Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeKeep an eye on Polamalu Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Keep an eye on Polamalu

Go down 
+3
stlrtruck
Wallace108
fer69
7 posters
AuthorMessage
fer69

fer69

Keep an eye on Polamalu Empty
PostSubject: Keep an eye on Polamalu   Keep an eye on Polamalu EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 3:06 pm

At 30 years old, Troy Polamalu is playing as well as ever. The Pittsburgh Steelers safety has been banged up in recent years, but his performance hasn’t suffered.

Just ask coach Bill Belichick.

“Wasn’t he the defensive player of the year last year? You’re making it sound like he doesn’t do anything. He’s one of the top defensive players in the league,” Belichick said yesterday as the Patriots [team stats] get set to travel to Pittsburgh to face the Steelers on Sunday. “He’s a dynamic player that can affect any play that you run — run or pass, inside, outside, short, deep.

“He’s a tremendous football player, great competitor. He’s made a ton of plays this year, made them last year. He makes a lot of them. I thought he played well last year. I thought he was really productive last year.”

Despite missing two games with an ankle injury last season, Polamalu was named the defensive player of the year for the AFC champion Steelers.

He has the Patriots’ respect and their attention

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1375831&srvc=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bostonherald%2Fsports%2Ffootball%2Fpatriots+%28N.E.+Patriots+-+Patriots+%26+NFL+-+BostonHerald.com%29
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Keep an eye on Polamalu   Keep an eye on Polamalu EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 12:31 am

What else are they going to say ... he sucks and they're not worried about him? I'd be more interested in their thoughts on our corners.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Keep an eye on Polamalu   Keep an eye on Polamalu EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:02 am

Since we know that marsha is going to be looking for the Tazmanian devil, it's time for someone else on defense to surprise the patriots* and end their domination of the Steelers in recent years.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Keep an eye on Polamalu 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Keep an eye on Polamalu   Keep an eye on Polamalu EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:52 am

I have this feeling that they're going to attack Troy.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Keep an eye on Polamalu   Keep an eye on Polamalu EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:03 am

i predict troy's first pick 6 of the year

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Keep an eye on Polamalu   Keep an eye on Polamalu EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:44 am

vasteeler wrote:
i predict troy's first pick 6 of the year

That's funny, cuz I'm predicting his second too!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
blastfurness
Xtreme Newb
blastfurness

PostSubject: Re: Keep an eye on Polamalu   Keep an eye on Polamalu EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 12:30 pm

I would just be happy if he can make a takle or catch a ball this year. Keep an eye on Polamalu 2829330259
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Keep an eye on Polamalu   Keep an eye on Polamalu EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 1:00 pm

blastfurness wrote:
I would just be happy if he can make a takle or catch a ball this year. Keep an eye on Polamalu 2829330259

Maybe whatever prevents Ike from catching the ball has attached itself to Troy? Keep an eye on Polamalu 2087824411

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Keep an eye on Polamalu   Keep an eye on Polamalu EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:39 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
I have this feeling that they're going to attack Troy.

I was just reading an article about Troy's coverage stats this year and it reminded me of this post. Of course I closed the window and now I can't find the stupid article again.

Edit: Found it

Quote :
Troy Polamalu

The defensive back who is struggling the most in coverage is the one least often cited for criticism. Polamalu has been targeted 22 times this season, and 12 of those passes were completed. He has no interceptions, one sack and six official passes defensed.

If that's Superman, he'd better check his cape for Kryptonite.

Polamalu remains effective in stunts, but New England won't allow much of that, given the need to track Gronkowski and Hernandez.

"I think everyone knows what we're facing: a very high-potent offense," Polamalu said.

Polamalu vs. any tight end would figure to be a mismatch. But he was beaten by Baltimore's Ed Dickson for a touchdown in the season opener, and he was beaten even worse by Arizona's Rob Housler last week. Only Kevin Kolb's abysmally off-line throw kept the play from going for six.

But again, it can be done: When Buffalo picked off Brady four times Sept. 25, in New England's lone loss, two were by safeties George Wilson and Bryan Scott while covering the Patriots' tight ends. Wilson and Scott were otherwise highly effective in coverage.

Polamalu doesn't have to be Superman this weekend. Just be like Ik

Read more: Kovacevic: These three can bury Brady - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_764245.html#ixzz1c5yw32gV
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Keep an eye on Polamalu   Keep an eye on Polamalu EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 3:51 am

keep an eye on Troy?

l know he is going to call Goddell from the sidelines on his cell phone. Keep an eye on Polamalu 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keep an eye on Polamalu   Keep an eye on Polamalu Empty

Back to top Go down

Keep an eye on Polamalu
Page 1 of 1