Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeConference Call: Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Conference Call: Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Conference Call: Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin Empty
PostSubject: Conference Call: Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin   Conference Call: Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 7:58 pm

Posted 1 hour ago

STEELERS HEAD COACH MIKE TOMLIN

(on Ben Roethlisberger’s condition and his chance to play on Sunday)

It is kind of what we expect. Ben is a competitor and if he is able to go, then of course be in it today, tomorrow or Sunday of course he is going to do it. We haven’t had a chance to do a lot today at this point, just some walk-throughs and things and he participated in that.

(on how important to it is to maybe get back a couple of offensive linemen)

For us it is not about who is coming back, it is about the preparation of the guys that are healthy. We want to focus our energy on those guys, their preparation and ultimately their play. Injuries are as much a part of this game as blocking and tackling. We are not going to sit around wishing upon a star for those guys to get well. The guys that are healthy will play for us and those are the guys we will focus on in terms of preparing for this game.

(on Max Stark’s mobility during his workout)

We did not work him out. It was just a visit. We haven’t seen him do anything physical at this point, but he appears to be in really good physical condition relative to what he has been in the past.

(on the Titans defense and how they have changed since last year)

I think the most impressive thing going on with their defensive video is the play of Cortland (Finnegan) inside in sub-package football as a nickel. I really think it is awesome utilization of his natural skills and awareness. He is doing an awesome job of it, not only creating plays for himself but for others. It is pretty special.

(on shuffling around their linebackers because of injuries)

We are going to do some shuffling of course. We are going to move Lawrence (Timmons) outside and we are going to play Larry Foote inside, but because of the continuity that we have with these guys being here and being position flexible in the past, we feel pretty comfortable that they are going to be able to play good quality football. James Harrison got hurt against the Titans in ’08 in Nashville and Lawrence played over half the game at his position at outside linebacker. Of course, Larry Foote has been a starter here in the past at the very position that he will be playing this week.

(Read More:) http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Conference-Call-Steelers-Coach-Mike-Tomlin/6a1404fb-7d12-48df-82d7-26525f509cd1

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Conference Call: Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conference Call: Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin   Conference Call: Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:04 pm

Mike Tomlin is the master of "coach speak."
Sometimes I love it ... sometimes it drives me nuts. Conference Call: Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin 1797695198

His comments on Starks are very encouraging:

Quote :
he appears to be in really good physical condition relative to what he has been in the past.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/

Page 1 of 1