Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAsked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone Empty
PostSubject: Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone   Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 3:56 pm

By Bob Labriola - Steelers Digest
Posted 2 hours ago

Scott Claar: The Steelers need to go out and get Titans’ CB Cortland Finnegan! Fix that secondary.

Cortland Finnegan is on track to become an unrestricted free agent, provided Tennessee doesn’t slap the franchise tag on him, or sign him to a new contract before March 13. And at 28, Finnegan is attractive from an age standpoint. But the Steelers don’t believe in roster-building through the addition of high-priced free agents. It’s not that they’re cheap – if they’re cheap, they wouldn’t be faced with lopping $25-30 million off their 2012 salary cap – but they believe in paying the big bucks to their own star players. What if, in order to sign Finnegan, the Steelers had to pay him more than Troy Polamalu is making? Polamalu has helped the Steelers win two Lombardis, he’s a recent NFL Defensive Player of the Year, an annual All-Pro selection at safety, a leader, one of the faces of the franchise. You cannot do that. It’s not right, it’s not fair. The Steelers don’t operate that way, and the policy has built a trust between players and management. That’s why there’s not any bickering or back-biting in the Steelers locker room. That’s why the teams that win free agency never win the Super Bowl. Besides, Scott, you’re going to like Cortez Allen a lot, and don’t be surprised if he’s a starter opposite Ike Taylor in 2012.

Graeme Roux: Does Big Ben still have what it takes to shock us and prove that he is something special compared to this new class of quarterbacks entering the NFL?

It may shock you, Graeme, but nothing Ben Roethlisberger accomplishes on a football field is going to shock me. Roethlisberger will turn 30 soon, and that birthday can be a significant one for a professional athlete. You might choose to look at Cam Newton and Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III and Sam Bradford and Matthew Stafford and think they could quarterback a team to three Super Bowls and win two of them. But I know Roethlisberger can do it. I was there to see it with my own four eyes.

(Read More:) http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Asked-and-Answered-217-Max-Gay-red-zone/3440b8ef-b3b8-44f8-b015-80f29db7da12

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone   Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 4:25 pm

If the Steelers get that fucking thug Finnegan, i'm going to be PISSED. He's an arrogant punk. He'll be suspended game one, and a waste of money.

Some more of his thug antics in this:

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone   Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 4:30 pm

bayz101 wrote:
If the Steelers get that fucking thug Finnegan, i'm going to be PISSED. He's an arrogant punk. He'll be suspended game one, and a waste of money.

Not gonna happen anyway. He'll want too much, he's a punk, and we're too far up against the cap not to mention we don't normally pursue high profile free agents.

Now put the gun down, Bagz. Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone 1797695198

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone   Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 4:58 pm

i agree with you guys. the guys a total prick. in no way would he fit in with our team

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone   Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 5:03 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

Not gonna happen anyway. He'll want too much, he's a punk, and we're too far up against the cap not to mention we don't normally pursue high profile free agents.

Now put the gun down, Bagz. Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone 1797695198

You mean the rocket-launcher I had aimed at his home?

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone   Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:27 pm

No chance that D-Bag plays for us. Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone 3562723908

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone   Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:28 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
No chance that D-Bag plays for us. Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone 3562723908

I'd sign him as a padless tackling dummy. Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone 2087824411 Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone 1797695198

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone   Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 7:16 am

bayz101 wrote:

Some more of his thug antics in this:

I absolutely agree he is a punk and I don't think the FO would even consider him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone   Asked and Answered 2/17: Max, Gay, red zone Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1