Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeFoster, defense carry Texans past Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Foster, defense carry Texans past Steelers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Foster, defense carry Texans past Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Foster, defense carry Texans past Steelers   Foster, defense carry Texans past Steelers EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 6:18 am

Tailback returns with 150 yards, winning TD; Johnson, Tate injured.
By John McClain

HOUSTON — It was physical, old-fashioned football, the kind Pittsburgh and Houston fans used to see somewhat regularly.

It was the kind of football that would have made Chuck Noll and Bum Phillips proud.

“I think the last time I played the Steelers here, we beat them 6-0,” Texans defensive coordinator Wade Phillips said about when he was the defensive line coach for the Oilers in a 1980 regular-season victory at the Astrodome.

Phillips waited a long time for his next victory over the Steelers in Houston, and his defense played an instrumental role in the 17-10 outcome at Reliant Stadium on Sunday that elevated the Texans' record to 3-1.

Houston allowed only 296 yards and sacked quarterback Ben Roethlisberger five times, including two by Mario Williams. They were able to rough up a Pittsburgh offensive line that was missing three starters because of injuries.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/cowboys/article/Foster-defense-steal-show-as-Houston-holds-off-2199667.php#ixzz1ZiFHJmOc

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1