Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBlake: I want to be a wrecking ball Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Blake: I want to be a wrecking ball

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Blake: I want to be a wrecking ball Empty
PostSubject: Blake: I want to be a wrecking ball   Blake: I want to be a wrecking ball EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 12:04 pm

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Blake-I-want-to-be-a-wrecking-ball/b73d07db-9209-4e4e-8967-4221c0f38c94

Antwon Blake knows special teams are his bread and butter, but he also wants to make an impact on defense.

There are days when Antwon Blake walks off the practice field after OTAs, the gold visor on his helmet shielding him from having to stop and talk about himself to the gathered media as he quietly runs towards the locker room.

But on this particular day, Blake was stopped time and again, getting all kinds of attention because of the way he has been working during OTAs and making it hard for him to stay quiet.

“Each day I feel a little bit better, getting comfortable in the scheme, the small details,” said Blake of his progress. “Those are getting down pat. I come out here and feel better every day coming out here with the guys.”

Blake, who was claimed off of waivers from Jacksonville at the start of the 2013 season, quickly became a force on special teams for the Steelers last year, finishing second on the unit with 11 tackles. It’s a role he loves, one he embraces and one he takes great pride in.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Blake: I want to be a wrecking ball 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Blake: I want to be a wrecking ball   Blake: I want to be a wrecking ball EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 2:53 pm

I didn't even know he was on the team but it sounds like we may be hearing more about him.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Blake: I want to be a wrecking ball   Blake: I want to be a wrecking ball EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 2:41 pm

Better ask Miley if he can borrow that term...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blake: I want to be a wrecking ball   Blake: I want to be a wrecking ball Empty

Back to top Go down

Blake: I want to be a wrecking ball
Page 1 of 1