Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
HomeSteelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer

Go down 
+4
Mach1
solardave
IowaSteeler927
Master_Of_Puppets
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2816
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 2:51 am

i'm sold ... Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2893009358 get them damn phones ringing Rooney !!!

Quote :
firing Mike Tomlin resurfaced as a possibility for Pittsburgh Steelers fans, particularly on social media, after the team lost in embarrassing fashion, 24-10, to the Arizona Cardinals in Week 13.

But retired longtime Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reporter Ed Bouchette argued that such a move would be ill-advised considering the popularity Tomlin has nationally. Instead, Bouchette proposed the possibility of trading Tomlin.

Trading coaches in the NFL is unusual but not unheard of. Just last offseason, the New Orleans Saints dealt Super Bowl winning head coach Sean Payton, along with a third-round draft pick, to the Denver Broncos for first- and second-round selections.........

https://heavy.com/sports/pittsburgh-steelers/mike-tomlin-trade-rumors-nfl/


Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2816
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 2:56 am

carolina doesnt have a 1st rd pick this year. but the bears look like they might have 2 top 5 picks and are likely not going to keep their first year coach.
Quote :

There are already two head coach vacancies in the league — the Raiders and Carolina Panthers.

Quote :
But the Washington Commanders are another possibility, Bouchette suggested.

Washington is 4-9 and in last place of the NFC North. Head coach Ron Rivera has yet to register a winning record with the Commanders in four seasons.

In all likelihood, new Commanders owner Josh Harris will move the franchise in a new direction this offseason.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927


Posts : 5065
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : Des Moines, Iowa

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 3:28 am

Rooneys won't fire him (or trade him), I'd be amazed if they did. They love their franchise cheerleader. Mr. Player's Coach. Marvin Lewis 2.0

Dude needs to go. Hasn't done shit since 2009. I appreciate everything he's done but it's been over a decade since we've had any real legitimate success and I am sick and damn tired of watching this shitshow of a team this year. I want Tomlin gone, and I want the toxic, lazy, whiny crybabies like Harris, Johnson, and Pickens gone with him. Players like them only serve to foster a toxic environment with their poor attitudes, entitlement, and their willingness to say stupid things to the media that causes distractions for the team overall. Tomlin is at the root of this for allowing it to go on and failing to call these guys out and hold them accountable when they do these things, and when they are out there on the field taking plays off or giving half-assed efforts.

That game last night was an absolute embarrassment to the franchise. Losing two in a row at home to league bottom dwellers like the Cardinals and Patriots*** is Pitthetic. Bill Belichick owns Mike Tomlin. Absolutely owns him. Even when he's having the worst season of his entire tenure with the Patriots*** he still manages to outcoach and outperform Marvin Lewis JR. The Steelers need a change in culture. They need a tough, blue-collar coach that holds these grown ass men accountable and has a standard that isn't just going slightly above .500 and losing to bottom dwelling teams every season.

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446 Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2625562446

_________________
Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer PaKS9WC
"Success isn't owned, it's leased and the rent is due every day." - TJ Watt

vasteeler and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave


Posts : 6247
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 6:12 am

Watching the last 2 games I'm seeing that Tomlin is being exposed. He doesn't have Canada to blame it on. That situation was his last scapegoat unless he chooses to point at Austin although the argument in his defense would be regarding injuries. Especially at ILB. Some of these  PS guys weren't bagging groceries last week but they played last night like the guys who retrieve carts.
I said I don't believe we'll win any more games this year and I still think that.
I turned it off in the 3rd quarter.
2 things I observed.
The first was a shot of Tomlin on the sideline looking like the poster child of someone LIVING IN HIS FEARS!
The second was Tomlin and Pickens  on the sideline and by their body language they were in the middle of a heated exchange. I understand GPs frustration. Is it an inability to separate? Does he not run crisp enough or wrong routes? Is this the issue or a coaching staff that can't figure out how to make him a weapon?
It's probably a little of all of these, sprinkle in some immaturity and you have what we saw last night.
You want to know who I feel bad for?
Cam..This man deserves a SB.
TJ..being wasted at the top of his game.
GP...I think KR is right. He cares about the team but is immature.
Minkah..comes back from injury to this.
Highsmith...see TJ
Us fans...right now this team looks like something bought at Ikea and they forgot to put the instructions in the box. Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2913999526

vasteeler and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave


Posts : 6247
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 6:17 am

I don't see Tomlin getting fired or traded and as far as a trade it would be a coach at his lowest point so $50 cash and a case of bud light... Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2087824411

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1


Posts : 918
Join date : 2011-04-20
Location : Potatoho

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 9:35 am

solardave wrote:
Watching the last 2 games I'm seeing that Tomlin is being exposed. He doesn't have Canada to blame it on. That situation was his last scapegoat unless he chooses to point at Austin although the argument in his defense would be regarding injuries. Especially at ILB. Some of these  PS guys weren't bagging groceries last week but they played last night like the guys who retrieve carts.
I said I don't believe we'll win any more games this year and I still think that.
I turned it off in the 3rd quarter.
2 things I observed.
The first was a shot of Tomlin on the sideline looking like the poster child of someone LIVING IN HIS FEARS!
The second was Tomlin and Pickens  on the sideline and by their body language they were in the middle of a heated exchange. I understand GPs frustration. Is it an inability to separate? Does he not run crisp enough or wrong routes? Is this the issue or a coaching staff that can't figure out how to make him a weapon?
It's probably a little of all of these, sprinkle in some immaturity and you have what we saw last night.
You want to know who I feel bad for?
Cam..This man deserves a SB.
TJ..being wasted at the top of his game.
GP...I think KR is right. He cares about the team but is immature.
Minkah..comes back from injury to this.
Highsmith...see TJ
Us fans...right now this team looks like something bought at Ikea and they forgot to put the instructions in the box. Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer 2913999526

Last night Tomlin blamed the turnovers. They scored 7 and we didn't do shit with ours. Seems we've heard that song before already this year.

Welcome to the new Browns.

Unfortunately Tomlin isn't going anywhere so expect more of the same. Unprepared, out coached, out played, the same game plan from 6 years ago, unable to make in game adjustments, and the predictable 2-3 game loses to shit teams every year and so on.

Having that built in 2-3 loses every year to cellar dwellers puts the team behind the 8 ball before the season even starts.

_________________
Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Image

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ


Last edited by Mach1 on Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58


Posts : 2701
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 9:44 am

Tomlin isn't going anywhere folks. Might as well get used to it.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel




Posts : 1643
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 12:21 pm

I really liked Bouchette's articles and chats when he was with the Post Gazette. I think this would be a good idea but don't think it will ever happen.

I must be the biggest fool ever because before the past 4 games I really thought they had a chance to put a good run up of wins in their next 6 games. They're 1-3 into that and I don't see much hope against the Colts and Bengals. How does a 7-4 team lose to two 2-10 teams back to back at home in December? The Steelers Bengals game in 2 weeks is likely for last place in the division.

_________________
Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer $_35
Back to top Go down
Great Randino




Posts : 2383
Join date : 2018-08-31

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 12:28 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Tomlin isn't going anywhere folks. Might as well get used to it.
I think he's here as long as he wants to be.

To me, he's a very good coach but with some very distressing habits (like not having his team ready every single game). As a trainer of athletes (wrestling trainer and entrepreneur if you're curious), I would be having a serious sit-down with him as I do my athletes. How to wrestle your best every week (one of the programs I offer my athletes).

So, let's take another tact: Objectively - what does Mike Tomlin need to do to become the top level coach that he aspires to (a level he HAS reached before, also.)

I'm curious about your comments (not just "fire Tomlin" but objectively what can he do).

I have another message I'm posting as well regarding Kenny Pickett.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58


Posts : 2701
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 5:48 pm

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Tomlin isn't going anywhere folks. Might as well get used to it.
I think he's here as long as he wants to be.

To me, he's a very good coach but with some very distressing habits (like not having his team ready every single game).  As a trainer of athletes (wrestling trainer and entrepreneur if you're curious), I would be having a serious sit-down with him as I do my athletes.  How to wrestle your best every week (one of the programs I offer my athletes).

So, let's take another tact:  Objectively - what does Mike Tomlin need to do to become the top level coach that he aspires to (a level he HAS reached before, also.)

I'm curious about your comments (not just "fire Tomlin" but objectively what can he do).

I have another message I'm posting as well regarding Kenny Pickett.

I am not sure that he can turn things around in Pittsburgh. He has too many years here and things have become static.

If I am him and I am objectively looking at the last 10 years I have to see a pattern of lackadaisical approach to games and game planning.

1. Go out and get a proven OC that can put up points let them build an offense to win you games.

2. Target a RT and Center early in the draft move Jones to LT. Let Moore and a Rookie fight it out for RT in camp. We must have a solid Oline before getting another high pick QB or it will ruin them.

3. Pick up 1 FA and draft a mid to late round QB to challenge Pickett and make next year a competition.

4. TRADE DJ and Pickens get some draft picks for them and get hard working no nonsense WRs that are not divas or drama.

5. Begin disciplining lazy or undisciplined play.

6. Bring in proven coaches that get results and stop going cheap or in house for developing coaches.

7. Find some more quality ILB FA or draft.

8. Find Porters bookend for the other side FA or draft.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2816
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 7:06 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
I really liked Bouchette's articles and chats when he was with the Post Gazette. I think this would be a good idea but don't think it will ever happen.

I must be the biggest fool ever because before the past 4 games I really thought they had a chance to put a good run up of wins in their next 6 games. They're 1-3 into that and I don't see much hope against the Colts and Bengals. How does a 7-4 team lose to two 2-10 teams back to back at home in December? The Steelers Bengals game in 2 weeks is likely for last place in the division.
c'mon man..you watched those games. you know as well as i that those 7 wins could have VERY easily been 1 or 2 wins. they were freakin garbage wins. completely reliant on the other team to play even worse than they were. just like the other year when they started out with 11 W's. the opposition stopped beating themselves and the reality that they were actually a shitty team set in.


Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino




Posts : 2383
Join date : 2018-08-31

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 7:08 pm

I can't argue a single point.

Minkhah pointed out the lack of effort in an interview. That speaks volumes. And that's on the coach. You have to Demand a strong work ethic - across the board.

To me, they don't have that Hines Ward type receiver. At least if they do, he's not in the top 2. Your point about DJ and Pickens is valid. Especially DJ in my opinion. That's not what Steeler receivers are supposed to be about. Hines set THE standard. He was just as happy lighting an opponent up on a block as he was making a great catch (which he did plenty of).

Guys like Minkah, Cam Hayward, TJ, Najee, and yes, Pickett - those guys are core guys that bust their asses every day. We need an entire team of them and get rid of those who won't fall in line.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2816
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 7:53 pm

if tomlin is a good coach then why has every year for about the last decade feel like a rebuilding year ? when is the last time you felt like they were 1 or 2 players away from a SB?
Tomlin took over a team with a hall of fame QB and a great Defensive coordinator. without those 2 people he would have NEVER sniffed a Superbowl. as the talent cowher assembled disappeared so did the culture and identity the steelers had since the 70's. the FO also isnt blameless. they dont want to pay for assistant coaches. they also need to scrutinize draft prospects more thoroughly . these divas show you who they are in college. if you see these fuckin morons looking for camera after every play they make , stay the fuck away from them. on day 1 of rookie camp you lay down the rules of conduct and remind them often.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1


Posts : 918
Join date : 2011-04-20
Location : Potatoho

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 9:37 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
if tomlin is a good coach then why has every year for about the last decade feel like a rebuilding year ? when is the last time you felt like they were 1 or 2 players away from a SB?
Tomlin took over a team with a hall of fame QB and a great Defensive coordinator. without those 2 people he would have NEVER sniffed a Superbowl. as the talent cowher assembled disappeared so did the culture and identity the steelers had since the 70's. the FO also isnt blameless. they dont want to pay for assistant coaches. they also need to scrutinize draft prospects more thoroughly . these divas show you who they are in college. if you see these fuckin morons looking for camera after every play they make , stay the fuck away from them. on day 1 of rookie camp you lay down the rules of conduct and remind them often.

All the leadership retired and this is what you end up with. Bettis, Polamalu, Heinz, Keisel, Harrison just to name a few would have bitched slapped these guys.

_________________
Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Image

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

vasteeler, Master_Of_Puppets, solardave and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2816
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 9:48 pm

Mach1 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
if tomlin is a good coach then why has every year for about the last decade feel like a rebuilding year ? when is the last time you felt like they were 1 or 2 players away from a SB?
Tomlin took over a team with a hall of fame QB and a great Defensive coordinator. without those 2 people he would have NEVER sniffed a Superbowl. as the talent cowher assembled disappeared so did the culture and identity the steelers had since the 70's. the FO also isnt blameless. they dont want to pay for assistant coaches. they also need to scrutinize draft prospects more thoroughly . these divas show you who they are in college. if you see these fuckin morons looking for camera after every play they make , stay the fuck away from them. on day 1 of rookie camp you lay down the rules of conduct and remind them often.

All the leadership retired and this is what you end up with. Bettis, Polamalu, Heinz, Keisel, Harrison just to name a few would have bitched slapped these guys.
exactly. this team is a rudderless ship.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino




Posts : 2383
Join date : 2018-08-31

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 11:30 pm

Deny all you want but Tomlin took Cowher's 8-8 team and won a Super Bowl with them.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2816
Join date : 2011-04-08

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 1:39 am

Cowher mailed it in for 2006. he already had a foot out the door. it was obvious when 90% less spit was coming out of his mouth. not to mention his young QB almost died and missed almost all of the summer / preseason activities, had an emergency appendectomy , and had his brain scrambled in week 7. Ben threw more INTs than TDs in 2006.
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1


Posts : 918
Join date : 2011-04-20
Location : Potatoho

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 2:39 am

There may as well been a Cowher cardboard cutout of him his last year. He was done.

_________________
Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Image

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1


Posts : 918
Join date : 2011-04-20
Location : Potatoho

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 2:40 am

Great Randino wrote:
Deny all you want but Tomlin took Cowher's 8-8 team and won a Super Bowl with them.

With Cowhers players.


:edit:

Has tomlin taken any accountability for this garbage? Or is he busy blaming players and execution? Just saying.

_________________
Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Image

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave


Posts : 6247
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 6:14 am

Great Randino wrote:
Deny all you want but Tomlin took Cowher's 8-8 team and won a Super Bowl with them.

16 years ago.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58


Posts : 2701
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 1:07 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Deny all you want but Tomlin took Cowher's 8-8 team and won a Super Bowl with them.

I will give you that. I will even give you the loss in the 2010 SB to the Packers. He helped get them there.

However, what has he done since 2010? 13 years and what 3 play off victories? Multiple times without getting in to the playoffs.

2011 Loss wildcard to Denver
2012 no playoffs
2013 no playoffs
2014 Loss Wildcard to Baltimore
2015 Win wildcard Cincinnati loss divisional to Denver
2016 Win wildcard Miami Win divisional Kansas City Loss Conference to Patriots***
2017 Loss Division Jacksonville
2018 no playoffs
2019 no plaoffs
2020 Loss Wildcard Browns
2021 Loss Wildcard Kansas City
2022 no playoffs
2023 projecting no playoffs after another phenomenal collapse against terrible teams

So in the last 13 years summing this up

3  playoff wins

7 playoff losses

5 times (possibly now 6 times) we didn't even make it to the playoffs

So if you hold the organization to the standard that 1 playoff win a year is a successful season and something positive because getting to the SB yearly is not realistic. Then you end up with these numbers...

2 successful seasons out of 13

2 for 13 is not a quality team in any measurement

These numbers are fine if you are a Browns or Bengals fan. We are talking about the Pittsburgh Steelers here. These numbers the last 13 years are just pathetic.

Tomlin is a good coach. He inspires players but his ability to win when it matters most the last 13 years and put together a quality program with players you can get behind and root for has been abysmal.

His coaching here has become stale and lackluster. Minka the other day blew the lid off of it and said players are not giving 100% and not holding themselves accountable. That comes down to the coaches all the way from the top down.

Tomlin has simply reaped what he has sewn. This is his team. Tomlin/Colbert/Khan drafted these players or brought them in through FA. They knew Picketts ceiling... they knew Pickens off field maturity issues, they knew DJ has been a diva...

They have known this offense has struggled for the last 4 years putting up points and have consistently been ok with it. They are ok with throwing 3 to 5 yards behind the LOS for 1 yard gains... trick plays that lose yards... flea flickers for 7 yard losses...

Tomlin has consistently drafted terrible the last 13 years. If you look at his win versus bust rate it's laughable for a team that is talked about that supposedly "builds through the draft"... Artie Burns, Jarvis Jones...Kendrick Green... I could list so many more...

EVERYTHING THAT IS THIS CURRENT VERSION OF THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS FALLS SQUARLY ON TOMLINS SHOULDERS. There simply is no more defending him if you have watched what he has done over the last 13 years.

Once again Mike Tomlin simply is reaping what he has sewn and the results shouldn't be shocking to anyone who can stand back and look at what he has done over the last 13 years.

Mach1, Stella Nation and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel




Posts : 1643
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 1:36 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
I really liked Bouchette's articles and chats when he was with the Post Gazette. I think this would be a good idea but don't think it will ever happen.

I must be the biggest fool ever because before the past 4 games I really thought they had a chance to put a good run up of wins in their next 6 games. They're 1-3 into that and I don't see much hope against the Colts and Bengals. How does a 7-4 team lose to two 2-10 teams back to back at home in December? The Steelers Bengals game in 2 weeks is likely for last place in the division.
c'mon man..you watched those games. you know as well as i that those 7 wins could have VERY easily been 1 or 2 wins. they were freakin garbage wins. completely reliant on the other team to play even worse than they were. just like the other year when they started out with 11 W's. the opposition stopped beating themselves and the reality that they were actually a shitty team set in.

As I said, I had it figured wrong. I saw the 3 games with back ups, the 2 win Cards and Pats*. I thought we could get some wins, but it was wishful thinking. Starkey wrote an article after the Cardinals game saying people were so surprised at the loss. He made the point that the Steelers had some lucky wins, the Cards had some unlucky losses, and really if you figure that both teams were equal. So I get what you're saying about garbage wins.

There is a "trickle up" effect here and Rooney has to hold Tomlin more accountable on a lot of things including these hirings. At some point the owner has to tighten his grip. I think Cowher had 7-8 coordinators become head coaches and Tomlin zero. These WRs causing trouble game after game needs to be dealt with. Maybe they should sit for a game or 2 so they can see what their stat lines look like then. Every coach has some games they should win and don't but it's become the norm with Tomlin. The 3 consecutive 40 point playoff losses would have had most coaches fired.

I just think it is time for a fresh start. If we get to that point with a 4x SB winning coach then certainly we can reach that point with Tomlin. I don't have a lot of faith in Rooney on a next hire and I really think a next hire is going to be political

_________________
Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer $_35

Master_Of_Puppets and Stella Nation like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel




Posts : 1643
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 1:39 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Deny all you want but Tomlin took Cowher's 8-8 team and won a Super Bowl with them.

I will give you that. I will even give you the loss in the 2010 SB to the Packers. He helped get them there.

However, what has he done since 2010? 13 years and what 3 play off victories? Multiple times without getting in to the playoffs.

2011 Loss wildcard to Denver
2012 no playoffs
2013 no playoffs
2014 Loss Wildcard to Baltimore
2015 Win wildcard Cincinnati loss divisional to Denver
2016 Win wildcard Miami Win divisional Kansas City Loss Conference to Patriots****
2017 Loss Division Jacksonville
2018 no playoffs
2019 no plaoffs
2020 Loss Wildcard Browns
2021 Loss Wildcard Kansas City
2022 no playoffs
2023 projecting no playoffs after another phenomenal collapse against terrible teams

So in the last 13 years summing this up

3  playoff wins

7 playoff losses

5 times (possibly now 6 times) we didn't even make it to the playoffs

So if you hold the organization to the standard that 1 playoff win a year is a successful season and something positive because getting to the SB yearly is not realistic. Then you end up with these numbers...

2 successful seasons out of 13

2 for 13 is not a quality team in any measurement

These numbers are fine if you are a Browns or Bengals fan. We are talking about the Pittsburgh Steelers here. These numbers the last 13 years are just pathetic.

Tomlin is a good coach. He inspires players but his ability to win when it matters most the last 13 years and put together a quality program with players you can get behind and root for has been abysmal.

His coaching here has become stale and lackluster. Minka the other day blew the lid off of it and said players are not giving 100% and not holding themselves accountable. That comes down to the coaches all the way from the top down.

Tomlin has simply reaped what he has sewn. This is his team. Tomlin/Colbert/Khan drafted these players or brought them in through FA. They knew Picketts ceiling... they knew Pickens off field maturity issues, they knew DJ has been a diva...

They have known this offense has struggled for the last 4 years putting up points and have consistently been ok with it. They are ok with throwing 3 to 5 yards behind the LOS for 1 yard gains... trick plays that lose yards... flea flickers for 7 yard losses...

Tomlin has consistently drafted terrible the last 13 years. If you look at his win versus bust rate it's laughable for a team that is talked about that supposedly "builds through the draft"... Artie Burns, Jarvis Jones...Kendrick Green... I could list so many more...

EVERYTHING THAT IS THIS CURRENT VERSION OF THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS FALLS SQUARLY ON TOMLINS SHOULDERS. There simply is no more defending him if you have watched what he has done over the last 13 years.

Once again Mike Tomlin simply is reaping what he has sewn and the results shouldn't be shocking to anyone who can stand back and look at what he has done over the last 13 years.

We lived thru all this so no surprises, but it's sickening when you look at that 13 year stretch



_________________
Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer $_35
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58


Posts : 2701
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 1:44 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Deny all you want but Tomlin took Cowher's 8-8 team and won a Super Bowl with them.

I will give you that. I will even give you the loss in the 2010 SB to the Packers. He helped get them there.

However, what has he done since 2010? 13 years and what 3 play off victories? Multiple times without getting in to the playoffs.

2011 Loss wildcard to Denver
2012 no playoffs
2013 no playoffs
2014 Loss Wildcard to Baltimore
2015 Win wildcard Cincinnati loss divisional to Denver
2016 Win wildcard Miami Win divisional Kansas City Loss Conference to Patriots*****
2017 Loss Division Jacksonville
2018 no playoffs
2019 no plaoffs
2020 Loss Wildcard Browns
2021 Loss Wildcard Kansas City
2022 no playoffs
2023 projecting no playoffs after another phenomenal collapse against terrible teams

So in the last 13 years summing this up

3  playoff wins

7 playoff losses

5 times (possibly now 6 times) we didn't even make it to the playoffs

So if you hold the organization to the standard that 1 playoff win a year is a successful season and something positive because getting to the SB yearly is not realistic. Then you end up with these numbers...

2 successful seasons out of 13

2 for 13 is not a quality team in any measurement

These numbers are fine if you are a Browns or Bengals fan. We are talking about the Pittsburgh Steelers here. These numbers the last 13 years are just pathetic.

Tomlin is a good coach. He inspires players but his ability to win when it matters most the last 13 years and put together a quality program with players you can get behind and root for has been abysmal.

His coaching here has become stale and lackluster. Minka the other day blew the lid off of it and said players are not giving 100% and not holding themselves accountable. That comes down to the coaches all the way from the top down.

Tomlin has simply reaped what he has sewn. This is his team. Tomlin/Colbert/Khan drafted these players or brought them in through FA. They knew Picketts ceiling... they knew Pickens off field maturity issues, they knew DJ has been a diva...

They have known this offense has struggled for the last 4 years putting up points and have consistently been ok with it. They are ok with throwing 3 to 5 yards behind the LOS for 1 yard gains... trick plays that lose yards... flea flickers for 7 yard losses...

Tomlin has consistently drafted terrible the last 13 years. If you look at his win versus bust rate it's laughable for a team that is talked about that supposedly "builds through the draft"... Artie Burns, Jarvis Jones...Kendrick Green... I could list so many more...

EVERYTHING THAT IS THIS CURRENT VERSION OF THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS FALLS SQUARLY ON TOMLINS SHOULDERS. There simply is no more defending him if you have watched what he has done over the last 13 years.

Once again Mike Tomlin simply is reaping what he has sewn and the results shouldn't be shocking to anyone who can stand back and look at what he has done over the last 13 years.

We lived thru all this so no surprises, but it's sickening when you look at that 13 year stretch




The Data and Statistics don't lie... it breaks my heart posting those numbers. Every year I hope things will change...

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel




Posts : 1643
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 1:52 pm

You and me both. Good post

_________________
Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer $_35
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer   Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Steelers Have Unusual Option Available to Move on From Mike Tomlin, Says Writer
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Unusual move in NFL draft lands a hard-hitting safety for the Steelers
» PFT Founder Mike Florio's Character Assassination of Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin is Out of Line
» On the Steelers: Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin unsatisfied, unhappy with RBs
» Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help
» Conference Call: Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: