Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
HomeSettle for 3's Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 Settle for 3's

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58


Posts : 2701
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Settle for 3's Empty
PostSubject: Settle for 3's   Settle for 3's EmptyMon Dec 04, 2023 11:49 pm

The last 10 years has been easy to sum up Tomlins teams... settling for 3's... mediocrity has been the norm. I for one am tired of it.

Hard to argue the points made by Madden in this article...

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-the-steelers-will-remain-broken-in-plain-sight-thats-the-new-standard/

Mach1 and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1


Posts : 918
Join date : 2011-04-20
Location : Potatoho

Settle for 3's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settle for 3's   Settle for 3's EmptyTue Dec 05, 2023 12:24 am

The truth hurts.

_________________
Settle for 3's Image

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave


Posts : 6247
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Settle for 3's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settle for 3's   Settle for 3's EmptyTue Dec 05, 2023 3:11 am

He hasn't said a thing we didn't know except for the dig on TJ. The fact is if it weren't for non calls for holding against TJ he would have shattered the sack record by now.
I still think Madden is an asshole but he's right about Tomlin's lack of leadership and lousy coaching.

The difference this time is now after Canada being fired Tomlin is exposed.

LambertWardSteel and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58


Posts : 2701
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Settle for 3's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settle for 3's   Settle for 3's EmptyWed Dec 06, 2023 3:37 pm

solardave wrote:
He hasn't said a thing we didn't know except for the dig on TJ. The fact is if it weren't for non calls for holding against TJ he would have shattered the sack record by now.
I still think Madden is an asshole but he's right about Tomlin's lack of leadership and lousy coaching.

The difference this time is now after Canada being fired Tomlin is exposed.

Problem with that is some people will say, "Oh Kenny got hurt and they put Trubisky in."

I expect a full blown collapse the last 4 weeks. They may win 1 or 2 games but I don't expect them to make the playoffs.

I said it earlier this year this team is just not very good. It's undisciplined. The coaching staff is not very good and can't make in game adjustments. The game planning is poor. The offensive line has major issues. The play calling is predictable. I could go on and on...
Back to top Go down
Great Randino




Posts : 2383
Join date : 2018-08-31

Settle for 3's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settle for 3's   Settle for 3's EmptyWed Dec 06, 2023 5:39 pm

I don't care how angry I get at my Steelers, I will never quote an asshole like Mark Madden.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel




Posts : 1643
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Settle for 3's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settle for 3's   Settle for 3's EmptyThu Dec 07, 2023 1:42 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
solardave wrote:
He hasn't said a thing we didn't know except for the dig on TJ. The fact is if it weren't for non calls for holding against TJ he would have shattered the sack record by now.
I still think Madden is an asshole but he's right about Tomlin's lack of leadership and lousy coaching.

The difference this time is now after Canada being fired Tomlin is exposed.

Problem with that is some people will say, "Oh Kenny got hurt and they put Trubisky in."

I expect a full blown collapse the last 4 weeks. They may win 1 or 2 games but I don't expect them to make the playoffs.

I said it earlier this year this team is just not very good. It's undisciplined. The coaching staff is not very good and can't make in game adjustments. The game planning is poor. The offensive line has major issues. The play calling is predictable. I could go on and on...

Some good points made in the article despite the source. I feel like we are reliving the 80s. I had really hoped they'd go on a run during this stretch of 6 games but we're off to a 1-2 start. Even if they do make the playoffs the results are predictable. Cheats fans think all their SBs are legit yet a lot still want a new coach and fresh start. I think we need one too like when Cowher replaced Noll.

_________________
Settle for 3's $_35

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino




Posts : 2383
Join date : 2018-08-31

Settle for 3's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settle for 3's   Settle for 3's EmptyThu Dec 07, 2023 5:48 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
solardave wrote:
He hasn't said a thing we didn't know except for the dig on TJ. The fact is if it weren't for non calls for holding against TJ he would have shattered the sack record by now.
I still think Madden is an asshole but he's right about Tomlin's lack of leadership and lousy coaching.

The difference this time is now after Canada being fired Tomlin is exposed.

Problem with that is some people will say, "Oh Kenny got hurt and they put Trubisky in."

I expect a full blown collapse the last 4 weeks. They may win 1 or 2 games but I don't expect them to make the playoffs.

I said it earlier this year this team is just not very good. It's undisciplined. The coaching staff is not very good and can't make in game adjustments. The game planning is poor. The offensive line has major issues. The play calling is predictable. I could go on and on...

Some good points made in the article despite the source. I feel like we are reliving the 80s. I had really hoped they'd go on a run during this stretch of 6 games but we're off to a 1-2 start. Even if they do make the playoffs the results are predictable. Cheats fans think all their SBs are legit yet a lot still want a new coach and fresh start. I think we need one too like when Cowher replaced Noll.
I begrudgingly agree that he has some valid points. But he is such a Steeler H8r that I just can't support his articles.

Yes, I AM the eternal optimist. To a fault at times, I do confess. I love all my Steelers forum fans, even when you totally call me out and we disagree. We all want the same things - Steelers Relevance again, more Super Bowls!
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58


Posts : 2701
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Settle for 3's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settle for 3's   Settle for 3's EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 5:55 pm

How can you argue against his points? I simply no longer can.

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-mike-tomlin-stands-atop-the-pyramid-for-all-thats-gone-bad-for-steelers/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Settle for 3's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Settle for 3's   Settle for 3's Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Settle for 3's
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Steelers settle lawsuit over foreign-language Terrible Towels

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: