Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRoethlisberger leaves Steelers' practice early Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Roethlisberger leaves Steelers' practice early

Go down 
+2
fer69
Buddha Bus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Roethlisberger leaves Steelers' practice early Empty
PostSubject: Roethlisberger leaves Steelers' practice early   Roethlisberger leaves Steelers' practice early EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 6:12 pm

Wednesday, September 28, 2011
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger left Steelers practice early today for what coach Mike Tomlin said was a "conference call."

Roethlisberger was not mentioned on the Steelers' official injury report, even though there is a category for "limited participation in practice."

Tomlin said it was no big deal.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11271/1178249-100.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1ZHtbFrji

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Yeah, hello, Ben? Yeah, Bruce here. I was wondering if maybe you could ease up on the freelance gunslinging a little bit this week. My ass is on the hot seat and the job market sucks right now. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE STOP IT!" Roethlisberger leaves Steelers' practice early 3798349058

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger leaves Steelers' practice early   Roethlisberger leaves Steelers' practice early EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:33 pm

he went to look for a LT Roethlisberger leaves Steelers' practice early 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger leaves Steelers' practice early   Roethlisberger leaves Steelers' practice early EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 9:04 pm

Still a mystery.
-----------------------------------

Written by Ed Bouchette

Ben Roethlisberger left practice early today and Mike Tomlin said it was no big deal, that he had a "conference call.''

In all my years covering the Steelers, that's a new one on me. I've seen quarterbacks leave practice because they were hurt, because they had to attend to a family matter, because they were sick, because they had to go to the potty, but I've never seen one take off for a "conference call.''

This was no conference call involving reporters, mind you; that would never happen, plus Ben did that at lunch time with the media in Houston.

We can all hazard a guess. Perhaps it was some sort of legal proceeding, which is not to suggest Ben is involved in more trouble. That civil case in Lake Tahoe is ongoing and any manner of things could still be going on with that.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=112129

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger leaves Steelers' practice early   Roethlisberger leaves Steelers' practice early EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 12:27 am

I'm chalking it up to a non-issue as of right now.

Maybe they are planning some Pete Carroll like antics
Roethlisberger leaves Steelers' practice early 1797695198

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger leaves Steelers' practice early   Roethlisberger leaves Steelers' practice early EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 4:17 pm

Probably legal I'd say about the Vegas BS.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger leaves Steelers' practice early   Roethlisberger leaves Steelers' practice early EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 12:55 am

maybe Ben had to leave and do a couple of jobs on his honey do list?

Arians pretty much lets Ben do what he wants.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger leaves Steelers' practice early   Roethlisberger leaves Steelers' practice early EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 2:42 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
I'm chalking it up to a non-issue as of right now.
Haven't heard anymore about it, so Roethlisberger leaves Steelers' practice early 2087824411

solardave wrote:
Probably legal I'd say about the Vegas BS.
That's one of the main theories. But what could be so important that it couldn't wait until after practice? If it was something legal, it would be his lawyer contacting him. I'm sure he knows Ben's schedule. I still find the whole thing bizarre.

effyou515 wrote:
maybe Ben had to leave and do a couple of jobs on his honey do list?
If you can't score on the field, you better at least score off the field. Roethlisberger leaves Steelers' practice early 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger leaves Steelers' practice early   Roethlisberger leaves Steelers' practice early Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1