Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)

Go down 
+3
SteelCityMom
Buddha Bus
Wallace108
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) Empty
PostSubject: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:08 am

Houston, you've got a problem!!! Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) 3056903510

It's not the first game of the season and we're not playing weak competition. I think we're going to learn a lot about our team today.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 10:13 am

Here in Ohio, it's raining with a high in the upper 40s. It feels like football weather. Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) 792589548

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 10:22 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Here in Ohio, it's raining with a high in the upper 40s. It feels like football weather. Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) 792589548

Yeah, down here in southeastern PA it's currently 47 degrees and cloudy with a chance of showers today. I can't say I'm too excited about the colder temps already though. Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) 1797695198

LET'S GO STEELERS!!!!! Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) 3056903510 Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) 2287965686

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 10:54 am

All I know is it's cold today, and despite my love for fall weather, it has thrust upon me the dreaded "sinus infection". So I plan to lay here all day, watch football, drink hot toddies and try not to get too belligerent later in the evening. Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) 1797695198

Go Steelers! Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) 3056903510

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 11:28 am

Here in Kentucky it is sunny with a chance of Whoopass. Steelers style!!!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:36 pm

25 minutes until kickoff. Time to stretch my drinking arm.
Enjoy the game everyone. Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) 3056903510

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:21 pm

Well...the first quarter is almost over, and obviously I have no idea how the offense is going to do...but the defense just looks so disinterested.

And there's the TD on the Texans first possession (from deep in their own territory). Maybe I'll be wrong in the sense that this WILL be a total blowout. We'll see. Don't see much urgency from the defense though.

SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:35 pm

So, so screwed.

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 1:37 pm

Both sides of the ball look like drizzled shit. That O-line is definitely getting Ben hurt REAL soon.

Just when you think it can't get any worse..... Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) 1505004552

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 2:26 pm

We're in for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong season. No

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 2:29 pm

I don't even know where to begin. All I know is that I've seen enough of this pathetic offense. I don't care if it's Ben's fault, the line's fault, or Arians' fault. It's time to go to the no-huddle. At least to shake things up.
And out defensive line didn't even show up.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 2:34 pm

I guess I was wrong about Foster and Essex being an upgrade. Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) 294855916

The good news is we're only down 10 in a game that we're getting absolutely owned.
It would have been nice to get at least 3, but we get the ball to start the second half. If we can put points on the board on the opening drive, we're still in the game.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 2:37 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
I don't even know where to begin. All I know is that I've seen enough of this pathetic offense. I don't care if it's Ben's fault, the line's fault, or Arians' fault. It's time to go to the no-huddle. At least to shake things up.
And out defensive line didn't even show up.

I think the whole damn team missed the flight to Houston and they just scooped up as many homeless people as they needed to fill out the roster off the streets and slapped helmets on them. This is the most hapless and miserable performance I can remember seeing from this team in my 26 years of following them. The only reason it's close is the penalties. Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) 1505004552

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 2:54 pm

FINALLY! Thank you for finally incorporating a quick passing game and for Mendenhall running forward without hesitation. Now come on D!

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 3:09 pm

Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) 1505004552 can't stand it, guess l'll finish painting l started the other day. that is how bad the Steelers are playing. would rather paint then watch the game. Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) 2913999526
Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 3:50 pm

DO IT STEELERS!

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 4:06 pm

Though they made it interesting at the end and showed some heart in the second half, they deservedly lost that game. They didn't even remotely show up for the first half and should have had their doors blown off if not for the penalties. Steelers had no business even having a shot at it in the end.

This team has some serious soul searching to do this week. They need to suck it up and begin playing like professionals or their season is done before it even began. I know Houston is a good team, but there's no excuse for the lackluster effort on this team all around. No

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Yeah, no excuses for that loss. Steelers got handed nearly every opportunity available and didn't run away with it.

I was expecting a lean year though...so anything beyond barely making the playoffs (if that) will be gravy for me.

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 4:45 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
Yeah, no excuses for that loss. Steelers got handed nearly every opportunity available and didn't run away with it.

I was expecting a lean year though...so anything beyond barely making the playoffs (if that) will be gravy for me.

The only reason I can foresee making the playoffs this year is the fact that we have a powderpuff schedule and I'm STILL not so sure we can get there. There are just too many glaring weaknesses on this team right now that are going virtually unaddressed.

Tomlin needs to do what is needed and start benching players, chewing ass and cracking the whip to get a fire lit under these guys, but alas, I don't think he will. He has yet to prove he will make tough decisions in order to make this team better. He'd rather continue his reputation as a "player's coach" than do what's needed.

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

The only reason I can foresee making the playoffs this year is the fact that we have a powderpuff schedule and I'm STILL not so sure we can get there. There are just too many glaring weaknesses on this team right now that are going virtually unaddressed.

Tomlin needs to do what is needed and start benching players, chewing ass and cracking the whip to get a fire lit under these guys, but alas, I don't think he will. He has yet to prove he will make tough decisions in order to make this team better. He'd rather continue his reputation as a "player's coach" than do what's needed.

Yeah...I pretty much feel the same way. I'm not down on the Steelers or anything...but it's just not looking good. And Tomlin is pretty soft when it comes to players (though sometimes it works in his favor, sometimes not).

As a side note...is it wrong for me to want the Steelers to win based almost purely on the fact that I don't have to hear every Tom, Sue and Betty bitch at SF?

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 5:05 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

Yeah...I pretty much feel the same way. I'm not down on the Steelers or anything...but it's just not looking good. And Tomlin is pretty soft when it comes to players (though sometimes it works in his favor, sometimes not).

As a side note...is it wrong for me to want the Steelers to win based almost purely on the fact that I don't have to hear every Tom, Sue and Betty bitch at SF?

No it's not. Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) 1797695198

Trust me, I'd rather see them win than bitch and moan myself.

I just don't know where to begin fixing this team. Well..... actually it would be o-line obviously, but there is just a lot more bad than good right now and that coaching staff needs to start somewhere and kick some asses. It's going to be a tough season watching this week in and week out.

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 5:33 pm

Uggghhh....I just can't wait until the angry fervor dies down and I can take a nap. Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) 1797695198

Main reason I hate losing anymore...sucky people!

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 5:40 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
Uggghhh....I just can't wait until the angry fervor dies down and I can take a nap. Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) 1797695198

Main reason I hate losing anymore...sucky people!

Tell 'em to rub some 'Tussin on it and grab a pacifier. 👶 Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) 3798349058

I'll get over it. It's just harder for me because I live in Ratbird-land and have to hear about how the Ravens are going to win the division and kick the Steelers' asses. Sadly, they may finally be right this year. Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) 1505004552 (I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) 2744185472 )

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 5:53 pm

I think we can still win this game . Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) 3056903510

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 6:08 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
I think we can still win this game . Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) 3056903510

Oh no..... the Busch Light has completely possessed his body. Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) 294855916

THE POWER OF REAL BEER COMPELS YOU! Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) 3798349058

Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) Exorcist-photo

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)   Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4) Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers-Texans Game Day Thread (Week 4)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next