Steelers Xtreme Forum


 
HomeCam Sutton is back Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

 

 Cam Sutton is back

Go down 
+2
SteelerFreak58
Great Randino
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Great Randino




Posts : 2387
Join date : 2018-08-31

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptyWed Jun 05, 2024 12:35 pm

https://www.steelers.com/news/sutton-signed-to-one-year-contract
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58


Posts : 2705
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptyWed Jun 05, 2024 1:15 pm

Let the redemption storyline begin!

I hope he plays lights out and helps us win a SB. With him playing opposite Porter or in the slot we have gotten instantly better for a really cheap price.

Fuck it sometimes you got to choke a bitch! Cam Sutton is back 3562723908

They kept Big Ben around after the rape charges... why not a little choke never killed anyone right?Cam Sutton is back 3562723908
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2828
Join date : 2011-04-08

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptyWed Jun 05, 2024 4:35 pm

i believe Cam is more suited for the slot.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino




Posts : 2387
Join date : 2018-08-31

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptyWed Jun 05, 2024 5:32 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i believe Cam is more suited for the slot.
I'm sure he can choke down some of those receivers.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave


Posts : 6254
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptyThu Jun 06, 2024 2:08 am

I didn't think we needed him back but what do I know?
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation


Posts : 1516
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptyThu Jun 06, 2024 2:55 am

Not happy with this. I know we still needed a slot CB, but he's a piece of shit and I want as less distractions as possible for this team and that's exactly what he is.
Besides that, he played really bad last year so he might not even be worth it. He got burned all the time and was the weak link in Detroit's D.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927


Posts : 5070
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : Des Moines, Iowa

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptyThu Jun 06, 2024 3:29 am

I mean on one hand the guy hasn't been convicted of anything, the DA was amended to a Misdemeanor from the original Felony charge, and you're innocent until proven guilty. So maybe the guy deserves a chance, I have to believe the Steelers wouldn't of signed him if there was anything expected to come of his legal situation.

On the other, I really don't like dudes that put their hands on women in that way. It is strange to me how the NFL is seemingly so soft on these guys who get accused and convicted of these kinds of charges and yet they come down ridiculously hard on a guy like Calvin Ridley for gambling...

I mean I hope he's learned from this incident and it's not as serious as everyone thought initially and that he turns his life around and puts this in his rearview, but if he actually strangled his girlfriend/wife or whoever, that's not cool and he should have to pay a steep penalty for his actions.

_________________
Cam Sutton is back PaKS9WC
"Success isn't owned, it's leased and the rent is due every day." - TJ Watt

solardave and Stella Nation like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave


Posts : 6254
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptyThu Jun 06, 2024 3:39 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Not happy with this. I know we still needed a slot CB, but he's a piece of shit and I want as less distractions as possible for this team and that's exactly what he is.
Besides that, he played really bad last year so he might not even be worth it. He got burned all the time and was the weak link in Detroit's D.

Wasn't that the reason he was not signed long term with us in the first place. Maybe my memory is bad but it seems to me that he was slightly better than Artie Burns.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation


Posts : 1516
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptyThu Jun 06, 2024 4:07 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I mean on one hand the guy hasn't been convicted of anything, the DA was amended to a Misdemeanor from the original Felony charge, and you're innocent until proven guilty. So maybe the guy deserves a chance, I have to believe the Steelers wouldn't of signed him if there was anything expected to come of his legal situation.

On the other, I really don't like dudes that put their hands on women in that way. It is strange to me how the NFL is seemingly so soft on these guys who get accused and convicted of these kinds of charges and yet they come down ridiculously hard on a guy like Calvin Ridley for gambling...

I mean I hope he's learned from this incident and it's not as serious as everyone thought initially and that he turns his life around and puts this in his rearview, but if he actually strangled his girlfriend/wife or whoever, that's not cool and he should have to pay a steep penalty for his actions.

He choked his girlfriend until she was unconscious and he bate her in her neck hard enough to draw blood. The guy is a psychopath.
The only reason it was reduced to a misdemeanor is because he entered a pretrial diversionary program.

This is the full description I found:

"During the argument, Sutton picked up the woman and slammed her into a wall, then bit her on the neck, leaving a quarter-sized abration that bled the affidavit states. Sutton then grabbed the woman by the face and neck and choked her, causing her to briefly lose consciousness, according to the affidavit."
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation


Posts : 1516
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptyThu Jun 06, 2024 4:11 am

solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
Not happy with this. I know we still needed a slot CB, but he's a piece of shit and I want as less distractions as possible for this team and that's exactly what he is.
Besides that, he played really bad last year so he might not even be worth it. He got burned all the time and was the weak link in Detroit's D.

Wasn't that the reason he was not signed long term with us in the first place. Maybe my memory is bad but it seems to me that he was slightly better than Artie Burns.

For us he was good, but last year he was terrible.

During the season:
888 yards allowed, 67% completed, 112 passer rating against, 5 TD's

And in the postseason he got even worse:
272 yards allowed, 63% completed (17 catches), 133.6 passer rating against, 3 TD's
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927


Posts : 5070
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : Des Moines, Iowa

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptyThu Jun 06, 2024 4:18 am

Stella Nation wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I mean on one hand the guy hasn't been convicted of anything, the DA was amended to a Misdemeanor from the original Felony charge, and you're innocent until proven guilty. So maybe the guy deserves a chance, I have to believe the Steelers wouldn't of signed him if there was anything expected to come of his legal situation.

On the other, I really don't like dudes that put their hands on women in that way. It is strange to me how the NFL is seemingly so soft on these guys who get accused and convicted of these kinds of charges and yet they come down ridiculously hard on a guy like Calvin Ridley for gambling...

I mean I hope he's learned from this incident and it's not as serious as everyone thought initially and that he turns his life around and puts this in his rearview, but if he actually strangled his girlfriend/wife or whoever, that's not cool and he should have to pay a steep penalty for his actions.

He choked his girlfriend until she was unconscious and he bate her in her neck hard enough to draw blood. The guy is a psychopath.
The only reason it was reduced to a misdemeanor is because he entered a pretrial diversionary program.

This is the full description I found:

"During the argument, Sutton picked up the woman and slammed her into a wall, then bit her on the neck, leaving a quarter-sized abration that bled the affidavit states. Sutton then grabbed the woman by the face and neck and choked her, causing her to briefly lose consciousness, according to the affidavit."

Keyword here is Pre-Trial. He has yet to be convicted of anything. At this point what is described in the above are still just allegations, he (Sutton) may have agreed to be on Pre-Trial Diversion with the agreement that his charges would be dropped to a Misdemeanor but I would guess they were going to drop them down to that anyways. We can't know for sure at this time without being able to read actual court documentation regarding his legal situation. Where I work, inmates go out on varying degrees of Pre-Trial "Supervision" all the time, I'm guessing their "Diversion" is the same thing as our "Supervision" it's simply a means of getting them out or diverting them from jail. They tend to lean towards people with Misdemeanor level offenses and the degree of supervision in our county depends on their criminal history and individual legal situation. They are not yet guilty, but they are on supervision while they go through due process until their legal situation is disposed of in some manner be it dismissal, conviction and sentencing, deferred judgement, etc... If they fail to follow the terms of their Supervision they can be arrested and placed back into custody (jail).

That description you posted sounds like an Officer's Report on the Preliminary Complaint in Sutton's case. Just because they said that's what happened doesn't mean that's what happened. Plenty of times over my nearly 19 years now working in Corrections I've seen these types of complaints get dropped because they were unfounded, made up, etc... Furthermore them mitigating his charge from a Felony to a Misdemeanor isn't akin to guilt because again he still hasn't been convicted. It's not as if he took a plea and plead guilty to a Misdemeanor with the agreement they'd release him, it's still an on-going case, or at least that's the way that it appears to me at this time.

Not trying to defend the guy but wanted to try and look at it from a legal standpoint. Everyone has a right to Due Process regardless of what they've been accused of.

Wasn't there one of us on here that's an Attorney? I seem to remember discussing legal issues with someone awhile back. Maybe they'll see this and can tell me if I'm wrong here, or point out something I may have missed.

_________________
Cam Sutton is back PaKS9WC
"Success isn't owned, it's leased and the rent is due every day." - TJ Watt


Last edited by IowaSteeler927 on Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total

solardave, Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave


Posts : 6254
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptyThu Jun 06, 2024 4:44 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I mean on one hand the guy hasn't been convicted of anything, the DA was amended to a Misdemeanor from the original Felony charge, and you're innocent until proven guilty. So maybe the guy deserves a chance, I have to believe the Steelers wouldn't of signed him if there was anything expected to come of his legal situation.

On the other, I really don't like dudes that put their hands on women in that way. It is strange to me how the NFL is seemingly so soft on these guys who get accused and convicted of these kinds of charges and yet they come down ridiculously hard on a guy like Calvin Ridley for gambling...

I mean I hope he's learned from this incident and it's not as serious as everyone thought initially and that he turns his life around and puts this in his rearview, but if he actually strangled his girlfriend/wife or whoever, that's not cool and he should have to pay a steep penalty for his actions.

He choked his girlfriend until she was unconscious and he bate her in her neck hard enough to draw blood. The guy is a psychopath.
The only reason it was reduced to a misdemeanor is because he entered a pretrial diversionary program.

This is the full description I found:

"During the argument, Sutton picked up the woman and slammed her into a wall, then bit her on the neck, leaving a quarter-sized abration that bled the affidavit states. Sutton then grabbed the woman by the face and neck and choked her, causing her to briefly lose consciousness, according to the affidavit."

Keyword here is Pre-Trial. He has yet to be convicted of anything. At this point what is described in the above are still just allegations, he (Sutton) may have agreed to be on Pre-Trial Diversion with the agreement that his charges would be dropped to a Misdemeanor but I would guess they were going to drop them down to that anyways. We can't know for sure at this time without being able to read actual court documentation regarding his legal situation. Where I work, inmates go out on varying degrees of Pre-Trial "Supervision" all the time, I'm guessing their "Diversion" is the same thing as our "Supervision" it's simply a means of getting them out or diverting them from jail. They tend to lean towards people with Misdemeanor level offenses and the degree of supervision in our county depends on their criminal history and individual legal situation. They are not yet guilty, but they are on supervision while they go through due process until their legal situation is disposed of in some manner be it dismissal, conviction and sentencing, deferred judgement, etc... If they fail to follow the terms of their Supervision they can be arrested and placed back into custody (jail).

That description you posted sounds like an Officer's Report on the Preliminary Complaint in Sutton's case. Just because they said that's what happened doesn't mean that's what happened. Plenty of times over my nearly 19 years now working in Corrections I've seen these types of complaints get dropped because they were unfounded, made up, etc... Furthermore them mitigating his charge from a Felony to a Misdemeanor isn't akin to guilt because again he still hasn't been convicted. It's not as if he took a plea and plead guilty to a Misdemeanor with the agreement they'd release him, it's still an on-going case, or at least that's the way that it appears to me at this time.

Not trying to defend the guy but wanted to try and look at it from a legal standpoint. Everyone has a right to Due Process regardless of what they've been accused of.

Wasn't there one of us on here that's an Attorney? I seem to remember discussing legal issues with someone awhile back. Maybe they'll see this and can tell me if I'm wrong here, or point out something I may have missed.

I don't believe you're wrong. Here's the thing though. As he goes through the process do you think it'll be a distraction? Is the upside great enough for this to work and what is the upside here? He plays well and the charges go away along with the distraction? I hope so. From what I'm reading no one is rising to the occasion in the slot.
It looks like he could help or he could be a problem. We'll know soon enough. Well maybe not soon enough for some of us. I'm ready for football with meaning.

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927


Posts : 5070
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : Des Moines, Iowa

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptyThu Jun 06, 2024 4:55 am

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I mean on one hand the guy hasn't been convicted of anything, the DA was amended to a Misdemeanor from the original Felony charge, and you're innocent until proven guilty. So maybe the guy deserves a chance, I have to believe the Steelers wouldn't of signed him if there was anything expected to come of his legal situation.

On the other, I really don't like dudes that put their hands on women in that way. It is strange to me how the NFL is seemingly so soft on these guys who get accused and convicted of these kinds of charges and yet they come down ridiculously hard on a guy like Calvin Ridley for gambling...

I mean I hope he's learned from this incident and it's not as serious as everyone thought initially and that he turns his life around and puts this in his rearview, but if he actually strangled his girlfriend/wife or whoever, that's not cool and he should have to pay a steep penalty for his actions.

He choked his girlfriend until she was unconscious and he bate her in her neck hard enough to draw blood. The guy is a psychopath.
The only reason it was reduced to a misdemeanor is because he entered a pretrial diversionary program.

This is the full description I found:

"During the argument, Sutton picked up the woman and slammed her into a wall, then bit her on the neck, leaving a quarter-sized abration that bled the affidavit states. Sutton then grabbed the woman by the face and neck and choked her, causing her to briefly lose consciousness, according to the affidavit."

Keyword here is Pre-Trial. He has yet to be convicted of anything. At this point what is described in the above are still just allegations, he (Sutton) may have agreed to be on Pre-Trial Diversion with the agreement that his charges would be dropped to a Misdemeanor but I would guess they were going to drop them down to that anyways. We can't know for sure at this time without being able to read actual court documentation regarding his legal situation. Where I work, inmates go out on varying degrees of Pre-Trial "Supervision" all the time, I'm guessing their "Diversion" is the same thing as our "Supervision" it's simply a means of getting them out or diverting them from jail. They tend to lean towards people with Misdemeanor level offenses and the degree of supervision in our county depends on their criminal history and individual legal situation. They are not yet guilty, but they are on supervision while they go through due process until their legal situation is disposed of in some manner be it dismissal, conviction and sentencing, deferred judgement, etc... If they fail to follow the terms of their Supervision they can be arrested and placed back into custody (jail).

That description you posted sounds like an Officer's Report on the Preliminary Complaint in Sutton's case. Just because they said that's what happened doesn't mean that's what happened. Plenty of times over my nearly 19 years now working in Corrections I've seen these types of complaints get dropped because they were unfounded, made up, etc... Furthermore them mitigating his charge from a Felony to a Misdemeanor isn't akin to guilt because again he still hasn't been convicted. It's not as if he took a plea and plead guilty to a Misdemeanor with the agreement they'd release him, it's still an on-going case, or at least that's the way that it appears to me at this time.

Not trying to defend the guy but wanted to try and look at it from a legal standpoint. Everyone has a right to Due Process regardless of what they've been accused of.

Wasn't there one of us on here that's an Attorney? I seem to remember discussing legal issues with someone awhile back. Maybe they'll see this and can tell me if I'm wrong here, or point out something I may have missed.

I don't believe you're wrong. Here's the thing though. As he goes through the process do you think it'll be a distraction? Is the upside great enough for this to work and what is the upside here? He plays well and the charges go away along with the distraction? I hope so. From what I'm reading no one is  rising to the occasion in the slot.
It looks like he could help or he could be a problem. We'll know soon enough. Well maybe not soon enough for some of us. I'm ready for football with meaning.

Honestly it's a 1yr deal is my understanding so it seems to me to be pretty low risk and potentially high-reward if his legal situation works out and he plays well for us. Worst case scenario in my opinion would be Sutton's legal situation being ugly enough that the NFL gives him a lengthy suspension. I just don't think that Tomlin and the Front Office would've bothered signing him though if they were worried about that in the first place, they very likely know a lot more than we could ever possibly know at this point. The other worst case scenario would be that his legal situation works out but he plays like crap for us but that's the inherent risk of signing any player regardless of them having legal baggage or not.

I am not too worried at this point. If it were up to me personally, I wouldn't of re-signed him just because of those allegations. You're stepping into the mud in doing so and opening the door up for a lot of public ridicule and criticism for signing a guy that was accused of what he's been accused of. I get that they need an answer at slot CB and his prior experience is attractive in that regard, but I personally would've waited for his legal situation to clear up entirely.

Again though, I'm guessing Tomlin and Co. probably know more than we do about his situation and made this decision for a reason. Who knows though? It's all allegations and speculation at this point. Only time will tell.

_________________
Cam Sutton is back PaKS9WC
"Success isn't owned, it's leased and the rent is due every day." - TJ Watt
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave


Posts : 6254
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptyThu Jun 06, 2024 1:20 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I mean on one hand the guy hasn't been convicted of anything, the DA was amended to a Misdemeanor from the original Felony charge, and you're innocent until proven guilty. So maybe the guy deserves a chance, I have to believe the Steelers wouldn't of signed him if there was anything expected to come of his legal situation.

On the other, I really don't like dudes that put their hands on women in that way. It is strange to me how the NFL is seemingly so soft on these guys who get accused and convicted of these kinds of charges and yet they come down ridiculously hard on a guy like Calvin Ridley for gambling...

I mean I hope he's learned from this incident and it's not as serious as everyone thought initially and that he turns his life around and puts this in his rearview, but if he actually strangled his girlfriend/wife or whoever, that's not cool and he should have to pay a steep penalty for his actions.

He choked his girlfriend until she was unconscious and he bate her in her neck hard enough to draw blood. The guy is a psychopath.
The only reason it was reduced to a misdemeanor is because he entered a pretrial diversionary program.

This is the full description I found:

"During the argument, Sutton picked up the woman and slammed her into a wall, then bit her on the neck, leaving a quarter-sized abration that bled the affidavit states. Sutton then grabbed the woman by the face and neck and choked her, causing her to briefly lose consciousness, according to the affidavit."

Keyword here is Pre-Trial. He has yet to be convicted of anything. At this point what is described in the above are still just allegations, he (Sutton) may have agreed to be on Pre-Trial Diversion with the agreement that his charges would be dropped to a Misdemeanor but I would guess they were going to drop them down to that anyways. We can't know for sure at this time without being able to read actual court documentation regarding his legal situation. Where I work, inmates go out on varying degrees of Pre-Trial "Supervision" all the time, I'm guessing their "Diversion" is the same thing as our "Supervision" it's simply a means of getting them out or diverting them from jail. They tend to lean towards people with Misdemeanor level offenses and the degree of supervision in our county depends on their criminal history and individual legal situation. They are not yet guilty, but they are on supervision while they go through due process until their legal situation is disposed of in some manner be it dismissal, conviction and sentencing, deferred judgement, etc... If they fail to follow the terms of their Supervision they can be arrested and placed back into custody (jail).

That description you posted sounds like an Officer's Report on the Preliminary Complaint in Sutton's case. Just because they said that's what happened doesn't mean that's what happened. Plenty of times over my nearly 19 years now working in Corrections I've seen these types of complaints get dropped because they were unfounded, made up, etc... Furthermore them mitigating his charge from a Felony to a Misdemeanor isn't akin to guilt because again he still hasn't been convicted. It's not as if he took a plea and plead guilty to a Misdemeanor with the agreement they'd release him, it's still an on-going case, or at least that's the way that it appears to me at this time.

Not trying to defend the guy but wanted to try and look at it from a legal standpoint. Everyone has a right to Due Process regardless of what they've been accused of.

Wasn't there one of us on here that's an Attorney? I seem to remember discussing legal issues with someone awhile back. Maybe they'll see this and can tell me if I'm wrong here, or point out something I may have missed.

I don't believe you're wrong. Here's the thing though. As he goes through the process do you think it'll be a distraction? Is the upside great enough for this to work and what is the upside here? He plays well and the charges go away along with the distraction? I hope so. From what I'm reading no one is  rising to the occasion in the slot.
It looks like he could help or he could be a problem. We'll know soon enough. Well maybe not soon enough for some of us. I'm ready for football with meaning.

Honestly it's a 1yr deal is my understanding so it seems to me to be pretty low risk and potentially high-reward if his legal situation works out and he plays well for us. Worst case scenario in my opinion would be Sutton's legal situation being ugly enough that the NFL gives him a lengthy suspension. I just don't think that Tomlin and the Front Office would've bothered signing him though if they were worried about that in the first place, they very likely know a lot more than we could ever possibly know at this point. The other worst case scenario would be that his legal situation works out but he plays like crap for us but that's the inherent risk of signing any player regardless of them having legal baggage or not.

I am not too worried at this point. If it were up to me personally, I wouldn't of re-signed him just because of those allegations. You're stepping into the mud in doing so and opening the door up for a lot of public ridicule and criticism for signing a guy that was accused of what he's been accused of. I get that they need an answer at slot CB and his prior experience is attractive in that regard, but I personally would've waited for his legal situation to clear up entirely.

Again though, I'm guessing Tomlin and Co. probably know more than we do about his situation and made this decision for a reason. Who knows though? It's all allegations and speculation at this point. Only time will tell.

At least they didn't go all Cleveland and sign him to a 3 yr 100 mil guaranteed. Cam Sutton is back 1797695198

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino




Posts : 2387
Join date : 2018-08-31

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptyThu Jun 06, 2024 3:46 pm

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I mean on one hand the guy hasn't been convicted of anything, the DA was amended to a Misdemeanor from the original Felony charge, and you're innocent until proven guilty. So maybe the guy deserves a chance, I have to believe the Steelers wouldn't of signed him if there was anything expected to come of his legal situation.

On the other, I really don't like dudes that put their hands on women in that way. It is strange to me how the NFL is seemingly so soft on these guys who get accused and convicted of these kinds of charges and yet they come down ridiculously hard on a guy like Calvin Ridley for gambling...

I mean I hope he's learned from this incident and it's not as serious as everyone thought initially and that he turns his life around and puts this in his rearview, but if he actually strangled his girlfriend/wife or whoever, that's not cool and he should have to pay a steep penalty for his actions.

He choked his girlfriend until she was unconscious and he bate her in her neck hard enough to draw blood. The guy is a psychopath.
The only reason it was reduced to a misdemeanor is because he entered a pretrial diversionary program.

This is the full description I found:

"During the argument, Sutton picked up the woman and slammed her into a wall, then bit her on the neck, leaving a quarter-sized abration that bled the affidavit states. Sutton then grabbed the woman by the face and neck and choked her, causing her to briefly lose consciousness, according to the affidavit."

Keyword here is Pre-Trial. He has yet to be convicted of anything. At this point what is described in the above are still just allegations, he (Sutton) may have agreed to be on Pre-Trial Diversion with the agreement that his charges would be dropped to a Misdemeanor but I would guess they were going to drop them down to that anyways. We can't know for sure at this time without being able to read actual court documentation regarding his legal situation. Where I work, inmates go out on varying degrees of Pre-Trial "Supervision" all the time, I'm guessing their "Diversion" is the same thing as our "Supervision" it's simply a means of getting them out or diverting them from jail. They tend to lean towards people with Misdemeanor level offenses and the degree of supervision in our county depends on their criminal history and individual legal situation. They are not yet guilty, but they are on supervision while they go through due process until their legal situation is disposed of in some manner be it dismissal, conviction and sentencing, deferred judgement, etc... If they fail to follow the terms of their Supervision they can be arrested and placed back into custody (jail).

That description you posted sounds like an Officer's Report on the Preliminary Complaint in Sutton's case. Just because they said that's what happened doesn't mean that's what happened. Plenty of times over my nearly 19 years now working in Corrections I've seen these types of complaints get dropped because they were unfounded, made up, etc... Furthermore them mitigating his charge from a Felony to a Misdemeanor isn't akin to guilt because again he still hasn't been convicted. It's not as if he took a plea and plead guilty to a Misdemeanor with the agreement they'd release him, it's still an on-going case, or at least that's the way that it appears to me at this time.

Not trying to defend the guy but wanted to try and look at it from a legal standpoint. Everyone has a right to Due Process regardless of what they've been accused of.

Wasn't there one of us on here that's an Attorney? I seem to remember discussing legal issues with someone awhile back. Maybe they'll see this and can tell me if I'm wrong here, or point out something I may have missed.

I don't believe you're wrong. Here's the thing though. As he goes through the process do you think it'll be a distraction? Is the upside great enough for this to work and what is the upside here? He plays well and the charges go away along with the distraction? I hope so. From what I'm reading no one is  rising to the occasion in the slot.
It looks like he could help or he could be a problem. We'll know soon enough. Well maybe not soon enough for some of us. I'm ready for football with meaning.

Honestly it's a 1yr deal is my understanding so it seems to me to be pretty low risk and potentially high-reward if his legal situation works out and he plays well for us. Worst case scenario in my opinion would be Sutton's legal situation being ugly enough that the NFL gives him a lengthy suspension. I just don't think that Tomlin and the Front Office would've bothered signing him though if they were worried about that in the first place, they very likely know a lot more than we could ever possibly know at this point. The other worst case scenario would be that his legal situation works out but he plays like crap for us but that's the inherent risk of signing any player regardless of them having legal baggage or not.

I am not too worried at this point. If it were up to me personally, I wouldn't of re-signed him just because of those allegations. You're stepping into the mud in doing so and opening the door up for a lot of public ridicule and criticism for signing a guy that was accused of what he's been accused of. I get that they need an answer at slot CB and his prior experience is attractive in that regard, but I personally would've waited for his legal situation to clear up entirely.

Again though, I'm guessing Tomlin and Co. probably know more than we do about his situation and made this decision for a reason. Who knows though? It's all allegations and speculation at this point. Only time will tell.

At least they didn't go all Cleveland and sign him to a 3 yr 100 mil guaranteed. Cam Sutton is back 1797695198

#ThingsToBeThankfulFor

solardave and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927


Posts : 5070
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : Des Moines, Iowa

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptyFri Jun 07, 2024 2:58 am

solardave wrote:
At least they didn't go all Cleveland and sign him to a 3 yr 100 mil guaranteed. Cam Sutton is back 1797695198

Only Cleveland would be stupid enough to throw an absolutely insane amount of guaranteed money at a QB with as much legal baggage and negative publicity as Watson. They just continue to be their own worst enemies.

_________________
Cam Sutton is back PaKS9WC
"Success isn't owned, it's leased and the rent is due every day." - TJ Watt
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58


Posts : 2705
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptyFri Jun 07, 2024 12:47 pm

None of it matters. He is on the team and will be our slot CB. What we may feel about it means shit. Not like any hard-core fans are walking away from the organization. Hell they kept Ben around after the rape allegations and hushed that all up.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2828
Join date : 2011-04-08

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptyFri Jun 07, 2024 8:55 pm

my question is why is the employer/team of the degenerate player expected to cut said player, yet it is perfectly ok for that same employer/team, to employ a degenerate criminal that has just been cut from another team ?

if the NFL was serious about protecting it's integrity, then
1. they wouldn't cut accused players that are innocent until found guilty.
2. contracts are immediately void following a guilty verdict and any guaranteed money already paid would be prorated and the balance returned to the team.
3 players would be suspended from the league not just one team and can not be signed by or have contact with any team until they serve their suspension.
4. players would already know the amount of time they will be suspended if convicted because the league would have a clear cut policy for suspensions based on the infraction.

solardave, IowaSteeler927, Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave


Posts : 6254
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptySat Jun 08, 2024 7:31 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
my question is why is the employer/team of the degenerate player expected to cut said player, yet it is perfectly ok for that same employer/team, to employ a degenerate criminal that has just been cut from another team ?

if the NFL was serious about protecting it's integrity, then
1. they wouldn't cut accused players that are innocent until found guilty.
2. contracts are immediately void following a guilty verdict and any guaranteed money already paid would be prorated and the balance returned to the team.
3 players would be suspended from the league not just one team and can not be signed by or have contact with any team until they serve their suspension.
4. players would already know the amount of time they will be suspended if convicted because the league would have a clear cut policy for suspensions based on the infraction.

This makes too much sense to even be considered by Goodell. His priority is to make the owners as much money as possible with the illusion that the league owners GIVE a shit about anything but profit.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2828
Join date : 2011-04-08

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptySat Jun 08, 2024 10:22 am

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
my question is why is the employer/team of the degenerate player expected to cut said player, yet it is perfectly ok for that same employer/team, to employ a degenerate criminal that has just been cut from another team ?

if the NFL was serious about protecting it's integrity, then
1. they wouldn't cut accused players that are innocent until found guilty.
2. contracts are immediately void following a guilty verdict and any guaranteed money already paid would be prorated and the balance returned to the team.
3 players would be suspended from the league not just one team and can not be signed by or have contact with any team until they serve their suspension.
4. players would already know the amount of time they will be suspended if convicted because the league would have a clear cut policy for suspensions based on the infraction.

This makes too much sense to even be considered by Goodell. His priority is to make the owners as much money as possible with the illusion that the league owners GIVE a shit about anything but profit.
sure but my question is whats with the virtue signaling by teams when they cut the perps ? why are they acting like they have some kind of morality ? just look at the steelers who have cut players immediately for off field issues long before a guilty verdict , yet they signed a piece of shit like michael vick. why the farce ?

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave


Posts : 6254
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptySat Jun 08, 2024 11:33 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
my question is why is the employer/team of the degenerate player expected to cut said player, yet it is perfectly ok for that same employer/team, to employ a degenerate criminal that has just been cut from another team ?

if the NFL was serious about protecting it's integrity, then
1. they wouldn't cut accused players that are innocent until found guilty.
2. contracts are immediately void following a guilty verdict and any guaranteed money already paid would be prorated and the balance returned to the team.
3 players would be suspended from the league not just one team and can not be signed by or have contact with any team until they serve their suspension.
4. players would already know the amount of time they will be suspended if convicted because the league would have a clear cut policy for suspensions based on the infraction.

This makes too much sense to even be considered by Goodell. His priority is to make the owners as much money as possible with the illusion that the league owners GIVE a shit about anything but profit.
sure but my question is whats with the virtue signaling by teams when they cut the perps ? why are they acting like they have some kind of morality ? just look at the steelers who have cut players immediately for off field issues long before a guilty verdict , yet they signed a piece of shit like michael vick. why the farce ?

It's the same hypocrisy as fining players for illegal hits while selling "greatest hits" on NFL.com. Cam Sutton is back 2913999526

IowaSteeler927 and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927


Posts : 5070
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : Des Moines, Iowa

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptyWed Jun 12, 2024 2:26 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
my question is why is the employer/team of the degenerate player expected to cut said player, yet it is perfectly ok for that same employer/team, to employ a degenerate criminal that has just been cut from another team ?

if the NFL was serious about protecting it's integrity, then
1. they wouldn't cut accused players that are innocent until found guilty.
2. contracts are immediately void following a guilty verdict and any guaranteed money already paid would be prorated and the balance returned to the team.
3 players would be suspended from the league not just one team and can not be signed by or have contact with any team until they serve their suspension.
4. players would already know the amount of time they will be suspended if convicted because the league would have a clear cut policy for suspensions based on the infraction.

Well put MoP. I agree with this wholeheartedly. I mean it's one thing if there's a "smoking gun" like the Ray Rice elevator footage, but I've yet to see anything regarding Sutton's case other than allegations. I'm sure there's been photos taken but that evidence hasn't been released as of yet (to my knowledge). So basically they're treating him like guilty until he's proven innocent when it comes to the Lions having already cut him.

The NFL is so hypocritical anyways, and a lot of these franchises still value accomplishments over doing the right thing. Ray Rice again is a perfect example, the Ravens had honored him during a game as a "Legend of the Game" when he was actually convicted and there was damning video of him violently knocking his fiancé unconscious and dragging her. Sure the guy was a talented player but he doesn't deserve to be honored when he committed a disgusting and heinous act like that. It's ridiculous that he did something like that and gets honored for his past accomplishments while younger players get lengthy suspensions for betting on a game. The NFL has no idea what they're doing when it comes to disciplining players.

_________________
Cam Sutton is back PaKS9WC
"Success isn't owned, it's leased and the rent is due every day." - TJ Watt
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets


Posts : 2828
Join date : 2011-04-08

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptyWed Jun 12, 2024 5:58 am

let this sink in for a minute. we currently have a SENATOR right now that has been accused and charged for taking bribes from a foreign country that is still employed. naturally he is a democrat and democrats have not even considered expelling him from congress. they stand behind their criminals.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927


Posts : 5070
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : Des Moines, Iowa

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptyWed Jun 12, 2024 6:09 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
let this sink in for a minute. we currently have a SENATOR right now that has been accused and charged for taking bribes from a foreign country that is still employed. naturally he is a democrat and democrats have not even considered expelling him from congress. they stand behind their criminals.

No surprise there. The Left never holds their people accountable. Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, the Bidens, the list goes on and on.

The whole Trial of Trump is a joke. I mean you charge and try the guy in New York City, one of the most Liberal cities in the entire country. You let a Liberal Judge be in charge of the trial and select jurors in a location that's very left-leaning. Then they unsurprisingly deny requests for a change of venue because they knew their best chance of getting a conviction was keeping it where they could control the verdict. Then you have a juror leaking the verdict out to a cousin of theirs ahead of time on social media which I'm sure will also conveniently get swept under the rug or they'll generate some BS to excuse it away. Seems to be backfiring on them spectacularly as well as his approval ratings actually went up because I think most sensible people can see the wrong in a political party using the judicial system as a weapon against it's political opponent. Funny how this was never an issue during the run-up to the first time Trump was elected. Funny how they juts turn a blind-eye to the wrongdoings of Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, and Hillary Clinton.

_________________
Cam Sutton is back PaKS9WC
"Success isn't owned, it's leased and the rent is due every day." - TJ Watt

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave


Posts : 6254
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back EmptyWed Jun 12, 2024 6:30 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
let this sink in for a minute. we currently have a SENATOR right now that has been accused and charged for taking bribes from a foreign country that is still employed. naturally he is a democrat and democrats have not even considered expelling him from congress. they stand behind their criminals.

No surprise there. The Left never holds their people accountable. Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, the Bidens, the list goes on and on.

The whole Trial of Trump is a joke. I mean you charge and try the guy in New York City, one of the most Liberal cities in the entire country. You let a Liberal Judge be in charge of the trial and select jurors in a location that's very left-leaning. Then they unsurprisingly deny requests for a change of venue because they knew their best chance of getting a conviction was keeping it where they could control the verdict. Then you have a juror leaking the verdict out to a cousin of theirs ahead of time on social media which I'm sure will also conveniently get swept under the rug or they'll generate some BS to excuse it away. Seems to be backfiring on them spectacularly as well as his approval ratings actually went up because I think most sensible people can see the wrong in a political party using the judicial system as a weapon against it's political opponent. Funny how this was never an issue during the run-up to the first time Trump was elected. Funny how they juts turn a blind-eye to the wrongdoings of Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, and Hillary Clinton.
Cam Sutton is back 3964572787

So easy even a caveman can figure it out.

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Cam Sutton is back Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cam Sutton is back   Cam Sutton is back Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Cam Sutton is back
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Sutton will get his first start in place of Hayden
» Round 3 Cameron Sutton and James Conner
» Guess who's back? Hampton's back.
» Larry Ogunjobi, Cam Sutton, Myles Jack among Steelers upgraded on Thursday injury report
» Hey I'm Back....

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: