Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss

Go down 
+2
JonM229
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss Empty
PostSubject: Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss   Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Rick Chandler

The Steelers’ Maurkice Pouncey got into it with some disgruntled fans on Twitter on Sunday, which is always amusing. The fans were miffed that Pouncey was promoting his rap song on Twitter only moments after the Steelers had lost to the Broncos on Sunday. The All-Pro center was injured and didn’t play in the game. Things got pretty ugly, with Pouncey firing responses such as:

@stevegiglio season is over time 2 move on and get better!! What do u do for a living besides bothering me right now and reading my TL #lame

@scottalanlong dude u have 6 followers no one cares what u have to say!! Can u not see that!!

@stevegiglio I will idiot!! You enjoy your lame life!!

@Rick_D00Va why would I be mad I’m rich play for the steelers and have a awesome life!! Are u mad loser

Then, on Monday:

@MaurkicePouncey
I like to take the time to apologize for my action. its just hard to end like that an i couldn’t help my team fight.

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2012/01/10/maurkice-pouncey-takes-heat-from-fans-for-promoting-rap-song-on-twitter-following-steelers-loss/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
JonM229

JonM229

Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss   Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 2:06 pm

What a dick

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss 1664291743

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss   Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 2:20 pm

JonM229 wrote:
What a dick
Well, based on his comments and attitude, sadly I can't disagree.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss   Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 2:49 pm

What should he be doing? Maybe he was trying to find a way to lighten the mode he was feeling.

But really, why do we care what he was promoting? Are our own lives that miserable that we have to be sustained by professional athletes? If people are concerned about what the Steelers are doing post game, maybe they should check themselves at the door. Personally, after the game I was promoting my daughter's behavior and talking about what my week was going to be like.

People need to get a grip, lighten up, and move on!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss   Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 2:53 pm

I haven't read the whole thing, but (there's always a but). Here's Pouncey, more than likely really frustrated by being on the sidelines for yet another post season game and supposed fans of his are berating him. I would be surprised if any among us would have acted differently if we were walking in his shoes. It doesn't mean it's right, but to err is human. But, this also kind of ties in with the thread that Ginger???? started yesterday. We have more access to players than fans have ever had and then attack them when we don't like the outcome. Should we really expect a different response to our actions? I mean most of these guys are young, immature, and certainly don't come from the best upbringing.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss   Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:45 pm

Wow...I read this somewhere else and thought it was fake. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I mean he was coming off a very emotional loss, but I think it was unprofessional to knock at a fan like that (even if the fan is an @ss). He probably should have just ignored it. I doubt that some of the other players would have responded like that. Ike is taking all kinds of crap on his site but hasn't said a word.
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss   Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:00 pm

Gingerchip, that's it. I couldn't remember the chip part. My apologies.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss   Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:07 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
Gingerchip, that's it. I couldn't remember the chip part. My apologies.

No apology necessary!!!!! Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss 2981382511
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss   Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:18 am

You guys make good points, but I agree with Ginger on this one.

For any Steelers fan who will defend Pouncey attacking fans, ask yourself something ... what if it had been Ray Lewis or Tom Brady who had done it? Would you be defending them? Or would you be bashing them and calling them asses? As George Carlin famously said: we don't need a double standard ... one standard will do just fine. Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss 1797695198

I'm not bothered that Pouncey said something. I'm bothered by what he said. In a time when many fans are struggling just to pay their bills, here's Pouncey throwing his fame and fortune in their faces. He probably could have gotten away with calling them idiots or whatever, but by flaunting his riches and acting like a big shot, he offended more fans than just those who criticized him. I'm not saying he should be tarred and feathered or drawn and quartered, but he needs to feel some backlash and be taught a lesson ... much like Mendy did with his idiotic Twitter comments.

Contrary to what I posted earlier, I don't think Pouncey is a dick. But he sure acted like one.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss   Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 4:21 am

Wallace108 wrote:
You guys make good points, but I agree with Ginger on this one.

For any Steelers fan who will defend Pouncey attacking fans, ask yourself something ... what if it had been Ray Lewis or Tom Brady who had done it? Would you be defending them? Or would you be bashing them and calling them asses? As George Carlin famously said: we don't need a double standard ... one standard will do just fine. Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss 1797695198

I'm not bothered that Pouncey said something. I'm bothered by what he said. In a time when many fans are struggling just to pay their bills, here's Pouncey throwing his fame and fortune in their faces. He probably could have gotten away with calling them idiots or whatever, but by flaunting his riches and acting like a big shot, he offended more fans than just those who criticized him. I'm not saying he should be tarred and feathered or drawn and quartered, but he needs to feel some backlash and be taught a lesson ... much like Mendy did with his idiotic Twitter comments.

Great point. I can't see Farrior, Ward, or even Harrison for that matter doing something like this. Maybe Troy (lol). I am going to probably be flamed for this, and even though I'm new to the board, I've been a Steeler fan since 1975. One of the reasons I've been a fan through thick and thin is the class and dignity this organization represented. I've lived in quite a number of states and I was always proud to say that I was from Pittsburgh "home of the Steelers". Between Mendenhall's Osama's tweets, Pouncy's tweets, and another players off-field antics (I won't even go there), I am beginning to get disgusted. Then again, maybe some would not consider me a true Steeler's fan since I don't believe in the "win at any cost" mentality.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss   Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 4:23 am

Sorry Wallace 108 - somehow I screwed up your quote! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss   Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:25 am

Gingerchip wrote:
Sorry Wallace 108 - somehow I screwed up your quote! Embarassed
Fixed. Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss 184121345

And great points once again.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss   Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:34 am

This saddens me. He better straighten up, Rooney won't hesitate to kick him and his big head off the team. It wouldn't be the first time Rooney's done it.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss   Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:47 am

I see where you are coming from, and you have to wonder how sincere was his apology the next day?

But along the same lines of him overreacting, so did the fans. Just like we should have the same standard for all the athletes, we should have the same standard for all fans - unfortunately you get those that do not live up to the standard.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss   Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss Empty

Back to top Go down

Pouncey takes heat from fans for promoting rap song on Twitter following Steelers’ loss
Page 1 of 1