Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers really, really wanted DeCastro Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers really, really wanted DeCastro

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
vasteeler

vasteeler

Steelers really, really wanted DeCastro Empty
PostSubject: Steelers really, really wanted DeCastro   Steelers really, really wanted DeCastro EmptyTue May 08, 2012 10:34 am

May, 8, 2012
By Jamison Hensley
ESPN.com

Steelers Had Planned To Trade Up For Stanford Guard:

It's not a newsflash that the Pittsburgh Steelers wanted David DeCastro. Pittsburgh selected the Stanford guard with the 24th overall pick, taking him over Alabama inside linebacker Dont'a Hightower.

But how much the Steelers coveted DeCastro will probably surprise you. According to NFL Network, the Steelers had a draft-day trade in place with the New York Jets to move up to No. 16, one spot ahead of the Bengals, and take DeCastro.

The Jets were reportedly willing to fall back to the Steelers' spot at No. 24 to get pass-rushing defensive linemen Bruce Irvin or Quinton Coples. Once the Seahawks surprisingly chose Irvin at No. 15, the Jets backed out of the trade with the Steelers and drafted Coples, NFL Network reported.

On April 26, the night of the first round, Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert was asked if the team had attempted to trade up for DeCastro after selecting him. "I’ll leave that to the imagination," Colbert said last month. "I’ll just say again, we identified several guys that we thought we would entertain trading up to get, and this kid was one of them."

Read More: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...anted-decastro

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers really, really wanted DeCastro   Steelers really, really wanted DeCastro EmptyTue May 08, 2012 10:55 am

We needed an OL more than a LB. I think this line has the potential to be scary good. Maybe not immediately, but mid to late season and beyond.

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers really, really wanted DeCastro   Steelers really, really wanted DeCastro EmptyTue May 08, 2012 11:23 am

next season this o-line is really going to be hard for opposing defenses to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers really, really wanted DeCastro   Steelers really, really wanted DeCastro EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:36 pm

Wow! I'm glad we didn't throw away any draft picks to the Jets. How sweet it is! Steelers really, really wanted DeCastro 2185032793

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers really, really wanted DeCastro   Steelers really, really wanted DeCastro Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1