Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers @ Jags (preseason #2) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2)

Go down 
+2
effyou515
Great Randino
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2) Empty
PostSubject: Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2)   Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2) EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 5:54 pm

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2)   Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2) EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 6:59 pm

Offensive line not playing all that well, last week Seattle's defensive line must not be very good this year.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2)   Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2) EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 8:08 pm

Very disappointed in the O-line play.

Pickett is looking more and more like the Day One starter.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2)   Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2) EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 9:18 pm

Pickett did look good I like how quickly he's been getting to ball out.

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2)   Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2) EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 11:33 pm

He makes very quick, and very good decisions. Impressive for a rookie. I think he's already surpassed Trubisky. And I thought Trubisky looked good too, just not as good as Pickett.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2)   Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2) EmptySun Aug 21, 2022 3:22 am

Great Randino wrote:
He makes very quick, and very good decisions.  Impressive for a rookie.  I think he's already surpassed Trubisky.  And I thought Trubisky looked good too, just not as good as Pickett.

Yeah Trubiski looked good running for his life. I'm afraid our Oline is as bad as last year or even worse.At least Najee will have reliable backups and not have to do it all this year.
I hope Tomlin starts Pickett against the Lion's #1s. He did look good last night.

I know he scored a TD but Benny(slow as a) Snell should not be on the final 53 and I'm starting to think neither should Devin Bush.Unless he gets his head out of his ass he doesn't deserve a new contract and it's not like we'd get anything for him in a trade. He's all around the ball looking in from the outside. It's embarrassing to watch. It's like he's afraid to get hurt.

effyou515 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2)   Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2) EmptySun Aug 21, 2022 11:35 am

The starting Oline last night was garbage. Moore and Green on the left just are not going to cut it not sure Dotson is much better plus the injuries. Trubisky had zero time in the pocket.

They will ruin Pickett if they put him out there behind that line. He will get skittish as the time goes on not trusting the line and make a lot of mistakes.

The front office made a major mistake not take Creed Humphry last year instead of Harris and they should have went and got a true RG and spent a 3rd round choice on LT. Right now this Oline is pretty bad minus Daniels work and even he made a few mistakes last night.

You will ruin Pickett putting him out there with that Oline as protection. The Jags were sending a 4 man rush and the line never looked like it could handle it.

And Okarafor was a complete waste of money.

effyou515 and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2)   Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2) EmptySun Aug 21, 2022 6:38 pm

The Steelers now have their core skilled offensive players in place, now it's time to get serious about drafting quality OLman higher in the draft.

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2)   Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2) EmptySun Aug 21, 2022 8:47 pm

I think Curt Popejoy must really hate the Steelers. He was making an argument for "why not Mason Rudolph" and the whole article was from the direction of him getting the shaft.

So I put out a response to that, detailing why Rudolph was the least attractive choice of the three.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2)   Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2) EmptyMon Aug 22, 2022 4:24 am

Great Randino wrote:
I think Curt Popejoy must really hate the Steelers.  He was making an argument for "why not Mason Rudolph" and the whole article was from the direction of him getting the shaft.

So I put out a response to that, detailing why Rudolph was the least attractive choice of the three.

Here's a link to his site:
https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/author/curt-popejoy/

He has an article about 3 trade options and Rudolph is #1 so....

Personally I don't think Rudolph is getting shafted. He had chances to shine in Ben's absence and what has he done?
In that time frame(17 games/10 starts) his QB ranking has averaged 80.1.
16 TD/11 INT.
61.5 completion %
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RudoMa00.htm
You're not going to win in today's NFL with stats like that and then factor in a swiss cheese Oline.
I know the line is not his fault but you have to produce with the line you get and either Pickett or Trubiski will get killed less often. Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2) 2913999526
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2)   Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2) EmptyMon Aug 22, 2022 7:44 am

solardave wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
I think Curt Popejoy must really hate the Steelers.  He was making an argument for "why not Mason Rudolph" and the whole article was from the direction of him getting the shaft.

Here's a link to his site:
https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/author/curt-popejoy/

He has an article about 3 trade options and Rudolph is #1 so....

Personally I don't think Rudolph is getting shafted. He had chances to shine in Ben's absence and what has he done?
In that time frame(17 games/10 starts) his QB ranking has averaged 80.1.
16 TD/11 INT.
61.5 completion %
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RudoMa00.htm
You're not going to win in today's NFL with stats like that and then factor in a swiss cheese Oline.
I know the line is not his fault but you have to produce with the line you get and either Pickett or Trubiski will get killed less often. Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2) 2913999526

They never took the handcuffs off Rudolph and let him play. The year Ben went down they played pretty much Run Run Pass Punt football with him for the first 3 quarters of a game and then would let him play the last 15 minutes to try to win a game.

Last year in Detriot Canada called a really poor game that didn't help him and he still was driving the team to win twice and a fumble by D Johnson deep in the Lions territory and another fumble again by Friermuth deep in Lions territory cost them the game.

Rudolph has been give a bad wrap I hope we can get something for him and he goes on to somewhere and plays well.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2)   Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2) EmptyMon Aug 22, 2022 10:49 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
The starting Oline last night was garbage. Moore and Green on the left just are not going to cut it not sure Dotson is much better plus the injuries. Trubisky had zero time in the pocket.

They will ruin Pickett if they put him out there behind that line. He will get skittish as the time goes on not trusting the line and make a lot of mistakes.

The front office made a major mistake not take Creed Humphry last year instead of Harris and they should have went and got a true RG and spent a 3rd round choice on LT. Right now this Oline is pretty bad minus Daniels work and even he made a few mistakes last night.

You will ruin Pickett putting him out there with that Oline as protection. The Jags were sending a 4 man rush and the line never looked like it could handle it.

And Okarafor was a complete waste of money.

They could have had both Harris and Humphrey as Humphrey was still available in the 2nd round. As much as I like Muth they should've taken Humphrey.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2)   Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2) EmptyWed Aug 24, 2022 3:53 am

solardave wrote:
I know he scored a TD but Benny(slow as a) Snell should not be on the final 53 and I'm starting to think neither should Devin Bush.Unless he gets his head out of his ass he doesn't deserve a new contract and it's not like we'd get anything for him in a trade. He's all around the ball looking in from the outside. It's embarrassing to watch. It's like he's afraid to get hurt.

Completely agree regarding Benny Snell, I have no idea what the coaches see in this guy. He looks like he's running in quicksand all the time. I think they should roll with Harris, Warren, and McFarland. Warren has shown he can be versatile and McFarland looks like he can be pretty explosive if the blocking presents opportunities for him to get to the second level. I see so much more potential in those two, Benny Snail has hit his ceiling, and that ceiling has shown itself to be pretty low most of the time.

Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2) PaKS9WC
"Success isn't owned, it's leased and the rent is due every day." - TJ Watt
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2)   Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2) Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers @ Jags (preseason #2)
Page 1 of 1