Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homeheat vs. thunder Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

heat vs. thunder

Go down 
+4
Bays
Mach1
fer69
vasteeler
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
vasteeler

vasteeler

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 2:46 pm

who ya got?

thunder in 6

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:57 pm

miami in 5 (i hate the heat)heat vs. thunder 3798349058

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller

Last edited by fer69 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 1:03 am

OKC in 6.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 5:50 am

OKC game 7 win.

Bays

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:08 pm

heat vs. thunder Finals_banner

heat vs. thunder Finals_banner
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 10:17 pm

45-37 at halftime, Miami's winning.

My thoughts on the first half of play:

Both teams look hungry. Miami had the better first quarter, outscoring OKC 29-22. Quarter 2 was exciting. Both teams traded baskets, and scored 25 even. Miami's winning on the strength of their opening quarter, but if OKC comes out anything like they did in Quarter 2, it'll be down to the defense.

OKC's first half: B+
Miami's first half: A

Come on OKC!

Quest For Seven
Mach1

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:42 pm

Too bad for miami theres a 4h qtr. heat vs. thunder 3562723908

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:26 pm

As usual, there's no point in watching basketball until about 5 minutes left in the fourth.

Oh, and Durant > LeBron

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:28 pm

This series is making me sick. The Heat get a huge lead, then BLOW it (no, the Thunder don't play better).... in the 2nd half especially the 4th quarter.

Come on now.

Wallace108

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:38 pm

If there's a God, the Heat lose. Not this game necessarily, but the series. There's no way God would allow LeBron to win a championship.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:45 pm

HAHAHA ... Durant > LeBron

Durant = Michael Jordan
LeBron = Dominique Wilkins

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:48 pm

LeFraud gets away with a foul and then hits 2 big free throws. heat vs. thunder 2913999526

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 12:11 am

Wallace108 wrote:
LeFraud gets away with a foul and then hits 2 big free throws. heat vs. thunder 2913999526

Everyone is going to say "that's the reason the Heat won". I never liked LeBron, but the dude can win with the media. (The whole not 2, not 3, not 4 taking the talents to South Beach didn't help tho)

Wallace108

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 12:28 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Everyone is going to say "that's the reason the Heat won". I never liked LeBron, but the dude can win with the media. (The whole not 2, not 3, not 4 taking the talents to South Beach didn't help tho)
Nah, the Heat didn't win because of that one play. They were the better team tonight.

As a Pittsburgh fan, I hate anything from Cleveland. But I'm a little more accepting of the Cavs because Pittsburgh doesn't have an NBA team. I'm a human with feelings, so I'd like to see Cleveland fans be able to celebrate a championship ... as long as it's not the Browns or Indians. I have no problem with the Cavs winning a championship, but LeBron took that opportunity away from them. Even Cleveland fans don't deserve what that ass did to them. So if the Cavs don't win a championship, then neither should LeFraud.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 12:35 am

I'm sure this should be another topic but Cleveland didn't do what was necessary to keep LeBron around. Let's face it... the NBA is about big 3's. You can't just be the solo star and win a championship in this league. Who did LBJ have in Cleveland? No one. He was a better player because of that, but he wasn't going to win a championship. He had a killer instinct on that team, but had no help. After 82 games and the playoffs, you couldn't expect him to carry them through the playoffs.

He had a lot of great role player, spot shooters (like Battier)... but no D Wade or Bosh.

SteelersYak

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 12:38 am

I HATE all Cleveland sports, and all their athletes (I am only rooting for LeBron because my friends are Cavs fans and don't want LeBron to win one) but I believe that when they are doing a documentary on LeBron when he is old and retired... he will say that leaving Cleveland wasn't his choice, that management forced his hand because he wasn't getting the help he needed.

He wanted to win a championship, and he wanted it to be in Cleveland.

Wallace108

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:00 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
I'm sure this should be another topic but Cleveland didn't do what was necessary to keep LeBron around. Let's face it... the NBA is about big 3's. You can't just be the solo star and win a championship in this league. Who did LBJ have in Cleveland? No one. He was a better player because of that, but he wasn't going to win a championship. He had a killer instinct on that team, but had no help. After 82 games and the playoffs, you couldn't expect him to carry them through the playoffs.

He had a lot of great role player, spot shooters (like Battier)... but no D Wade or Bosh.
You make a good point, but Jordan won six championships. Who did he ever have other than Pippen? And Pippen wasn't exactly a superstar, as he proved after Jordan left. Off the top of your head, without using Google, name 5 or 6 other Bulls players on those 6 championship teams. If you can name more than 5 off the top of your head without cheating, you win.

Jordan didn't need two other superstars to win a championship. He made everyone else around him better. If LeBron was as great as a lot of people say he is, he could have won championships in Cleveland with role players just like Jordan won championships in Chicago with role players.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:19 am

Off the top of my head.... Will Purdue, Dennis Rodman, Toni Kukoc, B.J. Armstrong, Bill Cartwright.

Today's NBA is different than back then. All sports are different than "back then".

Wallace108

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:26 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
Off the top of my head.... Will Purdue, Dennis Rodman, Toni Kukoc, B.J. Armstrong, Bill Cartwright.

Today's NBA is different than back then. All sports are different than "back then".
I said name MORE than 5, so you lose. heat vs. thunder 3798349058

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:31 am

Wallace108 wrote:
BGSU A Dub wrote:

I said name MORE than 5, so you lose. heat vs. thunder 3798349058

You changed the rules... you said "name 5 or 6".... you want a 6th? Steve Kerr. Beast from the 3 point line.

SteelersYak

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:41 am

I didn't watch a lot of basketball when I was younger, but I did know the Bulls. I always say I wish I was an older teenager or older in the 80's cos I believe that's when basketball was at it's best.

Wallace108

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:49 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
I didn't watch a lot of basketball when I was younger, but I did know the Bulls. I always say I wish I was an older teenager or older in the 80's cos I believe that's when basketball was at it's best.
I grew up watching Bird and Magic. And then Jordan. Basketball today doesn't even compare to then. But I will say this ... there's something about the Thunder that reminds me of that time period. I've never liked another team other than my Lakers, but I find myself really liking the Thunder.

And Dubs, read my earlier post ... I didn't change the rules ... I said name MORE than 5. heat vs. thunder 3939274466
I'm disappointed that you didn't mention the Ohio Flyer ... Ron Harper.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:57 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Off the top of your head, without using Google, name 5 or 6 other Bulls players on those 6 championship teams. If you can name more than 5 off the top of your head without cheating, you win.

I never liked Ron Harper.

But the Thunder do not remind me of old school bball. If anyone... it was the Celtics heat vs. thunder 294855916

There will NEVER be another Jordan. Ever. I watched "The Dream Team" and that proved to me that basketball will never be like that ever again.

Wallace108

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 2:05 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Off the top of your head, without using Google, name 5 or 6 other Bulls players on those 6 championship teams. If you can name more than 5 off the top of your head without cheating, you win.

I never liked Ron Harper.

But the Thunder do not remind me of old school bball. If anyone... it was the Celtics heat vs. thunder 294855916

There will NEVER be another Jordan. Ever. I watched "The Dream Team" and that proved to me that basketball will never be like that ever again.
OK, I'm going to say something blasphemous ...

Don't misunderstand what I'm about to say. Jordan was the greatest player ever, BUT ... he was also a beneficiary of a weak NBA at the time. The best teams at the time ... Lakers, Pistons, Celtics ... were all old. There was no team to really challenge the Bulls. Think about how many more championships the Lakers would have won if it wasn't for Bird and the Celtics. Think about how many more championships the Celtics would have won if it wasn't for Magic and the Lakers. When the Bulls were at their peak, there was no one to challenge them.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 2:08 am

So we should have counted the Celtics out this postseason because they are old? They took the Heat all 7 and still made a great run. Age is but a number. The Jazz were a damn good team and a great opponent for the Bulls. The Bulls did not just Waltz through the playoffs. EVERY team tried to equip themselves to beat the Bulls because if you could beat the Bulls, everyone else was light work.

heat vs. thunder Empty
PostSubject: Re: heat vs. thunder   heat vs. thunder Empty

Back to top Go down

heat vs. thunder
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next