Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homethe walking dead - Page 8 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

the walking dead

Go down 
+13
IowaSteeler927
steelers5895
Drizztbob
teegre
SteelersNorth
Wallace108
Bays
Lady Steel
jjmjmay
SteelCityMom
Buddha Bus
SteelersYak
vasteeler
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

the walking dead - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 2:08 am

vasteeler wrote:
WORST EPISODE EVER!!!

This most recent one? I didn't think it was too bad compared to some of the other ones, at least they actually killed some walkers. I have a feeling we're going to have filler episodes, and yet another cliffhanger going into next season and the eventual battle with the saviors.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 3:26 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
WORST EPISODE EVER!!!

This most recent one? I didn't think it was too bad compared to some of the other ones, at least they actually killed some walkers. I have a feeling we're going to have filler episodes, and yet another cliffhanger going into next season and the eventual battle with the saviors.

For me, the worst episodes were the ones focusing on the governor after woodbury, and the one this season where tara ended up at oceanside.

I wouldn't say that the latest episode was the worst, but it was far from one of the best. There's been a serious lack of action lately, and i agree with iowa that there's a lot of filler leading up to all out war. In fact ... actually, I'll put this comment in spoiler tags since it's related to the comics ...

Spoiler:

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 4:47 am

Wallace108 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
WORST EPISODE EVER!!!

For me, the worst episodes were the ones focusing on the governor after woodbury, and the one this season where tara ended up at oceanside.

I wouldn't say that the latest episode was the worst, but it was far from one of the best. There's been a serious lack of action lately, and i agree with iowa that there's a lot of filler leading up to all out war. In fact ... actually,  I'll put this comment in spoiler tags since it's related to the comics ...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 5:42 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
WORST EPISODE EVER!!!

I wouldn't say that the latest episode was the worst, but it was far from one of the best. There's been a serious lack of action lately, and i agree with iowa that there's a lot of filler leading up to all out war. In fact ... actually,  I'll put this comment in spoiler tags since it's related to the comics ...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 6:46 am

Wallace108 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
WORST EPISODE EVER!!!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 9:42 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
WORST EPISODE EVER!!!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 10:18 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
WORST EPISODE EVER!!!

To me it was laughable . Did any one in this world really think rick was getting eaten . Then I literally laughed out loud when he jumped out of the box

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 6:23 am

vasteeler wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
WORST EPISODE EVER!!!

To me it was laughable . Did any one in this world really think rick was getting eaten . Then I literally laughed out loud when he jumped out of the box

Yeah that was a wee bit hokey but I think they were trying to illustrate how "close" Rich and Michonne are now.

vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2017 7:45 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
WORST EPISODE EVER!!!

Yeah that was a wee bit hokey but I think they were trying to illustrate how "close" Rich and Michonne are now.

dont get me wrong, I still think its a great show, just didnt like the episode. Also im not buying the Rick and Michonne relationship. It seems forced to me.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 4:55 am

vasteeler wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
WORST EPISODE EVER!!!

dont get me wrong, I still think its a great show, just didnt like the episode. Also im not buying the Rick and Michonne relationship. It seems forced to me.

Spoiler:

I was not impressed by this last episode. I'm getting really, really fed up with the Morgan/Carol/Kingdom storyline. They are milking the hell out of that for filler episodes. I can almost guarantee this season is going to end on yet another cliff hanger forcing us to wait until next season to see the much anticipated battle with the Saviors. Saddest thing about this second half of the current season is the total lack of Negan. Jeffery Dean Morgan is awesome when he's on screen, you hate the guy, but he almost makes you like Negan in a way. He has a certain charm, they couldn't have picked a better guy for the role in my honest opinion. Yet we barely see him.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 8:37 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I was not impressed by this last episode. I'm getting really, really fed up with the Morgan/Carol/Kingdom storyline. They are milking the hell out of that for filler episodes. I can almost guarantee this season is going to end on yet another cliff hanger forcing us to wait until next season to see the much anticipated battle with the Saviors. Saddest thing about this second half of the current season is the total lack of Negan. Jeffery Dean Morgan is awesome when he's on screen, you hate the guy, but he almost makes you like Negan in a way. He has a certain charm, they couldn't have picked a better guy for the role in my honest opinion. Yet we barely see him.

I agree that we're getting a lot of filler to stretch out the storyline. If I'm not mistaken, this is about the fifth straight episode that had nothing to do with the comics. And you're right ... this whole season is the March to War. I just wonder if most of next season will be All Out War. In the comics, the war didn't last that long, so I hope they don't stretch it out over an entire season. But based on all the filler we've gotten this season, that's what I'm expecting.

With that said, I actually did enjoy the last episode. We got two character deaths. And I didn't see Richard's death coming. Carol is back in the game, and Morgan is unhinged again.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 9:48 am

Spoiler

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 2:04 pm

Drizz, it's a good thing you didn't post an actual spoiler ... your hidden text isn't so hidden. the walking dead - Page 8 1797695198

You got the coding right, but use the word spoiler instead of hidden.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 8:04 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Drizz, it's a good thing you didn't post an actual spoiler ... your hidden text isn't so hidden. the walking dead - Page 8 1797695198

You got the coding right, but use the word spoiler instead of hidden.

the walking dead - Page 8 1797695198

IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 8:16 am

I will say this last episode wasn't too bad but I do feel like what they did to the Oceanside women was questionable. I get they need the guns, but to leave them with nothing to defend themselves? I get that it's supposed to be for the greater good but it kind of seemed a bit Negan-ish to me.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 30, 2017 2:24 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I will say this last episode wasn't too bad but I do feel like what they did to the Oceanside women was questionable. I get they need the guns, but to leave them with nothing to defend themselves? I get that it's supposed to be for the greater good but it kind of seemed a bit Negan-ish to me.

Yeah, that was pretty harsh. They said they'd return them though. the walking dead - Page 8 1797695198 That's awfully confident considering what they're going up against.

We also got our answer to ...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 9:33 am

Like this?:

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 1:03 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
Like this?:

the walking dead - Page 8 1647293567

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 31, 2017 1:07 pm

Spoiler::

IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 6:18 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Yeah, that was pretty harsh. They said they'd return them though. the walking dead - Page 8 1797695198 That's awfully confident considering what they're going up against.

We also got our answer to ...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The Season 7 Finale though as a whole? I thought it was very predictable. As soon as things went south, I told my wife you just watch, they'll get bailed out soon enough. Admittedly it was good fun to watch though. Finally some action, instead of nothing but boring dialogue. They didn't hit us with a ridiculous cliffhanger either so that was great.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 7:38 pm

From a storytelling perspective, I liked the finale ... particlarly the scene with Negan, Rick, and Carl. What I didn't like was all the cheesiness and deus ex machinas. The gunbattle was so unrealistic ... groups of people standing out in the open and not getting shot. And like a typical Hollywood movie, the bad guys were slower on the trigger and couldn't shoot worth a damn. And how did Shiva know who to attack? That's one smart tiger. But what I disliked the most was the Kingdom and Hilltop showing up at exactly the same time, and right as Negan was about to kill Carl. The dialogue and suspense leading up to that moment was great. But it was ruined by a silly deus ex machina. I expect better than that from TWD.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 14, 2017 7:56 am

Wallace108 wrote:
From a storytelling perspective, I liked the finale ... particlarly the scene with Negan, Rick, and Carl. What I didn't like was all the cheesiness and deus ex machinas. The gunbattle was so unrealistic ... groups of people standing out in the open and not getting shot. And like a typical Hollywood movie, the bad guys were slower on the trigger and couldn't shoot worth a damn. And how did Shiva know who to attack? That's one smart tiger. But what I disliked the most was the Kingdom and Hilltop showing up at exactly the same time, and right as Negan was about to kill Carl. The dialogue and suspense leading up to that moment was great. But it was ruined by a silly deus ex machina. I expect better than that from TWD.

Yeah I agree, they could've done it better. I did enjoy it though, in light of the other episodes it was an improvement.

I am starting to get quite annoyed with the gunfights as well, come on. These people are survivors that have been through hell, so they all stand out in the open like they're forming a Napoleonic style firing line and exchanging volleys? They need to pay more attention to those kinds of little details because it kind of breaks the immersion at times. Nothing against the acting, I feel like the actors are doing a fine job, but the writing and the choreography need to be better, especially for a prime-time show as popular as The Walking Dead.

IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 2:56 am

RIP Scott Wilson.

the walking dead - Page 8 Giphy

the walking dead - Page 8 1283067935

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 3:53 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
RIP Scott Wilson.

He died a few days before his namesake (Herschel) made his TV debut. At least I assume they'll use the same name from the comics. If they mentioned the baby's name Sunday, I missed it.

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 7:22 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
RIP Scott Wilson.

He died a few days before his namesake (Herschel) made his TV debut. At least I assume they'll use the same name from the comics. If they mentioned the baby's name Sunday, I missed it.

Yeah, Maggie called him Herschel.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

the walking dead
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next