Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homeflip flop? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

flip flop?

Go down 
+2
Wallace108
blastfurness
6 posters
AuthorMessage
blastfurness
Xtreme Newb
blastfurness

flip flop? Empty
PostSubject: flip flop?   flip flop? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 3:57 pm

Pittsburgh Steelers
2-1, 0-1 AFC North (3rd)Team Ranking Overall Rushing Passing
Offense 13th 85.7 (23rd) 294.7 (7th)
Defense 2nd 99.3 (11th) 164.0 (1st

I know I am not as old as Walley but I think my eyes are starting to go. Do the Steelers have the number 1 pass defense in the league. are we buying it or selling it. as the would say on around the horn.
then again we are also sitting 11 against the rush most team sees how to attack us by spreading us out. Mr. Smith look horrible against the run last night.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

flip flop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: flip flop?   flip flop? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 4:02 pm

Holy crap!! I didn't even notice that. We ARE No. 1 in the league in pass defense. flip flop? 1664291743

We'd better enjoy it while we can. We won't be facing Tarvaris Jackson and Collins/Painter every week. Next week we face Schaub, so I doubt we'll still be No. 1 after Sunday.

Yeah, Smith looked bad. It might be time to sit him.

Oh, and since when are you younger than me? flip flop? 2829330259

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

flip flop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: flip flop?   flip flop? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 4:04 pm

I'm selling it.

I think people are trying to run against us because they know we're protecting more against the pass. But once Dicke LeBeau brings up that protection to stop the run it'll leave the corners vulnerable. Plus, I don't think we've really played a top passer (unless you count Flacco as a top passer).

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION flip flop? 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
blastfurness
Xtreme Newb
blastfurness

flip flop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: flip flop?   flip flop? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 4:21 pm

so lets break down next week then. I think we can all agree that the Texans will be in one back set. I am thinking 21 formation. if that is the case you know they are going to want to get Foster going early so they can free up Johnson and Daniels later on so in 21 ( that is two t/e and R/b) that will put johnson on Taylor( Underneth) and Clark (overtop ) to protect the deep pass. Now I would not think that Daniels can out run Timmons . So if we go on match up I really like our chances of shuttin the door on Houston Offense. I would bet we are still #1 in passing after next week
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

flip flop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: flip flop?   flip flop? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 4:56 pm

blastfurness wrote:
so lets break down next week then. I think we can all agree that the Texans will be in one back set. I am thinking 21 formation. if that is the case you know they are going to want to get Foster going early so they can free up Johnson and Daniels later on so in 21 ( that is two t/e and R/b) that will put johnson on Taylor( Underneth) and Clark (overtop ) to protect the deep pass. Now I would not think that Daniels can out run Timmons . So if we go on match up I really like our chances of shuttin the door on Houston Offense. I would bet we are still #1 in passing after next week
It all depends on whether or not we can get pressure on Schaub. We need to get to him early and often. If we don't, he'll sit back there and pick us a part. This is another reason why I think we need to sit Smith. His play is affecting Woodley's ability to pass rush. And notice how much better Harrison looked yesterday? How much of that was because Hood was there and not Keisel?

Bottom line though, I don't think we're going to shut down the Texans' passing game. We just need to contain it.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

flip flop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: flip flop?   flip flop? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 4:58 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
blastfurness wrote:
It all depends on whether or not we can get pressure on Schaub. We need to get to him early and often. If we don't, he'll sit back there and pick us a part. This is another reason why I think we need to sit Smith. His play is affecting Woodley's ability to pass rush. And notice how much better Harrison looked yesterday? How much of that was because Hood was there and not Keisel?

Bottom line though, I don't think we're going to shut down the Texans' passing game. We just need to contain it.

I just hope that we don't start BMac if he's healthy. flip flop? 294855916

Let's get Ziggy and Heyward in there and mix in Sylvester for Farrior instead of Foote. I can't believe I'm about to say I'd rather see Gay in there than McFadden, but...... flip flop? 1890901109

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

flip flop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: flip flop?   flip flop? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:04 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
blastfurness wrote:

Let's get Ziggy and Heyward in there and mix in Sylvester for Farrior instead of Foote. I can't believe I'm about to say I'd rather see Gay in there than McFadden, but...... flip flop? 1890901109

my thoughts exactly

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

flip flop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: flip flop?   flip flop? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:05 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
blastfurness wrote:

Yeah, I think it's time to get some of the younger guys in.

I'm not ready to hop on the Gay bandwagon yet. And yes, I giggled as I typed that.
Let's see how he does against the Texans (who have a QB who can actually throw).

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

flip flop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: flip flop?   flip flop? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:26 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
blastfurness wrote:

Yeah, I think it's time to get some of the younger guys in.

I'm not ready to hop on the Gay bandwagon yet. And yes, I giggled as I typed that.
Let's see how he does against the Texans (who have a QB who can actually throw).

Oh, I'm not on the Gay bandwagon ( flip flop? 1505004552 ), I just think a tackling dummy would cover better out there than BMac.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

flip flop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: flip flop?   flip flop? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:33 pm

Has Heyward been on the field yet?

Buddha Bus

flip flop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: flip flop?   flip flop? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:40 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:
Has Heyward been on the field yet?

I think in spot duty. I've heard he's done OK, but I haven't personally noticed his play. That could be a good or bad thing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

flip flop? Empty
PostSubject: Re: flip flop?   flip flop? Empty

Back to top Go down

flip flop?
Page 1 of 1