Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDevante Adams? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Devante Adams?

Go down 
+2
SteelerFreak58
Great Randino
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

Devante Adams? Empty
PostSubject: Devante Adams?   Devante Adams? EmptyThu Oct 03, 2024 4:50 pm

I'd like to know what you all think - I'm sure you've heard the rumours of the Steelers possibly being in the conversation to trade for him.

My opinion? I'm not sure I really want him. I think we dodged a bullet with the Aiyuk trade falling through - and I don't know, I think Devante has Diva written all over him as well. I think just maybe, one of the other receivers will emerge. We all saw what Calvin did two weeks ago. Can he consistently give us that other threat? Don't know. I've scratched my head for several years as to why he hasn't done more. He's obviously very fast, he's a very good return guy and we see it there.

Also there's Roman Wilson. I feel like he's the Christmas present we haven't had a chance to open yet. If he can get healthy, who knows?

But back to the question: what do you guys think? I for one don't really want him.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Devante Adams? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devante Adams?   Devante Adams? EmptyThu Oct 03, 2024 5:17 pm

Hard pass on him. They want a 2nd round pick and a player. No thanks.

We haven't even utilized Wilson. You go out and pick him up and we can't even say what we have.

If you're gonna go out and shop then shop for your beat down Oline first.

solardave and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Devante Adams? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devante Adams?   Devante Adams? EmptyThu Oct 03, 2024 8:40 pm

I agree, SF. I want to see what Roman can do. I still think we may be okay with our 2nd receivers this year, it's just taking time.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Devante Adams? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devante Adams?   Devante Adams? EmptyThu Oct 03, 2024 9:26 pm

adams has also been dealing with a hamstring injury. thats a ticking time bomb that could end his season at anytime.
roman wilson is no longer on the injury list, so if he dont get a helmet thats on tomlin.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Devante Adams? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devante Adams?   Devante Adams? EmptyFri Oct 04, 2024 2:24 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
adams has also been dealing with a hamstring injury. thats a ticking time bomb that could end his season at anytime.
roman wilson is no longer on the injury list, so if he dont get a helmet thats on tomlin.
Hope he plays this week.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Devante Adams? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devante Adams?   Devante Adams? EmptyFri Oct 04, 2024 2:16 pm

Would be nice to get Adams price dang high then a hammy like MOP wrote would reather see the Steelers play with what they have unless a reciever can't pass deal comes by.

Frustrating was watching Arthur Smith offense kinda start getting in a groove then bam o-line injuries last year LBs.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Devante Adams? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devante Adams?   Devante Adams? EmptySat Oct 05, 2024 5:51 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I'm pretty sure he was good to go against the Colts so.....

Calvin Austin is in his 3rd season but he missed his first so I look at him as a second year WR who is showing promise. I thought at thestart of the season it would be Pickens/CA III and Wilson in the slot. I hope we do against the Cowboys.
What I realistically expect is a heavy dose of Najee, Cordarelle and probably Shampkin.

It is a primetime game at home and this is not some 50/50 team we're playing so maybe Tomlin breaks from the Standard and actually PREPARES for this one.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Devante Adams? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devante Adams?   Devante Adams? EmptySun Oct 06, 2024 8:22 am

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I'm pretty sure he was good to go against the Colts so.....

Calvin Austin is in his 3rd season but he missed his first so I look at him as a second year WR who is showing promise. I thought at thestart of the season it would be Pickens/CA III and Wilson in the slot. I hope we do against the Cowboys.
What I realistically expect is a heavy dose of Najee, Cordarelle and probably Shampkin.

It is a primetime game at home and this is not some 50/50 team we're playing so maybe Tomlin breaks from the Standard and actually PREPARES for this one.

you are correct. he was listed on the injury report , but was a full participant in practice. i have all but given up trying to understand tomlins logic.

considering Isaac Seumalo is cleared to play it looks like tomlin is going to keep him on the bench and start anderson at LEFT guard and McCormick at RIGHT guard. makes perfect sense since McCormick spent all his time in college at left guard while all of anderson college experience was at RIGHT guard and RIGHT tackle.

Quote :
Tomlin’s position on Seumalo’s return to the team

The Steelers head coach does not seem to be in a hurry to give Seumalo the job. As with Wilson, Tomlin is opting to give him all the time he needs to complete his recovery and then decide with the player at 100% physically. For that reason, rookie Mason McCormick is expected to start at right guard against the Cowboys, with Spencer Anderson taking over at left guard.
https://bolavip.com/en/nfl/nfl-news-steelers-hc-mike-tomlin-gets-cold-warning-from-isaac-seumalo-similar-to-russell-wilson

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Devante Adams? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devante Adams?   Devante Adams? EmptyMon Oct 07, 2024 4:53 pm

They need to play Roman Wilson, and have to try and find another receiver. I'd take Adams but not for some outlandish price.

They really should of just kept DJ around. This offense would be much more dynamic with him than without. He had his frustrating drops but could actually get open and took attention off other receivers.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

effyou515

Devante Adams? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devante Adams?   Devante Adams? EmptyWed Oct 09, 2024 2:55 pm

Report: Davante Adams to miss 3rd straight game with hamstring injury
https://theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/38075/Report--Davante-Adams-to-miss-3rd-straight-game-with-hamstring-injury

Las Vegas Raiders wide receiver Davante Adams won't play Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers due to a hamstring injury, Caio Miari of theScore reports. This according to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN who cites sources.

Adams, who recently requested a trade from the team, missed the Raiders' past two games.

Don't want no hammy Sammich. Devante Adams? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Devante Adams? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devante Adams?   Devante Adams? Empty

Back to top Go down

Devante Adams?
Page 1 of 1