Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRoethlisberger practices, Mendenhall sits Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Roethlisberger practices, Mendenhall sits

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Roethlisberger practices, Mendenhall sits Empty
PostSubject: Roethlisberger practices, Mendenhall sits   Roethlisberger practices, Mendenhall sits EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 8:23 pm

October, 6, 2011
By Jamison Hensley

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger looks like he is on target to start Sunday after returning for a full practice Thursday. But the same can't be said for running back Rashard Mendenhall, who missed his second straight practice.

Mendenhall, who injured his hamstring last Sunday, would likely be replaced by Isaac Redman. This would mark the first NFL start for Redman, who has averaged 4.9 yards on 22 carries this season.

Roethlisberger practiced with a protective boot and plans to wear specialized footwear to stabilize his sprained left foot. Roethlisberger has made 19 straight starts.

"I have dealt with pain before," Roethlisberger told Pittsburgh reporters Wednesday. "I have played through broken bones and if it is a pain issue, I can play through it. I'll be fine."

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/32918/roethlisberger-practices-mendenhall-sits

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I can't say I'm surprised by or disappointed with either development. Roethlisberger practices, Mendenhall sits 2893009358

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger practices, Mendenhall sits   Roethlisberger practices, Mendenhall sits EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 8:43 pm

im really looking forward to see what redman can do. of course a lot of it will depend on oline play

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger practices, Mendenhall sits   Roethlisberger practices, Mendenhall sits EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:10 am

vasteeler wrote:
im really looking forward to see what redman can do. of course a lot of it will depend on oline play

I agree except his style may not depend so much on the line play as Mendy. The problem has been the limited amount of playing time to see if he can move the ball effectively. I don't wish any harm to Mendy but I too want to see Redman play 4 quarters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger practices, Mendenhall sits   Roethlisberger practices, Mendenhall sits Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1