Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRoethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter

Go down 
+4
vasteeler
Buddha Bus
effyou515
Wallace108
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter Empty
PostSubject: Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter   Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 7:27 pm

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ben Roethlisberger had the look of a starting quarterback again today, leading his offense through a full practice and leaving an impression on his teammates that he's ready to return to the field of play Sunday in Cleveland.

"He looked all right," Hines Ward said. "I don't know if he really ran around or stuff like that. He looked good so, with a week [off], he's feeling a little better, it definitley helped him.

"I'm sure he wants to get a little playing time before we head to the playoffs, considering we don't know the circumstances of what's going to happen."

Tackle Max Starks didn't have the best view of Roethlisberger since he lines up to block in front of him but said, "He didn't seem like anything was wrong" and predicted he would start: "I would assume so if he's taking snaps, yeah."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11362/1199885-100.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1hsYKwRHL

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter   Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 9:15 pm

read some where Tomlin looking at 25 - 30 plays for Ben in the Cleveland game.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter   Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 9:23 pm

effyou515 wrote:
If Ben plays, and it's becoming more apparent that he will, he better be instructed to get rid of the ball and not try to extend plays. I'd rather go into the wildcard game with a healthy Ben than get the bye but have to play the first game with a healthy Batch.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Roethlisberger Practices, Hopes To Play Sunday   Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:18 am

Roethlisberger Practices, Hopes To Play Sunday
By: Chris Gates
December 29, 2011 8:39 AM

Ben Roethlisberger, Doug Legursky, Injury Report, James Harrison, LaMarr Woodley, Mewelde Moore, Mike Tomlin, Mike Wallace, Pittsburgh Steelers, Troy Polamalu
PITTSBURGH (93-7 The FAN) — Four injured Steelers returned to practice Wednesday, the most notable being quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Roethlisberger suffered a high-ankle sprain Dec. 8 against Cleveland and played through the injury Dec. 19 in a 20-3 loss at San Francisco on Monday Night Football. Roethlisberger sat out of Saturday’s 27-0 win against St. Louis and backup quarterback Charlie Batch got the start.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said in his weekly press conference Tuesday that he expects Roethlisberger and any other injured players to play at Cleveland Sunday if they are able to practice during the week.

“I’d like to play just because I like being out there but I don’t know if I necessarily need it,” Roethlisberger told the Tribune Review’s Scott Brown before practice Wednesday. “It would be nice to get another week of rest but I would prefer to play.”

(Read More:) http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/12/29/roethlisberger-practices-hopes-to-play-sunday/

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter   Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:03 am

im fine with starting him but if its obvious(like it was against the 9ers) that he cant plant his foot to make a proper throw then they should make the change (unlike they did in the 9ers game)

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter   Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 4:58 pm

read some where Tomlin looking at 25 - 30 plays for Ben in the Cleveland game. I heard that on NFL network this morning.

Wallace108 wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
If Ben plays, and it's becoming more apparent that he will, he better be instructed to get rid of the ball and not try to extend plays. I'd rather go into the wildcard game with a healthy Ben than get the bye but have to play the first game with a healthy Batch.

You got that right. 25-30 plays with 5 of them being TD's Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter 1372836603 Then go rest Ben,just chill.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter   Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:59 pm

solardave wrote:
read some where Tomlin looking at 25 - 30 plays for Ben in the Cleveland game. I heard that on NFL network this morning.

Wallace108 wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

You got that right. 25-30 plays with 5 of them being TD's Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter 1372836603 Then go rest Ben,just chill.

Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter 1945926454 thats what I'm talkin about

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter   Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 5:57 am

Big Ben: Pain will determine status
Associated Press

PITTSBURGH -- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger doesn't want his sprained left ankle to keep him out of Pittsburgh's regular-season finale Sunday against the Cleveland Browns.

"As long as I can deal with pain, I'll be out there," Roethlisberger said Thursday. "I don't want to let the guys down, so I'll do what I can to be out there."

Roethlisberger, who sat out the Steelers' win last Sunday against the St. Louis Rams, fully participated in practice again Thursday. He said the ankle, sprained on Dec. 8 in Pittsburgh's last meeting with the Browns, was "a little sore." Offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said he was "much more" confident in Roethlisberger's ability to play Sunday after watching his mobility improve in Thursday's practice.

Roethlisberger will play if he's healthy, Arians said.

"I want him out there but not at the risk of injuring himself," Arians said. "If he can't move around and get out of the way, there's no sense in getting him out there."

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7401196/pittsburgh-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-says-play-cleveland-browns-handle-pain

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter   Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 8:55 am

This high ankle sprain for Big Ben could be the downfall of our season. I know teams will be gearing up to test the ankle and that means three things have to happen to keep Ben safe:

1. Ben has to take the underneath stuff and stop trying to score in under 10 seconds.
2. The O-line has to do a much better job of protecting Ben
3. Arians needs to call a game that puts Ben in a safe situation

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
siss
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter   Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 3:58 pm

He has a cold now! He can't go play...I will be over to take care of him!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter   Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:01 pm

siss wrote:
He has a cold now! He can't go play...I will be over to take care of him!

Siss! Where the hell ya been?

And if you take care of him, just make sure you don't hurt the ankle more than it already is...deal?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter   Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:23 pm

HOLY CRAP! A Siss sighting! affraid

How ya been, lady?

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter   Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:38 pm

Siss stopped by? Did she bring cookies? Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter 755331329

Back to top Go down
ricardisimo
Xtreme Newb
ricardisimo

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter   Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:49 am

I hate to say it, but we're a better coached team without Ben under center. Makes some sense, I guess. Who was going to coach Jordan in Chicago? I'm not sure Ben is in Jordan territory yet, but he's close. I really wanted to see Charlie handle this one, but oh, well...

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter   Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:35 am

ricardisimo wrote:
I hate to say it, but we're a better coached team without Ben under center. Makes some sense, I guess. Who was going to coach Jordan in Chicago? I'm not sure Ben is in Jordan territory yet, but he's close. I really wanted to see Charlie handle this one, but oh, well...

I agree to some extent. They do seem to run the ball a little more with Batch under center. I think some of it is Batch himself knowing when to dump the ball off underneath. Ben is always looking for the big play first and will try to extend the play longer to try to hit it. He won't always take the short dump off for 8 yards when he should. Batch is a vet and knows his limitations.

I really wish Ben would take more of a page out of Batch's book concerning his decision making at times. I think the team would benefit greatly from a smarter, more reserved approach. It's either feast or famine with Ben. I'd rather see more consistency.

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter   Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:23 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
ricardisimo wrote:

I agree to some extent. They do seem to run the ball a little more with Batch under center. I think some of it is Batch himself knowing when to dump the ball off underneath. Ben is always looking for the big play first and will try to extend the play longer to try to hit it. He won't always take the short dump off for 8 yards when he should. Batch is a vet and knows his limitations.

I really wish Ben would take more of a page out of Batch's book concerning his decision making at times. I think the team would benefit greatly from a smarter, more reserved approach. It's either feast or famine with Ben. I'd rather see more consistency.

i dont want ben to change his game in any way. we have been to 3 superbowls with him under center. i doubt we get to any if he plays any other kind of way

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter   Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter Empty

Back to top Go down

Roethlisberger practices, looks like Steelers' Sunday starter
Page 1 of 1