Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fer69

fer69

Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags Empty
PostSubject: Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags   Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 3:11 pm

Rashard Mendenhall practiced Wednesday, and he is expected to return to the starting lineup at 1 p.m. Sunday when the Steelers host the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Mendenhall missed last week's game with a hamstring injury. He is only averaging 3.0 yards per carry.

His struggles and coach Mike Tomlin's vague answer when asked Tuesday about Mendenhall's role has raised questions about how the Steelers will distribute carries between Mendenhall and the emerging Isaac Redman.

"If Rashard stays patient, he'll get his time," Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said.

Redman, who made his first career start last Sunday, said he expects Mendenhall to start against Jacksonville. With Mewelde Moore likely to miss a second straight game because of a high ankle sprain, Redman will spell Mendenhall on Sunday and serve as the third-down back.

Mendenhall has gone over the 1,000-yard rushing mark in each of the past two seasons. The fourth-year veteran is considerably off that pace with only 173 rushing yards, but yesterday he downplayed his slow start.

"As a running back you have reads, you have plays and you slide and pick and find holes. When it works everybody loves it, when it doesn't it's bad," Mendenhall said. "We just keep everything in perspective."
Read more: Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_761579.html#ixzz1ags3cie5
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags   Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 6:18 pm

Fer, I edited your post down a little. Because of copyrights, we can post only a few graphs from articles along with the link to the rest of the story. http://www.steelersxtreme.com/t203-please-read
--------------------------------

As far as the RB situation, I completely understand why Mendy likely will start. But if he struggles again, I hope they get Redman in there.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags   Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:58 pm

I think Mendy deserves his starting role back, because you can't lose it due to injury. However, the leash is short with this one. Redman has shown he can run behind this line. Now Mendy needs to show that he can do it too.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags   Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:32 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
I think Mendy deserves his starting role back, because you can't lose it due to injury.
So they should have pulled Ben and put Maddox back in when he got healthy? Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags   Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 3:44 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
I think Mendy deserves his starting role back, because you can't lose it due to injury.
So they should have pulled Ben and put Maddox back in when he got healthy? Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags 1797695198

He's the exception to the rule! And the only exception

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags   Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 3:49 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

So they should pull Starks and put Scott back in when he's healthy? Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags 1797695198
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags   Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 4:38 pm

so McFadden is getting his job back?!?!?Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags 2913999526 Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags 2913999526 Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags 2913999526 Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags 1797695198
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags   Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 5:12 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

So they should pull Starks and put Scott back in when he's healthy? Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags 1797695198

Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags 1824088959 dang it, Wallace, why must you complicate things for me.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags   Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 5:13 pm

fer69 wrote:
so McFadden is getting his job back?!?!?Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags 2913999526 Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags 2913999526 Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags 2913999526 Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags 1797695198

Yes, yes he is

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags   Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 4:05 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags 1824088959 dang it, Wallace, why must you complicate things for me.
It's purely for my own entertainment. Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags 3798349058
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags   Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 11:17 am

Wallace108 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
It's purely for my own entertainment. Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags 3798349058

So is this... Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags 1788976989

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags   Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers' Mendenhall likely to start vs. Jags
Page 1 of 1