Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers get to work on restructuring contracts to save cap space Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers get to work on restructuring contracts to save cap space

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Steelers get to work on restructuring contracts to save cap space Empty
PostSubject: Steelers get to work on restructuring contracts to save cap space   Steelers get to work on restructuring contracts to save cap space EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 4:47 pm

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 9, 2012, 4:08 PM EST

With the Steelers entering the offseason some $25 million over the 2012 salary cap, they have a lot of moves to make before the league year begins on March 13. Some of those moves will be releasing players, as they did on Wednesday with Bryant McFadden and Arnaz Battle. And some of those moves will be restructuring existing players’ contracts.

Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Steelers linebackers LaMarr Woodley and Lawrence Timmons became the first two players to restructure contracts, when each of them agreed to re-do the deals they signed just six months ago.

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/09/steelers-get-to-work-on-restructuring-contracts-to-save-cap-space/

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers get to work on restructuring contracts to save cap space   Steelers get to work on restructuring contracts to save cap space EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 4:49 pm

Teamwork. That's what I'm talkin' about.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers get to work on restructuring contracts to save cap space   Steelers get to work on restructuring contracts to save cap space EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 4:55 pm

solardave wrote:
Teamwork. That's what I'm talkin' about.

Nobody's better at it than the Steelers. Steelers get to work on restructuring contracts to save cap space 3645341160

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers get to work on restructuring contracts to save cap space   Steelers get to work on restructuring contracts to save cap space EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:42 pm

I heard the details of Woodley's deal, but has Timmon's details been released?

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers get to work on restructuring contracts to save cap space   Steelers get to work on restructuring contracts to save cap space EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:45 pm

bayz101 wrote:

I've only seen what's in the article so far.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers get to work on restructuring contracts to save cap space   Steelers get to work on restructuring contracts to save cap space EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:28 am

bayz101 wrote:

For Timmons, his cap number of $9.125 million drops to $3.985 million, creating $5.14 million in cap space. The extra money comes from the conversion of $7.125 million in salary and roster bonus into a salary of $700,000 and a signing bonus of $6.425 million. It results in an extra $1.285 million being charged under Timmons’ name in the final four years of his contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/10/steelers-clear-117-million-with-timmons-woodley-restructurings/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers get to work on restructuring contracts to save cap space   Steelers get to work on restructuring contracts to save cap space Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1