nation like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
pczach

pczach


Posts : 952
Join date : 2015-04-28
Location : Stunted Growth PA

Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons   Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 9:48 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
pczach wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I like the starters playing more in preseason. Building chemistry and taking a little momentum into the regular season is always a good thing. Especially with our young roster. They need the extra reps.



I don't have a problem with the starters getting some time in this game. The Tomlin haters are going to complain about it, but they would also complain about that too, because he just can't do anything right with many fans.

With that said, all we can hope for is for everyone to get out of there healthy and be ready to go in the opener.

It's going to be fun watching all the young players continue to improve as they go through the season.

I'm generally way too much of an optimist to begin with when it comes to this team, but this season genuinely feels like we're building towards something special. I'm really excited by the offense and the defense. It seems like we actually have depth at OLB so if TJ gets banged up again we will actually have guys that can step up and at least hold down the fort while he's gone. We've got a lot of experience at DB and a promising young CB in Joey Porter JR who has Patrick Peterson to learn from. Couldn't really ask for a better situation in that regard.

The offense already looks much more dangerous than it did all of last season, KP looks way more confident and he's making NFL caliber throws. The running game is the biggest question mark for me, a lot of talk about Jaylen Warren being better than Najee and to be quite honest I want to see more from Najee. He has to be better this season, he has to be that first rounder that we drafted to dominate our opponents.



I agree with pretty much everything you said. You could see that Pickett has more freedom and is using the entire field and attacking defenses. We need to see him when defenses are scheming him and he's getting more exotic looks from the defenses, but he is already showing great recognition of coverages.

I'm really pumped for this season, and this roster is set up for the foreseeable future. They are going to be contending for several years with this group. We will see about Najee this season. I hope he is completely healthy for once. This is a big year for him. If he doesn't get a little more explosive and effective I think they need to look at working Warren in more.

_________________
I'm a shell of my former self.

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons   Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Steelers again will play (most) starters in preseason finale at Falcons
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» For some Steelers, a meaningful preseason finale vs. Panthers
» 5 things to watch in Steelers’ preseason finale vs. Panthers
» Preseason Game 2: Atlanta Falcons at Pittsburgh Steelers
» Steelers-Falcons Game Day thread (preseason Week 3)
» Legursky to start Steelers' preseason finale, season opener at right guard

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: