Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers select Ta'amu in Round 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bays

Bays

Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4 Empty
PostSubject: Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4   Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:08 pm

Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4 92322839_display_image

SteelersXtreme.com

The Pittsburgh Steelers have selected Washington defensive tackle Alameda Ta'amu in round 4 of the 2012 NFL draft.

Ta'amu was considered a top prospect coming into this years draft but slipped into the fourth round. The Steelers traded away their fourth-round pick (24) and sixth-round pick (24) to the Redskins to move up to 14th spot in the fourth to select him.

At 6-foot-2, 348 pounds, Ta'amu measures great for a nose tackle and runs over his opponents. He was an Honorable Mention All-Pac-10 in 2010 and entered the draft as a senior this year. The Steelers came into the draft needing depth on the defensive line. Casey Hampton, who is entering his 12th season as a pro, suffered an ACL injury in 2011. And long-time backup Chris Hoke retired earlier this year.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4   Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:12 pm

Great. Another name I need to learn how to pronounce and will constantly slaughter. Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4 1505004552

Can't we stick to drafting Bills, Bobs, and Joes? Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4 1797695198

I love this pick. It's crazy to get too excited about a draft until we actually see the guys in action, but I'm ecstatic with what we've done so far.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4   Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:19 pm

Ta'amu was projected to go in the third round, although he was one of the best DT prospects going in. We got him in the fourth, after a trade with Redskins to move up ten spots. Mike Adams was projected in the top 20 before the bad test, we got him in round two, pick 24.

Come to think of it, Sean Spence is the only one we've got where he was projected so far Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4 1797695198

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4   Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:46 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Great. Another name I need to learn how to pronounce and will constantly slaughter. Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4 1505004552

Can't we stick to drafting Bills, Bobs, and Joes? Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4 1797695198

I love this pick. It's crazy to get too excited about a draft until we actually see the guys in action, but I'm ecstatic with what we've done so far.

Can't we just call him Anchor and be done with it?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4   Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 7:06 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

If we were able to handle Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala, we can handle anything. Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4 1797695198

I'm super glad we have addressed yet another need with a prospect that was projected higher than where we got him. This draft is looking like a grand slam on paper and is making various parts of my body hard right now. It's like this draft was made for us. Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4 3798349058

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4   Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:43 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Can't we just call him Anchor and be done with it?

I'm just gonna call him MOOOOO!!!! Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4   Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers select Ta'amu in Round 4
Page 1 of 1