Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRoethlisberger is king of pain Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Roethlisberger is king of pain

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Roethlisberger is king of pain Empty
PostSubject: Roethlisberger is king of pain   Roethlisberger is king of pain EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2011 9:12 pm
By Mike Bires

PITTSBURGH -- From head to toe, Ben Roethlisberger has suffered his share of injuries over the years. Rarely, however, does the Steelers' quarterback miss games.

Since becoming the starter in Week 3 of the 2004 season, Roethlisberger has only missed eight starts due to health reasons.

In two of those instances, he could have played if those games weren't regular-season finales that meant nothing to the Steelers' playoff seeding. Another game he missed was due to an appendectomy.

"When I was playing with the Jets, I'd hear about what a tough guy Ben is," wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery said. "But after coming to Pittsburgh this year and seeing him first-hand, it's just amazing. He's a warrior in every sense of the word."

Over the years, Roethlisberger has had foot, ankle, knee, rib, shoulder, hand, thumb and nose injuries. Twice he's had concussions.

Earlier this year, he played through a sprained foot and a broken right thumb. Now he's dealing with a high ankle sprain for the first time in his career.

That was the diagnosis after he was sacked in the second quarter of a Dec. 8 game against Cleveland. At first, it was feared that Roethlisberger broke a bone in his left lower leg. But after X-rays and an MRI, he was diagnosed with a Grade 1 high ankle sprain.

(Read More:) http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/roethlisberger-is-king-of-pain/article_875890d9-047c-5fd5-ac90-de38dd387dc9.html

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1