Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeEmail notification of thread responses? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Email notification of thread responses?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jjmjmay

Email notification of thread responses? Empty
PostSubject: Email notification of thread responses?   Email notification of thread responses? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:50 am

Everytime someone posts in a thread I've posted in I get an email notification. Can this be turned off? I am tired of deleting multiple emails.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Email notification of thread responses?   Email notification of thread responses? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:35 am

jjmjmay wrote:
Everytime someone posts in a thread I've posted in I get an email notification. Can this be turned off? I am tired of deleting multiple emails.

Click on the Profile button at the top of the forum.
Then click on Preferences (right under the scrolling text at the top)
Look for: Always notify me of replies :
Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in.

Click No.
Save

There are a few other email notifications there as well. I'd just click No on all of them. Make sure you click Save at the bottom of the page when you're done. Email notification of thread responses? 230572241

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
jjmjmay

PostSubject: Re: Email notification of thread responses?   Email notification of thread responses? EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 7:39 am

Got it thanks!
Back to top Go down
jjmjmay

PostSubject: Re: Email notification of thread responses?   Email notification of thread responses? EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:12 am

OK I've reset my preferences about 3 times now. They all show up as no email responses and I'm still getting them. Which ADMIN wants to hack my profile and fix this before the weekend so I don't have 40 of these messages in my work email again Monday morning?
Back to top Go down
Steelers Xtreme

Steelers Xtreme

PostSubject: Re: Email notification of thread responses?   Email notification of thread responses? EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:23 am

jjmjmay wrote:
OK I've reset my preferences about 3 times now. They all show up as no email responses and I'm still getting them. Which ADMIN wants to hack my profile and fix this before the weekend so I don't have 40 of these messages in my work email again Monday morning?
I sent you a PM.

Anyone else having this same trouble?
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: Email notification of thread responses?   Email notification of thread responses? EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:53 pm

I am as well. I have a good five or six emails from the forum every time I log on and I have changed my preferences. Didn't help.
Back to top Go down
Steelers Xtreme

Steelers Xtreme

PostSubject: Re: Email notification of thread responses?   Email notification of thread responses? EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 1:45 pm

After you've clicked No on email notifications (be sure to click Save), try this:

Click on your Profile.
Click where it says Topic(s) being watched.
Click the box on the far right of each one.
At the bottom, click Stop watching topics.

That should work. I'm trying to figure out how to make those all Default settings.
As it is now, any new thread you post in will likely go back on to your Topics being watched list.

I'll keep working on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com
jjmjmay

PostSubject: Re: Email notification of thread responses?   Email notification of thread responses? EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 3:05 pm

Ok I've done that. It seems the topics watched was overriding the preferences. Your probably correct if you can stop any thread you post in from being defaulted into the topics being watched list then that should erradicate the issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Email notification of thread responses?   Email notification of thread responses? Empty

Back to top Go down

Email notification of thread responses?
Page 1 of 1