Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers release Suisham; sign Johnson Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson

Go down 
+10
IowaSteeler927
solardave
El-Gonzo Jackson
vasteeler
Drizztbob
Lokki
Fire Arians
Atlanta Dan
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Steeler Zach
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Steeler Zach

Steeler Zach

Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson Empty
PostSubject: Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson   Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 10:19 am

The Steelers have released K Shaun Suisham and signed RB Brandon Johnson.

The Steelers have released kicker Shaun Suisham with the designation of Failed Physical, the team announced today.

“Unfortunately Shaun incurred a setback in his recovery from knee surgery that won’t allow him to compete in a timely manner,” said Steelers General Manager Kevin Colbert. “Shaun has played a significant role in our success during his time in Pittsburgh. He has been the consummate professional on the field and in our community. We wish he and his family all the best in the future."

To read the rest, go to: http://www.steelers.com/news/transactions/article-1/Steelers-release-Suisham-sign-Johnson/820b09b0-2106-4d23-a9bb-437ecae95016

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson   Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 10:37 am

I think he's probably finished. Shaun seemed like a good guy and I wish him well in future endeavors when not playing us.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson   Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 11:01 am

Classy statement by Suisham on his release - sounds like he knows his career is over

Suisham released a statement to the Post-Gazette:

“Thank you Pittsburgh and all of Steelers Nation!

“Unfortunately, the injury I sustained in the Pro Football Hall of Fame Game last preseason was catastrophic and has proven to be critical to continuing my career. My journey in the NFL has come to a crossroads.

“I was raised in Wallaceburg, Ontario, as a hockey player and have been on an improbable 16-year journey as a kicker, competing at the highest level. The absolute nature of my position has given me the opportunity to test my resolve, and I have grown both professionally and as a man.

“Undoubtedly, I will miss the challenge of game day and the preparation that is required. Change is hard, but I’m comfortable with where I am in life as a husband and father.”

“I will always be grateful to every team and coach that has given me an opportunity in the NFL. I am especially grateful to everyone — teammates, coaches and fans — in our adopted hometown of Pittsburgh, Pa.

“Best always, Shaun Suisham and family.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/06/24/Steelers-release-veteran-kicker-Shaun-Suisham-pittsburgh/stories/201606240168

Sorry it ended this way for him due to an understandable but disastrous decision to mix it up on the kick return team in a preseason game

Life changes fast. Life changes in the instant. - Joan Didion
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson   Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 1:17 pm

Hate to see someone's career end that way, in a preseason game nonetheless.

Next man up, I think the Bos will do well for us, he's better than suisham was and a lot younger, so he can be our guy for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson   Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 2:51 pm

Thanks for being classy on your exit, Shaun. I hate that his career is most likely over after an injury in a meaningless preseason game.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson   Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 2:57 pm

What an awesome way to pen himself out due to a terrible accident. He'll be missed, but I think we will all grow to appreciate what The Bos is gonna do for us and save 2.4 mil along the way...

Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson   Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 3:58 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
What an awesome way to pen himself out due to a terrible accident.  He'll be missed, but I think we will all grow to appreciate what The Bos is gonna do for us and save 2.4 mil along the way...

Boswell also tweeted a nice message

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson   Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 6:07 pm

didnt realize his injury was that bad.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson   Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 4:02 am

Didn't dude grab a Ravens player in a skirmish as well as hit a ton of clutch kicks? Gotta love a kicker like that. #respect
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson   Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 5:16 am

All I can say is that I wish him luck and all the best. He played his best ball with us and I appreciate that. Good luck in the future Mr. Suisham! Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson 469886443
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson   Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 6:00 pm

Best of luck Sushi!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson   Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 8:42 pm

Sucks that he had to be taken out like that in that stupid Hof game.

Suish gave us all he had...wish him the best

jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson   Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 12:21 pm

I'm sure Sushi will land on his feet. He was a technically solid kicker. Perhaps coaching is in his future?
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson   Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 8:15 am

Fare ye well Suisham!

For a long time you were money, and now we part ways, not because the game passed you by but because your injury passed you by.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson   Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 3:53 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Classy statement by Suisham on his release - sounds like he knows his career is over

Suisham released a statement to the Post-Gazette:

“Thank you Pittsburgh and all of Steelers Nation!

“Unfortunately, the injury I sustained in the Pro Football Hall of Fame Game last preseason was catastrophic and has proven to be critical to continuing my career. My journey in the NFL has come to a crossroads.

“I was raised in Wallaceburg, Ontario, as a hockey player and have been on an improbable 16-year journey as a kicker, competing at the highest level. The absolute nature of my position has given me the opportunity to test my resolve, and I have grown both professionally and as a man.

“Undoubtedly, I will miss the challenge of game day and the preparation that is required. Change is hard, but I’m comfortable with where I am in life as a husband and father.”

“I will always be grateful to every team and coach that has given me an opportunity in the NFL. I am especially grateful to everyone — teammates, coaches and fans — in our adopted hometown of Pittsburgh, Pa.

“Best always, Shaun Suisham and family.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/06/24/Steelers-release-veteran-kicker-Shaun-Suisham-pittsburgh/stories/201606240168

Sorry it ended this way for him due to an understandable but disastrous decision to mix it up on the kick return team in a preseason game

Life changes fast. Life changes in the instant. - Joan Didion

Very classy guy. I'm proud he was a Steeler. It's awesome he was such a help to Boswell, and looking forward to a great Steelers career for him too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson   Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers release Suisham; sign Johnson
Page 1 of 1