Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic Empty
PostSubject: Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic   Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:39 pm

Friday, February 03, 2012
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic Mean_joe_ad_500

INDIANAPOLIS -- Three decades after his Coke commercial won advertising's version of the Oscar, Joe Greene and his No. 75 Steelers jersey make a comeback in another Super Bowl spot on television.

The new commercial relies heavily on the old one, only the Coke bottle has been replaced by a container of Downy Unstoppables. And Greene's sweaty jersey plays a different kind of role in this one.

"It's a remake of the Coke commercial," Greene said today at the Super Bowl media center, where he was promoting the new spot. "There's a lady playing the kid, Amy Sedaris; she gives me a bottle of the Downy Unstoppables. She sees my dirty jersey draped over my shoulder and she offers her help."

The commercial will be shown Saturday on NBC-TV's Super Bowl pregame show, between 5:30-6 p.m.

Greene, the Steelers Hall of Fame defensive tackle and now a special assistant in their personnel department, said he enjoyed the latest venture which came 32 years after his famous Coke commercial was shown during Super Bowl XIV.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12034/1207904-100.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1lLxq2cUU

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I can't wait to see this iconic commercial parody. Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic 792589548

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic   Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:41 pm

Love it when Steelers get the Ad's. I'll be watching the big game mainly for the add's at this point. GO GIANTS!

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic   Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:11 pm

I think most people outside of the Northeast will be doing that for the same reason. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see recent lows in ratings.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic   Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:14 pm

JonM229 wrote:
I think most people outside of the Northeast will be doing that for the same reason. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see recent lows in ratings.

Aw c'mon, Jon! There's still Madonna's halftime show too. She looks great for a 76 year-old! Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic 106674522

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic   Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

Aw c'mon, Jon! There's still Madonna's halftime show too. She looks great for a 76 year-old! Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic 106674522

She's alive???

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic   Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:16 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

She's alive???

It's debatable. Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic 2087824411

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic   Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

She's alive???

It's Masdebatable. Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic 2087824411

Fixed.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic   Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:25 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

She's alive???

It's Masdebatable. Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic 2087824411

Fixed.

Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic 2744185472

I think my dick just fell off. Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic 1261304314

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic   Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:26 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

She's alive???

Fixed.

I think my dick just fell off. Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic 1261304314

I think that only happens after actually having sex with Madonna

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic   Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:27 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

She's alive???

Fixed.

You had a dick??? Holy hell this has been a fucked up day Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic 1797695198

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic   Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:27 pm

What was that, strike six? Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic 1647293567

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic   Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:31 pm

bayz101 wrote:
You had a dick???

Yup... named it "Bagz". Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic   Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:33 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
You had a dick???

Yup... named it "Bagz". Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic 3798349058

Oh yeah! Well! Flubber gaskvin!

I got nothin Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic 2087824411

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic   Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:33 pm

bayz101 wrote:
What was that, strike six? Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic 1647293567

Let's just say that you are getting very close to federal charges of grand douchebaggery and felony dickateering. Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic 312503953

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic   Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:37 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

Let's just say that you are getting very close to federal charges of grand douchebaggery and felony dickateering. Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic 312503953

:boss: Piss monkey!

Jus' keedin Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic 2551600555

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic   Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:40 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic 344726530

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic   Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:43 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic 344726530

I can't tell if your cackling maniacally, or if your having a seizure Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic 2087824411

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic   Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 5:00 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

76 wow she doesn't look a day over 70! Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic   Mean Joe in new Super Bowl ad that sends up classic Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1