Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAsked and Answered 2/29: Dome at Heinz? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Asked and Answered 2/29: Dome at Heinz?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Asked and Answered 2/29: Dome at Heinz? Empty
PostSubject: Asked and Answered 2/29: Dome at Heinz?   Asked and Answered 2/29: Dome at Heinz? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:53 pm

By Bob Labriola - Steelers Digest
Posted 6 hours ago

Frank Lucas: Bob, will the Steelers be doing any renovations to the stadium? I’ve been hearing rumors about a dome-like structure?

There are plans to increase the seating capacity at Heinz Field, possibly add another scoreboard and upgrade some of the other amenities, but those plans won’t be executed in time for the 2012 season. But the Steelers playing in a dome? Probably the same season they debut their cheerleaders.

Jackie A. Lee: My question goes back to Steelers of 1939. My dad played for the Steelers at the time, and I am trying to find out how I can get his number, and a picture of the team from then? His name was Jack (Whitey) Lee.

John Lee, as he is called in the Steelers Media Guide, was a 10th-round draft pick out of Carnegie Tech in 1939, and he played one season with the Steelers. At that time, an NFL Draft lasted 20 rounds. The 1939 Steelers had co-coaches – Johnny Blood and Walt Kiesling – and it’s not surprising that such an arrangement was not conducive to winning. That team finished 1-9-1, with the only victory coming in the season finale, by 24-14 over the Philadelphia Eagles. In the team photo that hangs on a wall in the team’s practice facility, John Lee is identified as wearing jersey No. 25. Email us at steelersfeedback@yahoo.com for information about obtaining a copy of that team photo.

(Read More:) http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Asked-and-Answered-229-Dome-at-Heinz/b5715e09-95f4-408f-9e1b-7a1cbd41a5a1

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1