Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDUI charge dropped as Ward pleads guilty to reckless driving Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

DUI charge dropped as Ward pleads guilty to reckless driving

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

DUI charge dropped as Ward pleads guilty to reckless driving Empty
PostSubject: DUI charge dropped as Ward pleads guilty to reckless driving   DUI charge dropped as Ward pleads guilty to reckless driving EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 4:14 pm

Wednesday, February 22, 2012
By Ed Bouchette and Moriah Balingit, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Prosecutors in DeKalb County, Ga., dropped drunk-driving charges against Steelers receiver Hines Ward today after he pleaded guilty to reckless driving.

A spokesman for Ward issued a statement to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette after adjudication of the July incident that resulted in his arrest in suburban Atlanta.

"We are grateful for the outcome," Ward's attorney and manager, Andy Ree, wrote in the statement. "By dropping the DUI charge, it is clear that the prosecution did not have sufficient evidence to proceed. Hines has always maintained that his ability to drive was in no way impaired and we are pleased that the facts supported his innocence. He is thankful to his legal team and to all who stood by him. Hines has a great respect for the legal system and is also grateful, in particular, to the state for the professional manner in which they handled this matter."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12053/1211862-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1n9BpoiYR

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wonder if this will be an offense that could carry a suspension from the league? I also wonder if this case has factored into the Steelers decision concerning Ward and his future with the team. They may be anticipating a possible suspension for conduct issues and felt it wasn't worth bringing back a guy who had fallen on the depth chart to a #5 WR, gets paid too much money, is declining in ability, AND had a possible suspension looming that would prevent him from playing a few games.

Not bashing Ward, just curious if that could be a factor in the team's stance.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: DUI charge dropped as Ward pleads guilty to reckless driving   DUI charge dropped as Ward pleads guilty to reckless driving EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 3:49 pm

Quote :
I wonder if this will be an offense that could carry a suspension from the league?

Doubt it, Hines' wasn't driving anywhere near Tom Brady's house.

It's certainly possible. But I think Hines' future rests completely on what they do with Wallace and Cotchery. The organization has tolerated other "misdeeds" for other players in the past.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: DUI charge dropped as Ward pleads guilty to reckless driving   DUI charge dropped as Ward pleads guilty to reckless driving EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 4:01 pm

DUI charge dropped as Ward pleads guilty to reckless driving 1549491426

I wouldn't be sure about that. After all, he WAS driving on Tom Brady's road, in Tom Brady's country, breathing Tom Brady's oxygen. DUI charge dropped as Ward pleads guilty to reckless driving 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DUI charge dropped as Ward pleads guilty to reckless driving   DUI charge dropped as Ward pleads guilty to reckless driving Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1