Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home*UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

*UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers

Go down 
+4
Gingerchip
fer69
Wallace108
Buddha Bus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

*UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers Empty
PostSubject: *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers   *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:44 am

Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers
Posted by Evan Silva on March 16, 2012, 10:56 PM EDT

Kevin Acee of the Union-Tribune San Diego reports that free agent running back Mike Tolbert and the Chargers “seem ready to separate” after intense contract negotiations this week that ultimately went nowhere.

Tolbert is asking for more money than the Chargers offered, and he is scheduled to visit an undisclosed team on Saturday morning. San Diego has been in contact with another free agent running back, Jackie Battle, who would be a significant downgrade from Tolbert.

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/16/chargers-not-expected-to-re-sign-tolbert-who-may-head-to-steelers/

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm not sure how they could make this happen considering the cap situation, but man are my nipples hard right now! *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers 3798349058

If we can make this happen, time to dump Mendy who would be expendable at that point. Memo can go too.

Last edited by Buddha Bus on Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

*UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers   *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 11:00 am

This is just me thinking out loud (so to speak), but could this be why they restructured Hampton's contract? At first, I thought it was to free up money to sign Wallace, but if that was the case, it would have been done earlier with the other contracts that were restructured. I don't follow the numbers, contracts, and cap too closely, so I could be way off. The timing of it just made me wonder.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers   *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
This is just me thinking out loud (so to speak), but could this be why they restructured Hampton's contract? At first, I thought it was to free up money to sign Wallace, but if that was the case, it would have been done earlier with the other contracts that were restructured. I don't follow the numbers, contracts, and cap too closely, so I could be way off. The timing of it just made me wonder.

I hope you're right cuz my nipples are getting hard *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers 1797695198

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers   *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 3:52 pm

Mike Tolbert to Steelers is “not happening”
Posted by Evan Silva on March 17, 2012, 1:23 PM EDT

Kevin Acee of the Union-Tribune San Diego passed along word late Friday that free agent running back Mike Tolbert was drawing interest from the Pittsburgh Steelers. The news from Acee came directly on the heels of his report that Tolbert and the Chargers were “ready to separate” after an ultimately fruitless round of intense contract negotiations.

Acee may have been misled regarding the Steelers’ alleged interest.

Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette wrote on Twitter Saturday afternoon that Tolbert has “no visit” lined up with the Steelers, and the deal is “not happening.” Tolbert might have made sense for the Steelers due to Rashard Mendenhall’s late-season ACL tear, but they apparently have no interest.

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/17/mike-tolbert-to-steelers-is-not-happening/

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sonofabitch! *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers 2913999526

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers   *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:12 pm

Well, I guess that's that. Now let's get back to talking about Wallace.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers   *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:14 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I was just getting excited that we had something else besides him and Peyton Manning to talk about. *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers 2913999526 *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers 2440041547

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers   *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:17 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I was just getting excited that we had something else besides him and Peyton Manning to talk about. *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers 2913999526 *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers 2440041547
No, not THAT Wallace. I was talking about ME. *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers 3029611895

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers   *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:21 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

No, not THAT Wallace. I was talking about ME. *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers 3029611895

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING!! *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers 2274786658 Sleep

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Don't let your nipples get soft yet guys,,,   *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 11:24 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/44151/conflicting-reports-on-steelers-tolbert

Conflicting reports on Tolbert. There is still a possibility.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers   *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 11:56 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/44151/conflicting-reports-on-steelers-tolbert

Conflicting reports on Tolbert. There is still a possibility.

I've got the ice cubes on them now. *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers 3798349058

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers   *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 12:49 am

*UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers 2063091802 Yes!!!!!!! *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers 2063091802

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers   *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 6:16 am

fer69 wrote:
*UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers 2063091802 Yes!!!!!!! *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers 2063091802

O.K. that made my nipples soft No No No No No
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers   *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 6:19 am

kirklandrules wrote:
fer69 wrote:

And everthing else!!!!! *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers 2573146105
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers   *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 10:38 am

solardave wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
fer69 wrote:

And everthing else!!!!! *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers 2573146105

sonsofbitches *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers 1797695198

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers   *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 12:04 pm

and the plot thickens

[black]Free agent running back Mike Tolbert is visiting the Carolina Panthers this weekend, an NFL source said Saturday per Joseph Person of the Charlotte Observer.

Tolbert, 26, who played four seasons in San Diego, visited the Kansas City Chiefs last week and also has drawn interest from San Francisco and Pittsburgh.

Joel Turner, Tolbert’s agent, said Tolbert is visiting a team this weekend, but would not confirm it is the Panthers.
[/color]

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/24856/Source--RB-Mike-Tolbert-visiting-Carolina-Panthers-this-weekend/Default.aspx[u]

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers   *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:28 am

I think Tolbert would be a great addition to the RB corp that we have, and to be honest with you I believe that until we get another solid O-line, we will never have a one man rushing attack.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers   *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:40 am

I'm merging this with the other Tolbert thread.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers   *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 2:07 pm

Tolbert agrees to four-year deal with Panthers
By Jason La Canfora |
Published: March 19th, 2012

Ex-Chargers fullback Mike Tolbert has agreed to terms on a four-year deal with the Panthers, a league source said Monday.

Tolbert carried the ball 121 times for 490 yards with eight touchdowns in 2011, adding 433 yards and two more TDs as a receiver.

Tolbert’s agent Joel Turner said his client could have made $1.1 million more to stay in San Diego.

“He felt it was a better fit in Carolina,” Turner said.

(Read More:) http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/19/tolbert-agrees-to-four-year-deal-with-panthers/?module=HP11_headline_stack

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And thus ends that story. *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers 3029611895

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers   *UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

*UPDATE* Chargers not expected to re-sign Tolbert, who may head to Steelers
Page 1 of 1