Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePittsburgh Steelers: How the James Harrison Injury Affects the Defense  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pittsburgh Steelers: How the James Harrison Injury Affects the Defense

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Pittsburgh Steelers: How the James Harrison Injury Affects the Defense  Empty
PostSubject: Pittsburgh Steelers: How the James Harrison Injury Affects the Defense    Pittsburgh Steelers: How the James Harrison Injury Affects the Defense  EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:07 pm

By Thomas Hanlon (Contributor) on October 4, 2011 18

Now everybody knows why James Harrison wasn't on the field late in Sunday's loss to the Houston Texans, he has a broken orbital bone. This is an injury that is going to keep the meanest player in the National Football League out for probably close to several weeks. The only upside I can see to this is that it will allow his back to fully heal from offseason surgery and we could get a very near 100 percent James Harrison back in time to make a playoff push.

However, with a main cog in the Steelers 3-4 defense out for over a month, it's causing a shuffling of that defense. Normally, Jason Worilds would step into Harrison's right outside linebacker position, but he is doubtful with a quad strain. So instead, inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons will slide outside with Larry Foote coming in to start at the right inside linebacker spot.

This has been what I felt the Steelers likely might do when James Harrison either retires or gets cut later in his career. They originally drafted Timmons to play that OLB position because Harrison had never been a regular starter in his career, but he was a super sub. Timmons was insurance in case Harrison wasn't starter material, and when Harrison turned out to be an absolute beast, they put Timmons in next to James Farrior at inside linebacker.

(Read More:) http://bleacherreport.com/articles/878436-pittsburgh-steelers-how-the-james-harrison-injury-affects-the-defense

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers: How the James Harrison Injury Affects the Defense    Pittsburgh Steelers: How the James Harrison Injury Affects the Defense  EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:54 pm

What is up with all the injuries the last 2 years? They're freaking killing us!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers: How the James Harrison Injury Affects the Defense    Pittsburgh Steelers: How the James Harrison Injury Affects the Defense  EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 5:03 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
What is up with all the injuries the last 2 years? They're freaking killing us!

I believe that maybe John Harbaugh knows voodoo.... just not when it counts. Pittsburgh Steelers: How the James Harrison Injury Affects the Defense  3798349058

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers: How the James Harrison Injury Affects the Defense    Pittsburgh Steelers: How the James Harrison Injury Affects the Defense  Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1