Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
HomeJaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 Jaylen Warren named starting RB

Go down 
+4
LambertWardSteel
solardave
SteelerFreak58
Shalieve5090
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LambertWardSteel




Posts : 1643
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 20, 2023 11:26 pm

What they don't mention is he only has 35 carries since week 9



_________________
Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 $_35
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2816
Join date : 2011-04-08

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 12:18 am

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
2010 - 1st markice pouncy
2011 - 2nd marcus gilbert
2012 - 1st david decastro

this is what you need to do to build an offense line. the problem is the steelers wait to long to find suitable replacements for aging vets. pouncy was showing a drop off in play 3 years before his retirement. you cant replace pro bowlers like pouncy and decastro with 3rd and 4th round picks and expect the same level of performance you were accustomed to having. i'm not saying you cant find a gem in later rounds, i'm just saying you cant expect it. the odds of getting a plug and play starter for 10 years decreases with the round.

* fun fact.
james daniel was the 3rd center selected in the 2018 draft by the bears in the 2nd round pick #39.
mason cole was the 4th center selected in the 3rd round with comp pick #97

You're right as usual but it's even worse because of the square peg round hole mentality that Tomlin brings to the table. Also piss poor talent evaluation of our #1 picks. I'm sure Art II is signing off with Omar and probably Colbert before him. Just like they're silently supporting Canada by NOT FIRING HIM.  

Tomlin got here in 07.
Timmons
Mendenhall
Evander Hood Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 2744185472
Pouncey
Cam
DeCastro
Jarvis Jones  Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 2744185472
Shazier
DuPree
Burns (fine example of a reach)
TJ  Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 1647293567
Edmunds (another reach but no where near as bad as Burns)actually became a reliable starter for us.
Bush
Minkah  Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 1647293567
Harris
KP

At least half of these picks are questionable. Factor in mediocre coaching and you have the team we are now watching.



Because Khan showed he can wheel and deal I think he should stay but it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit after this miserable season ends if Tomlin on down goes. I defended Danny Smith but there seems to be a drop off on STs this year too. I don't understand kicking off dropping the ball inside the 5.Especially when we're facing a returner who is dangerous. Kick the damn thing into the endzone and let your defense do their job.

the only picks out of these that was on my wish list pre draft were
Timmons
DeCastro
Jones
Tj Watt.

yep...i wanted jarvis jones ...i liked his game film  more than i disliked his combine.. Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 1505004552

the picks i hated immediately
hood
dupree
burns
edwards
harris

the rest i was neutral on although i didnt like giving up so much for bush

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927


Posts : 5065
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : Des Moines, Iowa

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 1:42 am

Jaylen Warren: 9 Carries, 129yds, 1 TD. 3 Rec, 16yds, 0 TDs.

Najee Harris: 12 Carries, 35yds, 0 TDs. 1 Rec, 1yd, 0 TDs.

Jaylen Warren is allegedly the "starter". What a joke, this dude is so much better than Najee and it's been painfully obvious all season long. Warren has better field vision, he finds the holes, follows his blockers, and gets North/South with purpose. He punishes defenders with physicality and breaks tackles to make positives out of potential negatives. He can hit the home run and did it in a big way in Sunday's game. Meanwhile you have Najee who can't even break a 3.0ypc and has a quarter of the yardage production despite having three more carries than Warren. For some inexplicable reason the geniuses on our coaching staff go away from the only productive offensive player in the game at the most crucial point of the game and instead put the ball in the hands of Kenny Pickett and then set their opponent up with the ball and the most time left possible because they didn't even attempt a single run on what turned out to be our final possession of the game. I still stand by my opinion that Najee Harris = Trent Richardson 2.0 he's like a carbon copy of that guy. No field vision, constantly trying to be something he's not by dancing around and trying to get to the edge all the time when he should be getting North/South and following his blocks. I am not at all impressed with Najee, this is a guy that benefitted in college from playing behind an elite offensive line against lesser opponents and the holes he had to run through were wide enough to drive a semi through on a consistent basis. This isn't college, it's the NFL, you have to be able to see those small gaps and put it in 2nd Gear. Najee is trying to be Le'Veon Bell when he's built more closely to a guy like Derrick Henry. It's ridiculous. Absolute waste of a 1st Round pick. The Steelers could've and should've drafted Creed Humphrey and I'll die on that hill saying that. Send Najee to the XFL where he belongs.

This is some bush league bullshit. I'm not absolving anyone of blame here. Tomlin is stupid for letting shit like this happen. Canada is an absolute joke of an Offensive Coordinator. He manages to make Brian Ferentz (the OC of my Hawkeyes) look like Bill Walsh. Then you have Kenny Pickett who seems to be getting worse and worse every week. Can't hit the broadside of a barn in the passing game, can't even complete the most mundane and routine throws that any average NFL QB would easily make. Looks like a high school player that suddenly got thrown into the NFL. Coaching decisions all around that are mind bogglingly stupid like giving Najee more carries than Warren...

I can't stand this team right now and I'm sick of the lame ass excuses coming from Tomlin. Guys like Pickens and Johnson are becoming visibly and openly frustrated with how the offense is being run. Pickens could stand to learn a lesson in maturity, sure, but I'm also starting to see that the frustration might be more than just Pickens being a diva at the same time. I feel as though Tomlin is starting to lose his locker room. He needs to man up, put his foot down, give Canada his walking papers, and start evaluating which QB he's going to play for the rest of this season because Kenny Pickett isn't the guy and this team isn't going to make the playoffs or do anything in the playoff even if they do with the putrid offense they are putting out on the field every week. Stop torturing your fans with this visual garbage week after week and at least try to do something to change it instead of doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Stop being a cheerleader and friend to your players ahead of being their coach.

End rant. Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 2913999526

_________________
Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 PaKS9WC
"Success isn't owned, it's leased and the rent is due every day." - TJ Watt

vasteeler, solardave, Stella Nation and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave


Posts : 6247
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 4:39 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Jaylen Warren: 9 Carries, 129yds, 1 TD. 3 Rec, 16yds, 0 TDs.

Najee Harris: 12 Carries, 35yds, 0 TDs. 1 Rec, 1yd, 0 TDs.

Jaylen Warren is allegedly the "starter". What a joke, this dude is so much better than Najee and it's been painfully obvious all season long. Warren has better field vision, he finds the holes, follows his blockers, and gets North/South with purpose. He punishes defenders with physicality and breaks tackles to make positives out of potential negatives. He can hit the home run and did it in a big way in Sunday's game. Meanwhile you have Najee who can't even break a 3.0ypc and has a quarter of the yardage production despite having three more carries than Warren. For some inexplicable reason the geniuses on our coaching staff go away from the only productive offensive player in the game at the most crucial point of the game and instead put the ball in the hands of Kenny Pickett and then set their opponent up with the ball and the most time left possible because they didn't even attempt a single run on what turned out to be our final possession of the game. I still stand by my opinion that Najee Harris = Trent Richardson 2.0 he's like a carbon copy of that guy. No field vision, constantly trying to be something he's not by dancing around and trying to get to the edge all the time when he should be getting North/South and following his blocks. I am not at all impressed with Najee, this is a guy that benefitted in college from playing behind an elite offensive line against lesser opponents and the holes he had to run through were wide enough to drive a semi through on a consistent basis. This isn't college, it's the NFL, you have to be able to see those small gaps and put it in 2nd Gear. Najee is trying to be Le'Veon Bell when he's built more closely to a guy like Derrick Henry. It's ridiculous. Absolute waste of a 1st Round pick. The Steelers could've and should've drafted Creed Humphrey and I'll die on that hill saying that. Send Najee to the XFL where he belongs.

This is some bush league bullshit. I'm not absolving anyone of blame here. Tomlin is stupid for letting shit like this happen. Canada is an absolute joke of an Offensive Coordinator. He manages to make Brian Ferentz (the OC of my Hawkeyes) look like Bill Walsh. Then you have Kenny Pickett who seems to be getting worse and worse every week. Can't hit the broadside of a barn in the passing game, can't even complete the most mundane and routine throws that any average NFL QB would easily make. Looks like a high school player that suddenly got thrown into the NFL. Coaching decisions all around that are mind bogglingly stupid like giving Najee more carries than Warren...

I can't stand this team right now and I'm sick of the lame ass excuses coming from Tomlin. Guys like Pickens and Johnson are becoming visibly and openly frustrated with how the offense is being run. Pickens could stand to learn a lesson in maturity, sure, but I'm also starting to see that the frustration might be more than just Pickens being a diva at the same time. I feel as though Tomlin is starting to lose his locker room. He needs to man up, put his foot down, give Canada his walking papers, and start evaluating which QB he's going to play for the rest of this season because Kenny Pickett isn't the guy and this team isn't going to make the playoffs or do anything in the playoff even if they do with the putrid offense they are putting out on the field every week. Stop torturing your fans with this visual garbage week after week and at least try to do something to change it instead of doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Stop being a cheerleader and friend to your players ahead of being their coach.

End rant. Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 2913999526

Don't sugar coat it man,say what you really think. Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 1549491426
Seriously in regard to Najee I don't have anything against him personally. I'm sure since we haven't seen or heard a thing about him not being a team player but...the NFL is a business and the Steelers are a product and right now this team looks like it was made in china.
I think the same thing about Tomlin. I think it's more than a case of guys being tired of Canada's Idiocrisy. I think they're tired of Tomlin's baffle em' with bullshit mentality.

IowaSteeler927, Stella Nation and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel




Posts : 1643
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 7:10 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
What they don't mention is he only has 35 carries since week 9



To expand on this a little; Warren has rushed at 9.1 average the past 3 games. Even if you subtract the 74 yd run on Sunday, he still has a 7.1 average in those 3 games.

_________________
Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 $_35
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2816
Join date : 2011-04-08

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 9:14 pm

i just wanna know why Warren isn't getting 70-75 % of the carries ? he does everything najee does, just better. 3rd and 1...i'm giving it to Warren. i dont think najee is useless like benny snell, i just think Warren offers more. a lot more be it as a receiver, running between the tackles, or running outside.

Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel




Posts : 1643
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 11:30 pm

It's impossible to know the answer, but the way he was running I really think had they got the ball to him 1-2 times on the final drive they win the game.

_________________
Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 $_35

solardave, Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2816
Join date : 2011-04-08

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 21, 2023 11:37 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
It's impossible to know the answer, but the way he was running I really think had they got the ball to him 1-2 times on the final drive they win the game.

whaaaa...and leave cleveland less time on the clock ? are you insane ? Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 2672159185

solardave, Stella Nation, LambertWardSteel and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel




Posts : 1643
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 23, 2023 12:02 am

He has a really great attitude too....



_________________
Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 $_35

solardave, Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave


Posts : 6247
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 23, 2023 9:03 am

I had an online discussion about Najee vs Jaylen with a guy defending Najee. He said Najee being the bigger back can wear down defenses for Jaylen to be able to run.
I said it's hard to wear down defenses that are dropping you behind the line of scrimmage. However it seems to me trying to catch Jaylen in the open field can make you damn tired. Common sense.Something this world can use right now.

Master_Of_Puppets and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel




Posts : 1643
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2023 1:41 pm

Good article about him at Post Gazette today. Some highlights of the article are his mom made him sit out state championship game in high school because his grades weren't where she wanted. He rushed for more than 3000 yards as a high school senior. The article says he is a 'long lost cousin' on his dad's side of Willie Parker, but doesn't go into anymore detail than that.

Some more stats on him from the article:

Quote :
And the metrics match the anecdotal evidence. Of the 50 running backs with at least 50 carries this season, Warren leads the NFL in yards per carry (6.2), runs of 10-plus yards per carry, missed tackles forced per carry and yards after contact per carry, according to Pro Football Focus tracking.

Unassuming star: How Jaylen Warren went from pudgy kid to Steelers fan favorite

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2023/11/24/jaylen-warren-pittsburgh-fantasy-football-najee-pickett-tomlin-matt-canada/stories/202311220149

_________________
Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 $_35

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2816
Join date : 2011-04-08

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2023 6:11 pm

solardave wrote:
I had an online discussion about Najee vs Jaylen with a guy defending Najee. He said Najee being the bigger back can wear down defenses for Jaylen to be able to run.
I said it's hard to wear down defenses that are dropping you behind the line of scrimmage. However it seems to me trying to catch Jaylen in the open field can make you damn tired. Common sense.Something this world can use right now.
Najee needs to come to terms with his limited skill set. the coaches need to tell him he is a north/south downhill runner only. for some reason he thinks he has shifty and quickness in his toolbox. Warren on the other hand has all the tools in his box. the dude is a bowling ball at 5'8" 215lbs. he has the compact mass to punish going north to south, and the speed and quick feet to take it outside.

i think this is a good analogy of najee/warren comparison.
Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Ngcb3

a 115 grain 9mm can deliver the same energy as a 230 grain .45 acp
it is a superior cartridge in every way. 1150 fps to the 850 fps .45 acp
it has a flatter trajectory
deeper penetration
less recoil
greater magazine capacity.
quicker follow up shots
cheaper to shoot
more ammunition options.

so why do people still buy the .45 acp ? nostalgia mostly. the 1911 is an American classic. i own one myself. but if i'm heading to a gun fight, i'm taking one of my 9's.
steeler fans want najee to remind them of better days gone by. the days of jerome bettis and franco. they want that big , blue collar, power back. personally i think warrens running style reminds me more of bettis than najee does. najee is trying to be leveon bell but lacks to quickness and the blockers to reproduce it.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1


Posts : 918
Join date : 2011-04-20
Location : Potatoho

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 25, 2023 10:44 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
I had an online discussion about Najee vs Jaylen with a guy defending Najee. He said Najee being the bigger back can wear down defenses for Jaylen to be able to run.
I said it's hard to wear down defenses that are dropping you behind the line of scrimmage. However it seems to me trying to catch Jaylen in the open field can make you damn tired. Common sense.Something this world can use right now.
Najee needs to come to terms with his limited skill set. the coaches need to tell him he is a north/south downhill runner only. for some reason he thinks he has shifty and quickness in his toolbox. Warren on the other hand has all the tools in his box. the dude is a bowling ball at 5'8" 215lbs. he has the compact mass to punish going north to south, and the speed and quick feet to take it outside.

i think this is a good analogy of najee/warren comparison.
Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Ngcb3

a 115 grain 9mm can deliver the same energy as a 230 grain .45 acp
it is a superior cartridge in every way. 1150 fps to the 850 fps .45 acp
it has a flatter trajectory
deeper penetration
less recoil
greater magazine capacity.
quicker follow up shots
cheaper to shoot
more ammunition options.

so why do people still buy the .45 acp ? nostalgia mostly. the 1911 is an American classic. i own one myself. but if i'm heading to a gun fight, i'm taking one of my 9's.
steeler fans want najee to remind them of better days gone by. the days of jerome bettis and franco. they want that big , blue collar, power back. personally i think  warrens running style reminds me more of bettis than najee does. najee is trying to be leveon bell but lacks to quickness and the blockers to reproduce it.

I'll stick with my .10mm Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 2981382511

_________________
Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Image

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Master_Of_Puppets and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2816
Join date : 2011-04-08

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 25, 2023 8:27 pm

Mach1 wrote:


I'll stick with my .10mm Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 2981382511

i almost bought a Sig 220 legion in 10mm , then i reminded myself i dont live in Griz country. Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 2087824411 although a guy i used to work with a while back did bag a 606 lb black bear. i'm pretty confident my 357 python is up to the task of any threats around here. i keep a box of buffalo bore 180 grain hard cast just in case a big job shows up. if i didnt already have the 357 i would have gotten a 10mm.
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1


Posts : 918
Join date : 2011-04-20
Location : Potatoho

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 25, 2023 9:55 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Mach1 wrote:


I'll stick with my .10mm Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 2981382511

i almost bought a Sig 220 legion in 10mm , then i reminded myself i dont live in Griz country. Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 2087824411 although a guy i used to work with a while back did bag a 606 lb black bear. i'm pretty confident my 357 python is up to the task of any threats around here. i keep a box of buffalo bore 180 grain hard cast just in case a big job shows up. if i didnt already have the 357 i would have gotten a 10mm.

I have a bunch of full power reloads i did. Can't buy those in the stores, buffalo boar are fairly close tho.
Those light store loads would just piss off a grizzly. lol

_________________
Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Image

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2816
Join date : 2011-04-08

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 25, 2023 11:23 pm

Mach1 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Mach1 wrote:


I'll stick with my .10mm Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 2981382511

i almost bought a Sig 220 legion in 10mm , then i reminded myself i dont live in Griz country. Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 2087824411 although a guy i used to work with a while back did bag a 606 lb black bear. i'm pretty confident my 357 python is up to the task of any threats around here. i keep a box of buffalo bore 180 grain hard cast just in case a big job shows up. if i didnt already have the 357 i would have gotten a 10mm.

I have a bunch of full power reloads i did. Can't buy those in the stores, buffalo boar are fairly close tho.
Those light store loads would just piss off a grizzly. lol
i've always thought about hand loading. im even subscribed to hand loader youtube channel called handloader TV. guess i been a bit skeerd i'd blow a gun up in my face. Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 190127080   if i knew someone personally that hand loaded and would be willing to supervise for a few loading sessions i would have given it a go.
are you a glock fanboy ? you got a glock 20 10mm dont ya ? if i remember right i think i read the glock 20 10mm was the most sold handgun in Alaska.
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1


Posts : 918
Join date : 2011-04-20
Location : Potatoho

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 26, 2023 3:03 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Mach1 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Mach1 wrote:


I'll stick with my .10mm Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 2981382511

i almost bought a Sig 220 legion in 10mm , then i reminded myself i dont live in Griz country. Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 2087824411 although a guy i used to work with a while back did bag a 606 lb black bear. i'm pretty confident my 357 python is up to the task of any threats around here. i keep a box of buffalo bore 180 grain hard cast just in case a big job shows up. if i didnt already have the 357 i would have gotten a 10mm.

I have a bunch of full power reloads i did. Can't buy those in the stores, buffalo boar are fairly close tho.
Those light store loads would just piss off a grizzly. lol
i've always thought about hand loading. im even subscribed to hand loader youtube channel called handloader  TV. guess i been a bit skeerd i'd blow a gun up in my face. Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 190127080   if i knew someone personally that hand loaded and would be willing to supervise for a few loading sessions i would have given it a go.
are you a glock fanboy ? you got a glock 20 10mm dont ya ? if i remember right i think i read the glock 20 10mm was the most sold handgun in Alaska.

Not a glock fan. I have a couple Kimber 1911's in .10mm. With glocks you have to get fully supported chambered barrel or it fucks up your brass, if you plan on reloading for a glock. It leaves a big bulge if you don't.
If you start reloading start at the minimum and work your way up. I test loads 3 rounds at a time, I find what the gun likes and is most accurate with, or it starts flattening out the primers. Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 1797695198 Inspect the brass before reloading for cracks, if it's in question, chuck it.
If you start doing it yourself stay with lighter loads till you feel comfortable enough to start working up loads. Just use common sense and you'll be fine.

_________________
Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Image

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2816
Join date : 2011-04-08

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 26, 2023 7:07 pm

Mach1 wrote:


Not a glock fan. I have a couple Kimber 1911's in .10mm. With glocks you have to get fully supported chambered barrel or it fucks up your brass, if you plan on reloading for a glock. It leaves a big bulge if you don't.
If you start reloading start at the minimum and work your way up. I test loads 3 rounds at a time, I find what the gun likes and is most accurate with, or it starts flattening out the primers. Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 1797695198  Inspect the brass before reloading for cracks, if it's in question, chuck it.
If you start doing it yourself stay with lighter loads till you feel comfortable enough to start working up loads. Just use common sense and you'll be fine.
i just hate the blocky looks of glocks and i own one. Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 1505004552 i was browsing gun broker and saw a used gen 3 model 23 in 40 S&W for auction with no bids and only 23 hours left for $299. so i bid the 299 thinking i wouldn't win and really didnt want a glock (sounds dumb...i know). well i won. Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 1505004552 the gun was listed as used but im 99% sure it was never fired and looked brand new. its damn near the size of a 1911 but weighs a lot less.
i'm a big fan of the 1911 platform. i also scored a nice used browning black label 380 1911 on a gunbroker auction for a great price . another gun i dont have much use for but it looks so cool. its a sweet little shooter. they say it is 80% the size of a normal 1911 but it feels more like 60% the size in your hand. the only 2 options i would buy the 10mm in would be a 1911 style or the sig legion. tangfolio makes an interesting looking 10mm , but for the price they are asking i wouldnt risk it. a company with a mostly obscure rep shouldnt be asking that much for their product. sigs are just as pricey but they have the rep.

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNTHcZfUKn2AmpiDK5XWBDIBRAZmgZRuzkZ7rzt9x5QX_pYgeZnYug-V838D8YSv-asx4&usqp=CAU
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1


Posts : 918
Join date : 2011-04-20
Location : Potatoho

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 11:30 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Mach1 wrote:


Not a glock fan. I have a couple Kimber 1911's in .10mm. With glocks you have to get fully supported chambered barrel or it fucks up your brass, if you plan on reloading for a glock. It leaves a big bulge if you don't.
If you start reloading start at the minimum and work your way up. I test loads 3 rounds at a time, I find what the gun likes and is most accurate with, or it starts flattening out the primers. Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 1797695198  Inspect the brass before reloading for cracks, if it's in question, chuck it.
If you start doing it yourself stay with lighter loads till you feel comfortable enough to start working up loads. Just use common sense and you'll be fine.
i just hate the blocky looks of glocks and i own one. Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 1505004552  i was browsing gun broker and saw a used gen 3 model 23 in 40 S&W for auction with no bids and only 23 hours left for $299.  so i bid the 299  thinking i wouldn't win and really didnt want a glock (sounds dumb...i know). well i won. Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 1505004552  the gun was listed as used but im 99% sure it was never fired and looked brand new. its damn near the size of a 1911 but weighs a lot less.
i'm a big fan of the 1911 platform. i also scored a nice used  browning black label 380 1911 on a gunbroker auction for a great price . another gun i dont have much use for but it looks so cool.  its a sweet  little shooter. they say it is 80% the size of a normal 1911 but it feels more like 60% the size in your hand.  the only 2 options i would buy the 10mm in would be a 1911 style or the sig legion. tangfolio makes an interesting looking 10mm , but for the price they are asking i wouldnt risk it. a company with a mostly obscure rep shouldnt be asking that much for their product. sigs are just as pricey but they have the rep.

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNTHcZfUKn2AmpiDK5XWBDIBRAZmgZRuzkZ7rzt9x5QX_pYgeZnYug-V838D8YSv-asx4&usqp=CAU

I have a smith & Wesson m&p in .40 and .9mm they are smooth shooting guns. They started making them in .10mm, i've been trying to convince myself i need one more .10. Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 1797695198

_________________
Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Image

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2816
Join date : 2011-04-08

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 5:04 pm

Mach1 wrote:


I have a smith & Wesson m&p in .40 and .9mm they are smooth shooting guns. They started making them in .10mm, i've been trying to convince myself i need one more .10. Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 1797695198

oh you absolutely need the M&P 10. what are you gonna do if 12 angry blue haired, non binary liberals show up at your door and you only have a single stack 1911 ? reload ? Shocked you NEED that 15 round magazine capacity. Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 184121345

IowaSteeler927 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1


Posts : 918
Join date : 2011-04-20
Location : Potatoho

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 7:25 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Mach1 wrote:


I have a smith & Wesson m&p in .40 and .9mm they are smooth shooting guns. They started making them in .10mm, i've been trying to convince myself i need one more .10. Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 1797695198

oh you absolutely need the M&P 10. what are you gonna do if 12 angry blue haired, non binary liberals  show up at your door and you only have a single stack 1911 ? reload ? Shocked you NEED that 15 round magazine capacity. Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 184121345

Thats why I have 2 kimber .10's Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 1797695198
If that doesn't work I have an AR chambered in .10 also.

_________________
Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Image

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2816
Join date : 2011-04-08

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 3:06 am

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 405303310_10160009999565868_1665449918827954255_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=c42490&_nc_ohc=MWg3JI1dtIMAX-bwySb&_nc_ht=scontent.fpit1-1

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2816
Join date : 2011-04-08

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 3:13 am

the cardinals are the 3rd worst rushing defense in the NFL. THEY are 2nd worst on points per game.

actually team statistic wise, offense and defense, the steelers and cardinals are pretty evenly matched.

steelers offense
292.9 yds per game
cards
297.5

steelers defense
354.4  yds per game
cards
358.5

steelers sacks
32
cards
32

the difference between 7-4 and 2-10 ?
steelers +11 turn overs
cards -1

solardave and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1


Posts : 918
Join date : 2011-04-20
Location : Potatoho

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 9:22 am

I have a feeling this is one of those tomlin specials.

_________________
Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Image

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules


Posts : 1870
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 9:23 am

I don't see this as a Najee or Jaylen question.  I love being in a position of having 2 really good RBs. Remember the days of "run them until the wheels fall off"? And ultimately the wheels would fall off and we'd be without our talented RB late in the season. The Steelers have 2 guys in a rotation that should allow them to always have a fresh back on the field. Their very different running styles is a contributor to their success as well as it forces the defenders to have to play them differently each time the Steelers rotate backs.

SteelerFreak58 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Warren named starting RB   Jaylen Warren named starting RB - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Jaylen Warren named starting RB
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Steelers' rookie RB Jaylen Warren ruled out from playing against Colts
» Productive in college, rookie RBs Jaylen Warren, Mataeo Durant jockey to stick with Steelers
» Jaylen Samuels
» Jaylen Ramsey to the Rams.
» Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: