Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeIke Taylor would like new OC to run the ball Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball

Go down 
+2
JonM229
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball Empty
PostSubject: Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball   Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:52 pm

Some comments from Ike about what he'd like to see in the offense. He talks about the importance of being able to run and pass, especially with the weapons we have at receiver. But he stresses how much pressure a running game puts on a defense.
A few quotes about running the ball:

"... being a defensive guy I love when my offense is smashing and getting four or five yards a pop, milking that clock."

"So however you want to look at it, we can do it, but I just think when you establish yourself as a running type team it just makes it hard on the opponent."

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/02/ike-taylor-would-like-the-steelers-new-offensive-coordinator-to-run-the-ball/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball   Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:55 pm

I'm sure lots of Steelers fans would like Ike Taylor to stop making Tim Tebow look like an amazing quarterback

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball   Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:09 pm

JonM229 wrote:
I'm sure lots of Steelers fans would like Ike Taylor to stop making Tim Tebow look like an amazing quarterback
Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball 3939274466

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball   Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:18 pm

Now I just have to hope that Billy Cundiff doesn't criticize anyone soon

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball   Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:19 pm

JonM229 wrote:

Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball 3096553220

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball   Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:21 pm

I'm sure he's just tired of being on the field all the time. When the offense didn't start on fire, it started extremely slow. When it was slow, there was three and out's, and the defense went right back out there.

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball   Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:25 pm

bayz101 wrote:
I'm sure he's just tired of being on the field all the time. When the offense didn't start on fire, it started extremely slow. When it was slow, there was three and out's, and the defense went right back out there.

I know the feeling.

fucking Cam Cameron

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball   Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:30 pm

JonM229 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

I know the feeling.

fucking Cam Cameron

Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball Cam-cameron-3

Cam's angry.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball   Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:43 pm

As far as controlling the ball, the Steelers were 2nd in the league in time of possession this season. But I need to see a breakdown by quarter. Maybe it was just my perception, but it seemed like the fourth quarter was our Achilles heel on offense. Without seeing the stats, I'd bet that our time of possession was lowest in the fourth quarter. And if you have a lead, that's when you need the offense to control the ball and milk the clock.

Back to top Go down
riccosuavez
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball   Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:15 pm

Glad you pointed out that the Steelers even as inept at scoring as they were did control the ball even without a great running game. As far as running in the fourth quarter with a lead, I can tell you we did not. Now unless our new OC has a bunch of new twists on this game I for one do not believe we will be a dominant running team with the personnel we have up front, maybe better but not to the point we can run out the clock. I love a good run game but the way we have done the last few years is counter productive to Ben. You cannot try and run constantly on 1st and 2nd down and then leave your QB to produce on 3rd and 7 or 8, or worse yet add a penalty in there and then 3rd and 10+. Defenses are too good to put your team in obvious passing downs even with rules in place to make this a passing game.
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball   Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:36 pm

riccosuavez wrote:
Glad you pointed out that the Steelers even as inept at scoring as they were did control the ball even without a great running game. As far as running in the fourth quarter with a lead, I can tell you we did not. Now unless our new OC has a bunch of new twists on this game I for one do not believe we will be a dominant running team with the personnel we have up front, maybe better but not to the point we can run out the clock. I love a good run game but the way we have done the last few years is counter productive to Ben. You cannot try and run constantly on 1st and 2nd down and then leave your QB to produce on 3rd and 7 or 8, or worse yet add a penalty in there and then 3rd and 10+. Defenses are too good to put your team in obvious passing downs even with rules in place to make this a passing game.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts with the new OC that every third down will not be 5 wide shotgun. Rolling Eyes

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball   Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 4:30 pm

JonM229 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

I know the feeling.

fucking Cam Cameron

Cameron and Arians are twins. Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball   Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball Empty

Back to top Go down

Ike Taylor would like new OC to run the ball
Page 1 of 1