Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeEd Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!'

Go down 
+2
vasteeler
Buddha Bus
6 posters

What does Ed Reed do this year?
Gets a new contract for more money and plays
Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' Vote_lcap0%Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Sucks it up and realizes he's not getting more money and plays
Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' Vote_lcap60%Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
Doesn't get more money and takes his ball and goes home
Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' Vote_lcap20%Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Realizes he's damaged goods and decides to retire
Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' Vote_lcap20%Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Holds out for an extended period
Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' Vote_lcap0%Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' Empty
PostSubject: Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!'   Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:00 pm

By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League editor
Published: July 9, 2012 at 12:12 p.m. Updated: July 9, 2012 at 06:21 p.m.

It's been too long since we overanalyzed and misinterpreted Ed Reed's purposefully vague statements about retirement.

Thankfully, Reed gave us some new material to work with over the weekend.

"Back home with my son, he's riding his bike an I'm doing yard work! Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!" Reed posted on Twitter along with the accompanying picture of domestic bliss.

His "bosses" in this case would seem to be the Baltimore Ravens' front office. That's the same group of men with whom Reed is apparently trying to negotiate a new contract. The all-time great seems almost certain to play this year and the Ravens are counting on it.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a6c32e/article/ed-reed-tell-the-bosses-im-comfortable?module=HP11_content_stream

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Or could that statement be interpreted to say, "Tell that greedy asshole Bisciotti that I'm comfortable enough at home to just stay here if he doesn't cough up the cash money!"? Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' 2087824411

Just sayin'. Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' 2988561446 Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' 2893009358

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!'   Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:13 pm

Decided to turn this one into a poll. I think Reed is full of shit as usual, won't get more money, and will still play one more season. The Ravens will fail to make the playoffs and Reed will become disgusted enough to finally retire along with Ray Lewis. The rebuilding will then begin.

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!'   Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 6:38 am

you forgot the 'fuck ed reed' option on the poll

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!'   Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 4:11 pm

vasteeler wrote:

Looks like you'll just have to throw your vote away. Just pretend it's an American presidential election. Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' 2087824411 Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!'   Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 4:33 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

Looks like you'll just have to throw your vote away. Just pretend it's an American presidential election. Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' 2087824411 Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' 1797695198

No. Our votes actually matter in this poll Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' 1664291743

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!'   Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 4:38 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

No. Our votes actually matter in this poll Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' 1664291743

So don't fuck it up, Bagz! The future of Ed Reed is in your hands! Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' 2480670802

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!'   Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:10 am

Update: Ed Reed showed up for camp yesterday, ending any speculation of a holdout. I know you're all very pleased.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!'   Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:38 am

JonM229 wrote:
Update: Ed Reed showed up for camp yesterday, ending any speculation of a holdout. I know you're all very pleased.

I was keeping my fingers crossed he wouldn't hold out.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!'   Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:15 pm

JonM229 wrote:

I am. Ed Reed is old, slow and it's over. Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' 2893009358

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!'   Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:29 am

Ed Reed is done.

PostSubject: Re: Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!'   Ed Reed: 'Tell the bosses I'm comfortable!' Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1