Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeEmail notifications Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Email notifications

Go down 
+3
SteelersYak
teegre
Wallace108
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Email notifications Empty
PostSubject: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 2:01 am

If you want to stop all email notifications, do this:

1. At the top of the forum, click on Profile.

2. Click on Preferences.

3. Click No on these categories:
*Always notify me of replies
*Notify me when getting a PM coming from mass private messages
----------------------------

That should work, but if it doesn't, do this (you can do this anyway to be sure):

1. At the top of the forum, click on Profile.

2. Click on Notifications.

3. Unclick any boxes that are checked in the "By email" column. And check the boxes in the "In the Toolbar" column.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 5:28 am

I'm bumping this because I know the email notifications can be annoying.

Unfortunately, the default setting is for members to receive the notifications. There's no way to change the default, so it has to be changed manually.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 10:57 pm

Similar question/problem:

It says that I have 78 notifications... and I have no idea how to access them.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 12:15 am

teegre wrote:

If you're referring to the notifications at the upper right of the forum, that will be PMs, friend requests, and posts where people have tagged you (like this .... @teegre).

At the top right of the forum, click on the Notifications link. A drop-down menu will open up listing all of the notifications.

You can also access your PMs on the toobar at the top of the forum. If you have no PMs, the button will read "Messages". If you have new PMs, the button will look like this: Email notifications New_me10

I hope that helps. Email notifications 230572241

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 6:47 am

Wallace108 wrote:
teegre wrote:

If you're referring to the notifications at the upper right of the forum, that will be PMs, friend requests, and posts where people have tagged you (like this .... @teegre).

At the top right of the forum, click on the Notifications link. A drop-down menu will open up listing all of the notifications.

You can also access your PMs on the toobar at the top of the forum. If you have no PMs, the button will read "Messages". If you have new PMs, the button will look like this: Email notifications New_me10

I hope that helps. Email notifications 230572241

Thank you very much.

Another question:
This site does not allow me to log in from my work iPad (and my work desktop is archaic). Does anyone else have problems using the iPad?... or, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Currently, I can only log on at home and/or on my phone... and, most of my free time is during my lunch at work. If I can get the iPad working, I'd be on here a whole lot more.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 6:51 am

I only use my Android phone if I'm not using a computer and I have not had an issue so I am not familiar with the iPad. What is the error message that you are receiving? Does it have a mobile interface or does it view the site the same as when you are on a computer?

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 7:54 am

This is the first I've heard of anyone having this problem. As Yak said, can you tell us specifically what's happening when you try to log in? Are the login fields (to type in your usernname and password) not showing up? Are you getting an error? ...

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 11:10 am

On my iPad, there is no place to even log in. The site looks nothing like it does on my phone.

Right now, I am on my work computer (which is literally on top of a file cabinet), but this thing is ancient. Ergo, there is no "like" button or ability to quote other posts.

I'm bummed, because most of my free time/time for posting is during lunch. Once I get home, I have two young kids (so, I don't really have time to post).
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 12:20 pm

teegre wrote:
On my iPad, there is no place to even log in.  The site looks nothing like it does on my phone.  

Right now, I am on my work computer (which is literally on top of a file cabinet), but this thing is ancient.  Ergo, there is no "like" button or ability to quote other posts.  

I'm bummed, because most of my free time/time for posting is during lunch.  Once I get home, I have two young kids (so, I don't really have time to post).  

Look around a little. I had a similar problem with my iPhone. Does the site look blue and white? I found and icon or something to toggle to a "classic view" or some shit and it reverted to the old SX I know and love. I hope this helps, but know that I am severely computarded.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 1:09 pm

I have an iPod Touch at home that if the problem persists I will use to try and help you. Buddha is right about the classic view thing. Far as logging in, it is probably in the same place as to switch it to "classic view" which can sometimes be in a menu that is located in the upper right or left hand corner (there might just be a small arrow that when tapped, expands to give you those options).

If you have no such luck, I will do my best to help you when I get home but like I said, look around for arrows/icons

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 6:47 pm

teegre wrote:
On my iPad, there is no place to even log in.  The site looks nothing like it does on my phone.  

My thinking is the same as Buddha and Yak's. You probably need to switch to the classic view. Are you seeing a button at the top that says Log In? If so, click it and the fields to enter your name and password should pop up. If you're not seeing even that, then going to classic view might be the only solution. I'll continue to look in to it. In the meantime, maybe @Bayz101 has a thought on this.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 7:42 pm

So @teegre, on my iPod Touch, there was a little white arrow in a little black box on the same banner as "Index" when I typed in steelersxtreme.com/forum. When I clicked the arrow, it opened the menu to log in and to view it in classic view.

Hope this helps. Email notifications 230572241

If it didn't work, blame @Wallace108 Email notifications 1797695198

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 12:47 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
teegre wrote:

Right now, I am on my work computer (which is literally on top of a file cabinet), but this thing is ancient.  Ergo, there is no "like" button or ability to quote other posts.  

I'm bummed, because most of my free time/time for posting is during lunch.  Once I get home, I have two young kids (so, I don't really have time to post).  

Look around a little. I had a similar problem with my iPhone. Does the site look blue and white? I found and icon or something to toggle to a "classic view" or some shit and it reverted to the old SX I know and love. I hope this helps, but know that I am severely computarded.

That's exactly it: it's blue & white. I'll check tomorrow.

If you're computertarded, then I'm Helen Kellertarded.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 12:52 am

Wallace108 wrote:
teegre wrote:

My thinking is the same as Buddha and Yak's. You probably need to switch to the classic view. Are you seeing a button at the top that says Log In? If so, click it and the fields to enter your name and password should pop up. If you're not seeing even that, then going to classic view might be the only solution. I'll continue to look in to it. In the meantime, maybe @Bayz101 has a thought on this.

Thank you. I'll try that tomorrow.

As far as @Bayz101 goes, I PMed him... and all that he sent me was a list of "top ten ways to skin a cat."

SteelersYak wrote:
So @teegre, on my iPod Touch, there was a little white arrow in a little black box on the same banner as "Index" when I typed in steelersxtreme.com/forum.  When I clicked the arrow, it opened the menu to log in and to view it in classic view.

Hope this helps. Email notifications 230572241

If it didn't work, blame @Wallace108 Email notifications 1797695198

That sounds right. I'll try that tomorrow.

Thanks again, guys. Thank you for your patience. Computers aren't my thing (obviously).
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 2:49 am

teegre wrote:
Thanks again, guys.  Thank you for your patience.  Computers aren't my thing (obviously).  

Email notifications 230572241

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 3:12 am

I'm also going to thank you guys for helping out Teegre (I'm even more computertarded than Buddha). He was one of my favorite posters at Fever. So glad you made it over here Teegre! Welcome!

Email notifications We_bel10
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 6:47 am

Gingerchip wrote:
I'm also going to thank you guys for helping out Teegre (I'm even more computertarded than Buddha).  He was one of my favorite posters at Fever.  So glad you made it over here Teegre!  Welcome!

Your kind words have made my week. The feeling is mutual.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 7:08 am

We're all glad you got it sorted out Teeg. You make any board you're a member of instantly better. Glad we could help.

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 10:59 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
We're all glad you got it sorted out Teeg. You make any board you're a member of instantly better. Glad we could help.

Thanks, Buddha.

I'm glad that we share the same sense of humor; otherwise, we never would have stayed in contact; and, you wouldn't have been able to guide me towards this place.

Truly... I'm appreciative.

NOTE: My work iPad still doesn't work. I'm such an idiot. Ergo, I'll be posting here mostly in the morning (before the kids awake/while I eat breakfast) and late at night (after the kiddos fall asleep). Regardless: I will be posting... which is the important part.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 11:00 pm

@teegre what is not working? We would really like to try and help you resolve this issue.

teegre

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 11:06 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
@teegre what is not working? We would really like to try and help you resolve this issue.

In a previous post, you had mentioned looking for a black box, with a white arrow. I looked, but I swear I couldn't find anything to make a menu drop down.

It's probably me; I'm not the most technologically savvy individual.

I figure that I'll bring my iPad home this weekend, and have my kids figure it out for me. I'll also have them program the time on my VCR. Email notifications 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 3:01 am

@teegre I made some minor tweaks under the hood. Let me know if you can now see any of those things Yak mentioned.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 7:38 am

teegre wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

Thanks, Buddha.  

I'm glad that we share the same sense of humor; otherwise, we never would have stayed in contact; and, you wouldn't have been able to guide me towards this place.  

NOTE: My work iPad still doesn't work.  I'm such an idiot.  Ergo, I'll be posting here mostly in the morning (before the kids awake/while I eat breakfast) and late at night (after the kiddos fall asleep).  Regardless: I will be posting... which is the important part.  

Yeah, I'm glad we were able to stay in touch too. Believe me, Wally here knows all about the "shared brain theory". It started with us waaaaaaay back when. You and I definitely had that same type of thing working. Email notifications 2276209185

Besides, the police are using me as an undercover informant to monitor your stalking activities on Matt Elam and report back any suspicious activity. Ummmm.... ermmmmm.... I've said too much! Email notifications 190127080 Email notifications 1841364231

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 1:51 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
teegre wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

Thanks, Buddha.  

NOTE: My work iPad still doesn't work.  I'm such an idiot.  Ergo, I'll be posting here mostly in the morning (before the kids awake/while I eat breakfast) and late at night (after the kiddos fall asleep).  Regardless: I will be posting... which is the important part.  

Yeah, I'm glad we were able to stay in touch too. Believe me, Wally here knows all about the "shared brain theory". It started with us waaaaaaay back when. You and I definitely had that same type of thing working. Email notifications 2276209185

Besides, the police are using me as an undercover informant to monitor your stalking activities on Matt Elam and report back any suspicious activity. Ummmm.... ermmmmm.... I've said too much!  Email notifications 190127080  Email notifications 1841364231

Oh I'm sure they're using you, but it's not as undercover informant Email notifications 2573146105

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Email notifications 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 1:56 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
teegre wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

Thanks, Buddha.  

Besides, the police are using me as an undercover informant to monitor your stalking activities on Matt Elam and report back any suspicious activity. Ummmm.... ermmmmm.... I've said too much!  Email notifications 190127080  Email notifications 1841364231

Oh I'm sure they're using you, but it's not as undercover informant Email notifications 2573146105

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Email notifications   Email notifications Empty

Back to top Go down

Email notifications
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next