Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeEd Reed Confirms Plans To Return  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ed Reed Confirms Plans To Return

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Ed Reed Confirms Plans To Return  Empty
PostSubject: Ed Reed Confirms Plans To Return    Ed Reed Confirms Plans To Return  EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:33 am

The future Hall of Famer told the Ravens that he is not retiring after 11 seasons.
Posted by Garrett Downing on Friday, February 24th, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Categories: 2012 Offseason, 2012 Scouting Combine, Garrett Downing

Ed Reed is coming back.

The future Hall of Fame safety met with Ravens Head Coach John Harbaugh this offseason and expressed a desire to return for his 11th year.

“He met with John and he told John that he is going to get himself prepared to come back and play in 2012,” Ravens General Manager Ozzie Newsome told reporters Friday at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

Reed, who will turn 34 in September, has not made any public comments since the season ended and he did not speak with reporters after the Ravens lost the AFC championship to New England.

He is signed through next season, but there was speculation that he might retire.

(Read More:) http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2012/02/24/ed-reed-confirms-plans-to-return/?module=HP11_headline_stack

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So how much does everybody think this guy has left in the tank? I'd especially like to hear Jon's perspective on this topic as a Ravens fan.

Reed seems like he's pretty banged up all the time now. There were times when he could barely get up off the turf after taking a fall. I'm not sure what the guy has left, but he's been one hell of a player in his career.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ed Reed Confirms Plans To Return    Ed Reed Confirms Plans To Return  EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:40 am

I'm glad that he's coming back, even though he's beginning to become the weak spot in the secondary. He can still find the ball, but definitely can't bring people down anymore.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ed Reed Confirms Plans To Return    Ed Reed Confirms Plans To Return  EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:43 am

JonM229 wrote:
I'm glad that he's coming back, even though he's beginning to become the weak spot in the secondary. He can still find the ball, but definitely can't bring people down anymore.

He only had 3 interceptions this past season if I'm not mistaken though. At what point does he become a hindrance in your opinion, Jon?

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ed Reed Confirms Plans To Return    Ed Reed Confirms Plans To Return  EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:48 am

I think, like Ray Lewis, Ed Reed makes everyone around him better. Even if his physical play isn't what it used to be.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ed Reed Confirms Plans To Return    Ed Reed Confirms Plans To Return  EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 10:52 am

JonM229 wrote:
I think, like Ray Lewis, Ed Reed makes everyone around him better. Even if his physical play isn't what it used to be.

That's kind of how I feel about Hines Ward. He may not be what he used to be, but he's a great mentor and plays the game the right way.

That said, every player's time eventually comes. With Ward, I wouldn't want him to remain as a player beyond this upcoming season. I'd like the team to find a role for him, post-playing career, but I don't think he can contribute on the field much beyond this year.

Where's your cut-off point with Reed and Lewis?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ed Reed Confirms Plans To Return    Ed Reed Confirms Plans To Return  Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1