Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homethe walking dead - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

the walking dead

Go down 
+13
IowaSteeler927
steelers5895
Drizztbob
teegre
SteelersNorth
Wallace108
Bays
Lady Steel
jjmjmay
SteelCityMom
Buddha Bus
SteelersYak
vasteeler
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
vasteeler

vasteeler

the walking dead - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 6:56 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Spent a good portion of yesterday watching the Walking Dead marathon. I'm ready for Season 3 to resume tonight. the walking dead - Page 2 2893009358

agreed but unfortunately i got rid of cable years ago and will not be able to see until i get home tomorrow and get it off of the pirate bay

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 1:27 am

Random thoughts from last Sunday's episodes ...

When they left Woodbury and were returning to the prison, there was a truck in the middle of the road with a zombie who appeared to have been dead a while. Since they had to move the truck, they obviously didn't come that way when going to Woodbury. Why would they go a different way back to the prison? There doesn't appear to be many roads in that area. Why wouldn't they take the same (and shortest) route both ways?

As a Lost fan, I had a flashback when Rick knocked Merle out with his gun.

Why was Glenn under the impression that Maggie had been raped? Did he just assume that she was lying to him about what happened?

Michonne could save a lot of headaches if she'd speak once in a while.

How much proof does Andrea need that The Governor isn't exactly a good guy? Is she able to overlook his psychotic behavior because of the safety provided by Woodbury? Ooops, it's not exactly safe anymore, so she doesn't even have that going for her.

With all the buildup of Hines Ward being in the episode, his two seconds of screen time was a huge letdown. They could have had him gnawing on a Woodbury resident who was wearing a Ravens jersey. the walking dead - Page 2 792589548

I'm not sure which was more disturbing ... the look that Rick gave Lil Ass Kicker or the kiss on the cheek and look that Beth gave Rick.

Loved the scene with Daryl grabbing the crossbow early in the episode.

The guy in Tyreese's group (I forget his name) suggested overtaking Carol and Carl. After all, it's just a woman and a kid. That would have been a great confrontation. That kid just killed his mom and has become a guardian of the group. He wouldn't think twice about pulling the trigger on someone who is a threat. Carol and Carl might have looked like easy pickings, but we know who would have lived to talk about that confrontation.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 1:45 am

Wallace108 wrote:
With all the buildup of Hines Ward being in the episode, his two seconds of screen time was a huge letdown. They could have had him gnawing on a Woodbury resident who was wearing a Ravens jersey. the walking dead - Page 2 792589548

That would have been epic and they could have ended the entire episode right there and I would have been an extremely happy girl. the walking dead - Page 2 312503953
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:49 am

Lady Steel wrote:
That would have been epic and they could have ended the entire episode right there and I would have been an extremely happy girl. the walking dead - Page 2 312503953
I understand why they didn't do anything special for him, but sheeeesh ... two seconds of screen time? Chewing on a Ravens fan is obviously over the top and something they wouldn't do, but it would have been cool to seem him chewing on someone at least. Or maybe chasing someone. Something. Anything.

Oh, and it's good to see you again. Hope you keep coming around. the walking dead - Page 2 230572241

Don't do a Hines Ward ... show up for two seconds and gone. the walking dead - Page 2 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 1:37 am

Hi, Wallace.

I'm hungry, so I decided to do a drive-by of Crazy Town to pick up an enchilada. the walking dead - Page 2 312503953

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:30 pm

Lady Steel wrote:
Hi, Wallace.

I'm hungry, so I decided to do a drive-by of Crazy Town to pick up an enchilada. the walking dead - Page 2 312503953

Nothing says "thank you" like an enchilada.
---------------------------------------------------------

Random thoughts after last night's episode ...

It's a good thing Daryl is back. With Rick going off the deep end and Glenn letting his emotions get the better of him, it was looking like Carl was best-suited to be the leader of the group. I can't believe I just said that.

Rick is losing his mind over his wife's death. Carl seems to be handling it rather well. And he's the one who had to put a bullet in her head. At age 13 (or however old he is), Carl is more of a man than his father is. I can't believe I said that either.

OK, I get the fact that The Governor is deranged. But has he suddenly turned into an evil villain who is invincible? Last episode, he walked calmly out of the arena while bullets were flying all around him and zombies were on the loose. This episode, the two sides were shooting it out at the prison, and everyone was shooting from behind cover except for The Governor. He stood out in the open beside the truck. Almost everyone else came close to getting shot. But not The Governor, despite standing out in the open.

I'm still convinced that they should have followed Shane instead of Rick.

Ever since they've met, Glenn and Maggie have been playing a game of psycho tag. Tag, Glenn's it. Tag, Maggie's it. It's a good thing their romantic options are limited. That'll help keep them together.

Again, it's good to see Daryl back. After Carl, Lil Ass Kicker might have been the most qualified to be leader.

Merle's mouth is the last thing the group needs right now. If he doesn't evolve like Daryl did, his days are probably numbered.

It looks like Tyrese's group got the hell out of Dodge. I'm still not sure why Rick and the gang trusted prisoners Axel and Oscar and let them join them, but they didn't trust Tyrese and his group.

What exactly has Milton done? And why does The Governor treat him like he's a genius scientist? Unless I've missed something, I haven't seen one genius thing he's done. And his little zombie memory experiment was a complete failure. He's loyal to The Governor, and the Gov. trusts him. That's about all the worth I see in him. And now we know that's he not an accomplished liar.

It would be nice to learn a little about the Woodbury henchmen so their deaths mean something. We don't need entire episodes devoted to them, but I'd like to at least know more about them than the zombies who are killed.

Last episode, Rick said that once Michonne was patched up, she was gone. Well, she appears to be all patched up and she's still there. I assume Rick changed his mind? What's left of it ...

I kept waiting for ghost Lori to turn out to be a zombie and attack Rick.

Walker bombs are funny, but not all that effective considering everything else the group has dealt with.

How did the Woodbury henchman get in the guard tower?

Something I've thought about for a while ... we've heard the zombies called many different names ... walkers, geeks, biters ... but has anyone actually called them zombies? I don't think so. I don't know ... it just seems that in a zombie apocalypse, someone would actually say the word zombie in describing them.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:56 pm

Not too long ago, Rick would have picked up the hitchhiker. Or at least discussed it. Now they drive by him and Rick doesn't even give it a thought. He's thinking more like Shane now, which is good for their survival.

I sense some serious bonding coming up between Rick and Michonne.

A few weeks ago, I watched the entire Jericho series over four days. LOVED it. Thank you, Netflix! Within the first couple episodes, Robert Hawkins became my favorite character. Actor Lennie James was amazing as Hawkins. I just realized tonight that Lennie James also plays Morgan in Walking Dead. The first time we saw Morgan in season one, he didn't leave enough impression on me to recognize him seven years younger in Jericho. But as soon as I heard Morgan's voice tonight, I said, "HOLY CRAP!!! It's Hawkins!" Now I really hope we haven't seen the last of Morgan.

It was a good episode tonight. They needed to get away from the prison ... it was getting monotonous.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 4:28 pm

Got a Steelers victory and Walking Dead tonight. Anyone besides me still watching?

Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 2:53 am

I'm watching, and I think this past Sunday's episode was the best of the series.

Let's discuss.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 8:11 am

Lady Steel wrote:
I'm watching, and I think this past Sunday's episode was the best of the series.  

Let's discuss.

It was definitely the best episode of the season so far, if for no other reason than they're finally out of the prison. The prison weighed the show down too much. In a real zombie apocalypse, staying in a prison makes sense. On a TV show, it was just too boring. Aside from the one or two scares per episode, there wasn't much of a threat. There's a lot more to discuss, but it's time for work. the walking dead - Page 2 3201610882 

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 6:47 pm

I have watched a few episodes, but I basically get the Spark Notes on Twitter/Facebook.

I thought all hell broke loose after last episode.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 7:31 pm

Whyant5 wrote:
I have watched a few episodes, but I basically get the Spark Notes on Twitter/Facebook.

I thought all hell broke loose after last episode.
Dubs, if you haven't been watching this show, do yourself a favor and start from the beginning. They're on break until February, so if you apply yourself (i.e. be lazy and sit around and watch TV all day like me), you can catch up. the walking dead - Page 2 469886443 

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 8:02 pm

i agree with you guys, that was the best episode.  so far this season already blows last season away.
i am really looking forward to life outside of the prison. sucks they killed off hershel though the walking dead - Page 2 3096553220 

Spoiler:

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 11:35 pm

vasteeler wrote:
i agree with you guys, that was the best episode.  so far this season already blows last season away.
i am really looking forward to life outside of the prison. sucks they killed off hershel though the walking dead - Page 2 3096553220 

Spoiler:
Spoiler ahead (so don't read, Dubs). the walking dead - Page 2 1797695198 

After Michonne stabbed the Governor and they cut away to other action, I also thought there was a chance that he'd survive. And you're right, va, that they didn't actually show Lilly shooting him, so that creates doubt about whether he's really dead. However, I think we can believe that he's gone. On The Talking Dead, show creator Robert Kirkman didn't give even the slightest hint that he still might be alive. He talked in definite terms about him being dead. He even mentioned the behind-the-scenes discussions about who would get to kill him. They decided to give both Rick and Michonne a piece of him, and then Lilly gets the final shot.

Comics spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 12:16 am

I agree with everything you said above, Wallace. The Talking Dead pretty much confirmed it by not only those things you stated above,
Spoiler:

I posted the following over on SF, but nobody bit, so to speak. the walking dead - Page 2 1797695198  I'd really like everyone's opinion.

In regard to Lil Ass Kicker AKA Baby Judith: Where is she? Is she dead or alive?

Even though we saw her empty, bloody car seat, I think Judith is still alive. She better be, or Rick is gonna go off the deep end again. I have three different theories:

1) The two girls have her. After the girls saved Tyreese and it was time to go, the two girls went in one direction, and Tyreese yelled after them that they were to go the other way. Were the two girls going to get Judith first? This would be another feather in their cap were Lizzie the person who killed Karen and David, as well as the person who was feeding the walkers the rats.

2) Michone has her. Michone and Judith had a little bit of bonding time when Beth asked Michone to hold Judith when she was fussing a few episodes ago. She is also grateful to Rick for taking her in and they are friends. Not that excuses are necessary. I mean, who would leave an innocent baby behind?

3) Lilly and/or Tara have her. Lilly just lost her own little girl, but I don't know if either of these two sisters got far enough into the prison to save her.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 2:04 am

Lady Steel wrote:
In regard to Lil Ass Kicker AKA Baby Judith:  Where is she? Is she dead or alive?

Even though we saw her empty, bloody car seat, I think Judith is still alive. She better be, or Rick is gonna go off the deep end again. I have three different theories:

1) The two girls have her. After the girls saved Tyreese and it was time to go, the two girls went in one direction, and Tyreese yelled after them that they were to go the other way. Were the two girls going to get Judith first? This would be another feather in their cap were Lizzie the person who killed Karen and David, as well as the person who was feeding the walkers the rats.

2) Michone has her. Michone and Judith had a little bit of bonding time when Beth asked Michone to hold Judith when she was fussing a few episodes ago. She is also grateful to Rick for taking her in and they are friends. Not that excuses are necessary. I mean, who would leave an innocent baby behind?

3) Lilly and/or Tara have her. Lilly just lost her own little girl, but I don't know if either of these two sisters got far enough into the prison to save her.
I haven't put a whole lot of thought yet into what's going to happen going forward. There were quite a few game changers in that episode, and I need to watch the episode again. But there are so many shows I'm watching right now, it's hard to watch things once, much less twice. Still, I'll take a shot at the Judith scenario ...

All three of your possibilities make sense, but I think Michonne might be the best candidate. You're spot on about the scene with Michonne and Judith. That wasn't just a throwaway scene ... it was shown to us for a reason, and we're going to find out why Michonne reacted to Judith the way she did. I suspect we'll see the payoff in the second half of the season as Michonne takes care of Judith. Also, they briefly teased a connection between Rick and Michonne last season. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see them hook back up, Rick be eternally grateful to Michonne for saving and taking care of Judith, and then they hook up in a much more intimate way.

Another outside possibility is Beth. She has been acting more or less as Judith's guardian, so she would be the most likely person to rescue her. That's not as dramatic though, so I'm considering Beth as a less likely option right now.

Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 1:29 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Another outside possibility is Beth. She has been acting more or less as Judith's guardian, so she would be the most likely person to rescue her. That's not as dramatic though, so I'm considering Beth as a less likely option right now.
I didn't include Beth as a possibility because she was with Daryl and they took off when Daryl stated, "It's time to go." I'm going to have to watch the episode again, too, but it looked like they ran off towards the field and woods.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 3:03 am

Lady Steel wrote:
I didn't include Beth as a possibility because she was with Daryl and they took off when Daryl stated, "It's time to go."  I'm going to have to watch the episode again, too, but it looked like they ran off towards the field and woods.

Wow, I don't remember Beth and Daryl leaving together. There was so much action at the end ... it's all a blur. I'll definitely have to take the time to rewatch it.

Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 10:33 pm

'The Walking Dead': Creator Robert Kirkman on the killer midseason finale and what's next
By Dalton Ross on Dec 2, 2013 at 5:12PM

SPOILERISH!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/12/02/th...season-finale/

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 2:02 am

Lady Steel wrote:
'The Walking Dead': Creator Robert Kirkman on the killer midseason finale and what's next

SPOILERISH!

Link doesn't seem to be working.

Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 5:10 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Lady Steel wrote:

SPOILERISH!

Hmmm, sorry about that, Wallace.  Try this one maybe.

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/the-walking-dead-season-4-episode-8/
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 8:58 pm

Lady Steel wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Lady Steel wrote:

SPOILERISH!

Hmmm, sorry about that, Wallace.  Try this one maybe.

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/the-walking-dead-season-4-episode-8/

Good read. That episode was certainly a game changer.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 1:58 pm

Here's a theory (with a video clip from the last episode to back it up) that Tyreese is the person who saved Judith. I'm not sure if I buy into it, but the clip definitely shows Tyreese running away while carrying something in his arms. If you watch the clip after it is slowed down, Tyreese, who is shown from behind, is running with his arms in the exact position to be carrying a baby. It's not a smoking gun, but it's definitely interesting.

Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:53 pm

Hmmmm.  That definitely is an interesting theory.  I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it. I don't know how Tyreese's storyline would benefit from him saving Judith, but maybe that's the point. Maybe a duck is just a duck in this case.

I think Michone being Judith's savior would have more impact on her storyline and backstory, which we're supposed to get more of during the upcoming second half of this season. Michone is one of my favorite characters, though, so maybe it's just that I want it to play out that way.

I do know one thing from watching the video.  That dude talks too much.  I kept saying to myself, "Shut up and get to the point!"    the walking dead - Page 2 312503953 

What I don't get, though, is why whoever took baby Judith felt the need to take her out of her carrier.  Why not just grab the entire carrier and run?  Maybe the extra burden of weight, but probably just for dramatic purposes to show she is missing.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 1:04 pm

Lady Steel wrote:
Hmmmm.  That definitely is an interesting theory.  I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it.  I don't know how Tyreese's storyline would benefit from him saving Judith, but maybe that's the point.  Maybe a duck is just a duck in this case.

I think Michone being Judith's savior would have more impact on her storyline and backstory, which we're supposed to get more of during the upcoming second half of this season.  Michone is one of my favorite characters, though, so maybe it's just that I want it to play out that way.

Yeah, I'm with ya ... story-wise, Michonne makes the most sense. Perhaps Michonne and Tyreese find each other and she ends up being the one who has to care for Judith. Perhaps Tyreese is a good rescuer but not much of a caretaker.  the walking dead - Page 2 2087824411 

Lady Steel wrote:
I do know one thing from watching the video.  That dude talks too much.  I kept saying to myself, "Shut up and get to the point!"    the walking dead - Page 2 312503953 

the walking dead - Page 2 1664291743 I thought the same thing while watching a few of his videos. They could have been more than half the length that they were.

Lady Steel wrote:
What I don't get, though, is why whoever took baby Judith felt the need to take her out of her carrier.  Why not just grab the entire carrier and run?  Maybe the extra burden of weight, but probably just for dramatic purposes to show she is missing.

Yeah, I think it was just for dramatic effect to leave the audience wondering whether Judith was eaten by a zombie. Any other show wouldn't have an infant killed like that, but Walking Dead certainly would. In this case, however, I'd be surprised if Judith was killed. Regardless of who rescued her, I still think she's going to end up in the arms of Michonne somehow.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

the walking dead
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next