Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers sign ex-Bengals LB Johnson Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers sign ex-Bengals LB Johnson

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BornaSteelersfan
Xtreme Newb
BornaSteelersfan

Steelers sign ex-Bengals LB Johnson Empty
PostSubject: Steelers sign ex-Bengals LB Johnson   Steelers sign ex-Bengals LB Johnson EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:12 pm

The Pittsburgh Steelers have signed former Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Brandon Johnson.

The 29-year-old Johnson spent the last four seasons in Cincinnati, where he played 58 games — including 12 starts — recording a career-high 79 tackles in 2008. Johnson was originally drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in the fifth round of the 2006 draft. Johnson gives the Steelers needed veteran depth at linebacker. Pittsburgh's other three top reserves — Stephenson Sylvester, Jason Worilds and rookie Sean Spence — have started a combined eight NFL games.

The Steelers also signed journeyman long snapper Matt Katula, who split time with the New England Patriots* and Minnesota Vikings last season. To make room for Johnson and Katula, the Steelers released tight end Wes Lyons and placed receiver Connor Dixon on the injured/waived list.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/pittsburgh-steelers-sign-linebacker-brandon-johnson-061312
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign ex-Bengals LB Johnson   Steelers sign ex-Bengals LB Johnson EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:59 pm

Nothing wrong with picking up some additional depth. On a related note, I've been reading that Spence is looking impressive.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign ex-Bengals LB Johnson   Steelers sign ex-Bengals LB Johnson EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 3:05 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Nothing wrong with picking up some additional depth. On a related note, I've been reading that Spence is looking impressive.

I agree and am glad to hear about Spence. I have high hopes for him.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign ex-Bengals LB Johnson   Steelers sign ex-Bengals LB Johnson EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:14 am

Don't know much about Johnson, but as Wally and Dave said, it doesn't hurt to have depth. I'm also super glad to hear Spence is looking good, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much. Training camp is one thing, the NFL regular season and playoffs are a whole different animal. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Spence though. I like what I'm hearing. Steelers sign ex-Bengals LB Johnson 1414754481

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign ex-Bengals LB Johnson   Steelers sign ex-Bengals LB Johnson Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers sign ex-Bengals LB Johnson
Page 1 of 1