Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOchocinco humbled with Patriots, winds up in Super Bowl Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ochocinco humbled with Patriots, winds up in Super Bowl

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Ochocinco humbled with Patriots, winds up in Super Bowl Empty
PostSubject: Ochocinco humbled with Patriots, winds up in Super Bowl   Ochocinco humbled with Patriots, winds up in Super Bowl EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:25 am

Associated Press
Published: Jan. 26, 2012 at 09:58 p.m. Updated: Jan. 26, 2012 at 11:50 p.m.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Chad Ochocinco is going to the Super Bowl again, and this time he'll be in uniform, answering questions, instead of causing a commotion by asking them.

He might even get on the field.

The Patriots receiver is returning to the NFL's title game, changed but not chastened since his time as a spotlight-seeking superstar who crashed the big party two years running as the lead correspondent for the "Ochocinco News Network." After a decade of losing in Cincinnati -- and having too much fun doing it -- Ochocinco swallowed his considerable ego to fit in better in New England, a franchise that likes its players boring.

The payoff: a trip to the Super Bowl for a player who had never won a postseason game.

"It's been a learning experience; that's what this has been. This had been one of the most humbling experiences I've ever been in," Ochocinco said Thursday as he prepared for the Feb. 5 game against the New York Giants in Indianapolis. "This is one of the first times I've been about doing exactly what everyone told me to do. It wasn't about the numbers. It wasn't about money. It wasn't about me."

Does he regret the trade-off?

"No!" he said with an expletive and a smile, "because I've done the other thing over and over."

"I'm happy, but the competitive side of me is (angry)," he said. "Does that make sense?"

Little about Ochocinco's time in New England does.

A six-time Pro Bowl selection who had more than 1,000 receiving yards in a seven-year span, Ochocinco was acquired by the Patriots in a trade over the summer, but he has struggled to find a place in the offense, catching just 15 passes for 276 yards and one touchdown this season -- all career lows.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/09000d5d8265a617/article/ochocinco-humbled-with-patriots-winds-up-in-super-bowl?module=HP11_headline_stack

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"It wasn't about me." No shit! Until I read this article, I didn't even realize he was still on the damn team! Shocked

That guy was as useless as tits on a bull this season. Ochocinco humbled with Patriots, winds up in Super Bowl 3798349058

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Ochocinco humbled with Patriots, winds up in Super Bowl   Ochocinco humbled with Patriots, winds up in Super Bowl EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 3:17 pm

he plays for the patriots?
i thought he had retired Ochocinco humbled with Patriots, winds up in Super Bowl 1505004552

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ochocinco humbled with Patriots, winds up in Super Bowl   Ochocinco humbled with Patriots, winds up in Super Bowl EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 4:57 pm

fer69 wrote:
he plays for the patriots?
i thought he had retired Ochocinco humbled with Patriots, winds up in Super Bowl 1505004552

I think he did.... the Patriots just didn't realize it until they dumped a truck load of cash on him. Ochocinco humbled with Patriots, winds up in Super Bowl 1664291743

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ochocinco humbled with Patriots, winds up in Super Bowl   Ochocinco humbled with Patriots, winds up in Super Bowl Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1